Well

LDF

the last 2 games, even tho we lost, was a nice game to see. i saw us in a close game, out pitchers didn't lose it via a blow out. this reminds me of how the season started when we weren't hitting. its been a long and trying season and i am still excited about them as i was in spring training, b/c i am seeing a great future. :)

Guest hotsoxchick1

just think if this.. the twinkies have a lot of guys coming up on free agency and stuff like that at the end of this season.... can you say "cleveland remodel" in minnisoda.......the division is ours next year as long as kenny keeps his nose off jerrys field......and his hands out of his lineups......

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

just think if this.. the twinkies have a lot of guys coming up on free agency and stuff like that at the end of this season.... can you say "cleveland remodel" in minnisoda.......the division is ours next year as long as kenny keeps his nose off jerrys field......and his hands out of his lineups......

I wouldn't go so far as to say the division is ours. However, I do think next year's club will be much more entertaining to watch, and that we won't have to worry about them giving a full effort all the time. Bring on spring training.

Guest hotsoxchick1

and if .....oh hell never mind im too tired to and if tonite...........we will do just fine... and we will take the division next year .. not so sure we will fair well in the playoffs but the division is a nice start........

Originally posted by delben91

I wouldn't go so far as to say the division is ours.  However, I do think next year's club will be much more entertaining to watch, and that we won't have to worry about them giving a full effort all the time.  Bring on spring training.

I'm not going to call the division ours because I did that this year and look what happened, but I am going to say one thing, this team if it plays hard will win the division and be very exciting and fun to watch.

I hope you are right, but I don't know how we can call the division ours.

We played .500 ball and still have a ton of question marks.

Until I see the Twins roster next year I can't say we are gonna win squat.

Does anybody know for sure who the Twins are gonna lose?

Who are free agents, etc.

I thought they had a batch of guys in the Mark B. category, way too young to be free agents

Originally posted by greg775

Does anybody know for sure who the Twins are gonna lose?

From Gammons:

Minnesota owner Carl Pohlad has complained about losses, saw less than 50,000 fans come to the BaggyDome for their three games after clinching the AL Central and may well order that GM Terry Ryan move two or three of their salaries, possibly arbitration cases like David Ortiz and Jacque Jones, or a contract like Eric Milton.

I wouldn't mind picking up a Jacque Jones and if they don't want to give him up, I'd definately take Bobby Kielty.

Hey, I know it doesn't happen much in the majors with the exception with the A's, but why not deal one of our guys like Rowand and then let Jones replace him.

Then wait to deal Lee or Thomas for a year and then have Borchard come up to replace Jones in center with Jones moving to left.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Hey, I know it doesn't happen much in the majors with the exception with the A's, but why not deal one of our guys like Rowand and then let Jones replace him.

Then wait to deal Lee or Thomas for a year and then have Borchard come up to replace Jones in center with Jones moving to left.

Williams has had 2 chances to move Rowand and he killed both deals. He must like him.

Thomas isn't going anywhere. Williams would like to make him go away, Reinsdorf won't let that happen.

I like the optimism (and I'm trying to feel it, but.........)

Come one... Realistically, this team has some gaping holes in it, not to mention a coaching staff that if it can't be called completely inept, it can certainly be called extremely pathetic. While some positive came out of this team in the last month, as long as we are understocked with quality, consistent starters and are thin in the outfield and behind the plate, we should jump for joy for .500 seasons.

I love the Sox, I always will and I can't wait until catchers and pitchers report (only 3 months or so :) ), but let's not forget the reality of the situation... Right now, the Sox are looking like they're going to field an Opening Day roster of...

C) Mark Johnson

1B) Paul Konerko

2B) D'Angelo Jiminez

3B) Joe Crede

SS) Jose Valentin

LF) Carlos Lee

CF) Aaron Rowand

RF) Magglio Ordonez

SP) Mark Buehrle

While I think the future may be rosy for the Sox with the success some of our minor league teams are having, as long as Captain Kenny is running the show and Uncle Jerry is holding the purse-strings, I fear the Sox may forever be bridesmaids.

Oh well. I'm 19. If JR thinks he can outlive me, he's got a fight on his hands...

Sorry if I may be overly pessimistic, but I did write this, after all (By the way, not to sound picky or whiny... I am new here, after all, but the link on the front page doesn't lead to the article... the link on the front page is missing the a in afansview).

Go White Sox!

Originally posted by doubleM23

I like the optimism (and I'm trying to feel it, but.........)

