MLB to select all-star teams

Mr. Showtime

Pretty much this is being done to stop people like Joe Torre from pick 23 Yankees.

Saw this in an article on espn:

From January 23, a short article written by Hal Bodley for USA Today.

Look for Sandy Alderson, Major League Baseball's vice president of operations, to play a stronger role in the selection of All-Star teams. It's unlikely managers will have as much input, especially in choosing players from their own teams.

"Managers during the regular season have some involvement on how their own team's rosters are put together but not necessarily a controlling interest," Alderson said.

ESPN

Good...atleast we won't see someone like David Eckstein or JT Snow or someone like that make it now. I could see them picking towards having a bias towards the hometown team(say maybe take Joe Crede over Robin Ventura even if Ventura's numbers are slightly better).

Another thing I think they should get rid of is having every team represented. I don't like the fact that we have to see a guy like Robert Fick or Randy Winn be in the All-Star game as a representative of his team while a guy like Jim Thome or Magglio Ordonez has to sit on his ass and watch the All-Star game.

And then if they could take away fan voting as a whole....I wouldn't mind that either....though that's probably a little out of the question.

Good...atleast we won't see someone like David Eckstein or JT Snow or someone like that make it now.  I could see them picking towards having a bias towards the hometown team(say maybe take Joe Crede over Robin Ventura even if Ventura's numbers are slightly better).

Another thing I think they should get rid of is having every team represented.  I don't like the fact that we have to see a guy like Robert Fick or Randy Winn be in the All-Star game as a representative of his team while a guy like Jim Thome or Magglio Ordonez has to sit on his ass and watch the All-Star game. 

And then if they could take away fan voting as a whole....I wouldn't mind that either....though that's probably a little out of the question.

I agree wsf. I the team sucks and no one deserves to go than no one should go. The best players should go, PERIOD.

Thats good. I dont want the AS game to come to Comiskey and star like 6 Yanks, 5 Mariners and 2 Sox'. I want a good three or four of our guys to show up and have an impact like they did last year. Maggs better be there if his numbers are good enough!

expects 3-4 allstars from the sox

1)mags

2)colon

3)MB

4)open

Thats good. I dont want the AS game to come to Comiskey and star like 6 Yanks, 5 Mariners and 2 Sox'. I want a good three or four of our guys to show up and have an impact like they did last year. Maggs better be there if his numbers are good enough!

1)mags

2)colon

3)MB

4)open

paulie :headbang

1)mags

2)colon

3)MB

4)open

I'm thinking Koch could be there, and then maybe Pk or Frank.

if they actually vote in a DH position where the player has to play DH then thomas will almost be gaurenteed the pot...there just arnt any good DH right now...

im almost ready to do away with the whole all star game...i must admit i dont watch anything but the home run derby right now...what we ought to do isset up a mid season classic with japan...best of 3 series in the middle of july...japan vrs USA...now id watch that

if they actually vote in a DH position where the player has to play DH then thomas will almost be gaurenteed the pot...there just arnt any good DH right now...

edgar martinez? and all those other dh's i cant think of right now...though i like ur idea of that japan series..but after this season :D

1)mags

2)colon

3)MB

4)open

Paulie's not an elite first baseman, and I don't see him making too many more All-Star games.