Favorite movies

Soxplosion

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Mel Brooks movies that I've seen have been pretty damn funny. Signs was good and if you think Black Hawk Down was good, read the book, it's ten times better.

Ive read the book twice. Theyre both pretty good but Im leaning towards the movie being better...

My favorite character in the book has to be Stebbins. Did you read the book before or after you saw the movie?

Most Mel Brooks movies that I've seen have been pretty damn funny. Signs was good and if you think Black Hawk Down was good, read the book, it's ten times better.

Ive read the book twice. Theyre both pretty good but Im leaning towards the movie being better...

My favorite character in the book has to be Stebbins. Did you read the book before or after you saw the movie?

Oh that was a long time ago. I think I started with the book, saw the movie and then finished the book but Im not sure...

The Godfather Series (specifically #1 and #2)

Then in a distant runners up positions:

Tombstone (awesome movie)

Shawshank Redemption

Scarface

The Untouchables

Braveheart

Gladiator

Swingers

Caddyshack

Goodfellas

Young Guns 1 and 2 :D

All of those movies are great. But Young Guns????? :huh:

Does anyone else think that For the Love of the Game was a horrible excuse for a movie?

:puke

yeah it was..it was a way to get guys to sit through a chick flick...kevin costner has really become a pussy...i dont know who is worse..him or mathew mcconehey...all they do are these chick flicks now with the mr sensitive theme..makes me want to :puke

Batman

Shawshank Redemption

Donnie Darko

South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut

Truman Show

L.A. Confidential

Dr. Strangelove

Slapshot

Posting again are we Spiff?

i told you i couldn't get to this site for the last week or so, for whatever reason.

i told you i couldn't get to this site for the last week or so, for whatever reason.

that happens to me a lot also...for almost up to a week sometimes the site will just not load

I'm going to have to contact the server company about this and try to fix that problem.

I never knew of it before, but hopefully they know what to do and can fix it.

What kind of an error message do you get Kark?

1. Thieves Like Us (Robert Altman directing) - also McCabe and Mrs Miller, Nashville

2. Ran (Akira Kurosawa directing) - also, Rashomon

3. Y Tu Mama Tambien (Alfonso Cuaron directing)

4. Star Wars (the original Lucas film - did anything ever take one's breath away like that?)

5. Rocky Horror Picture Show (let's do the time warp again...)

6. Titanic (James Cameron directing - its big, its star heavy, its the best film yet on what actually happened)

7. Woodstock tie with Monterey Pop

8. Reservoir Dogs (one glimpse and I have to sit through it again - can never hear the song Stuck in the Middle with You without flashbacks to this film)

9. Annie Hall (Woody Allen)

10. Moonstruck - a perfect movie that combines love, great characters, Italians, and opera)

11. Blair Witch - I watch 2 seconds if it and I am glued to the end, again

12. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - to get me to like a karate film, it has to be damn, damn good and it was

13. Eight Mile - Go Rabbit, Go Rabbit...