Come one... Realistically, this team has some gaping holes in it, not to mention a coaching staff that if it can't be called completely inept, it can certainly be called extremely pathetic.  While some positive came out of this team in the last month, as long as we are understocked with quality, consistent starters and are thin in the outfield and behind the plate, we should jump for joy for .500 seasons.

I love the Sox, I always will and I can't wait until catchers and pitchers report (only 3 months or so :) ), but let's not forget the reality of the situation...  Right now, the Sox are looking like they're going to field an Opening Day roster of...

C) Mark Johnson

1B) Paul Konerko

2B) D'Angelo Jiminez

3B) Joe Crede

SS) Jose Valentin

LF) Carlos Lee

CF) Aaron Rowand

RF) Magglio Ordonez

SP) Mark Buehrle

While I think the future may be rosy for the Sox with the success some of our minor league teams are having, as long as Captain Kenny is running the show and Uncle Jerry is holding the purse-strings, I fear the Sox may forever be bridesmaids.

Oh well.  I'm 19.  If JR thinks he can outlive me, he's got a fight on his hands...

Sorry if I may be overly pessimistic, but I did write this, after all (By the way, not to sound picky or whiny... I am new here, after all, but the link on the front page doesn't lead to the article... the link on the front page is missing the a in afansview).

Go White Sox!

Doublem Welcome aboard and he'll have to fight the both of us, cause I'm 19 too.

Anyway I think that in a sense you are right that we may just be overly optimistic, but I just can't go an entire offseason scared crapless about the Sox. I'm already scared about the Bears and fear the fact that the Bulls could just stink again this year.

As far as your lineup goes, I really think Olivo is there to stay next year with MJ backing him up and Paul on his way elsewhere or staying in AAA in case of an injury. Oh ya Doublem, that was an awesome article. We all talked about it and how much we liked it but we didn't have a clue who wrote it until Ian informed us. Also job there.

Anyway I think that in a sense you are right that we may just be overly optimistic, but I just can't go an entire offseason scared crapless about the Sox. I'm already scared about the Bears and fear the fact that the Bulls could just stink again this year.

As far as your lineup goes, I really think Olivo is there to stay next year with MJ backing him up and Paul on his way elsewhere or staying in AAA in case of an injury. Oh ya Doublem, that was an awesome article. We all talked about it and how much we liked it but we didn't have a clue who wrote it until Ian informed us. Also job there.

Oh, I know. In my dreams, I can see them winning the division. Ah... fond memories of that game against Seattle in 1993... Burks making that grab... Throwing his hands up... Yeah...

I can't wait for 2003 to start, but looking at the situation realistically, I still don't know if we're ready to be a realistic contender....

Yet.

Maybe if we get that idiot out of the GM-ship we'd be something. But he works cheap.

Its not the gm that works cheap, its Jerry Reinsdorf. I have plans to one day become a multi millionaire, but I fear that I won't be able to afford the White Sox and a good salary unless I'm a billionaire.

Man, I have to first find a source of lots of money and then start investing.

Now as far as our lineup goes. I like our pitching if we get one more starter and KW swears by the fact that we will and one thing I've learned from him is usually when he says he's going to do something he at least tries.

The Bullpen is set in my opinion and our offense is going to be good cause we have Konerko, Maggs, Thomas and Caballo. Jimenez is impressive, Crede is impressive, but we can't guarnatee production out of either or at least have a good reason to expect it other then their potential. Olivo is also impressive, especially behind the plate while Rowand has played good since entering the starting lineup and does all the little things.

But they won't be in there next year.

Butter is going to AAA again, Porzio the same with Wunshc possibly making it and Ginter, goodbye.

Glover, Osuna, Marte, Foulke, Valentine, Biddle. Thats sounds pretty good to me, we just need to find another lefty, imo.

Butter is going to AAA again, Porzio the same with Wunshc possibly making it and Ginter, goodbye.

Glover, Osuna, Marte, Foulke, Valentine, Biddle.  Thats sounds pretty good to me, we just need to find another lefty, imo.

Butter doesn't have a contract, he's a free agent. There's going to be a real battle in that pen next season if Valentine and Almonte come to camp and kick ass.

Trust me on Valentine that guy will be here, mark my words.

As far as Butter goes, everyone seems to think, including KW himself who said he'd like to have him back.

Like I say if he gets his velocity back then I have no problem with him as our second lefty out of the pen.