Dawn Of The Dead

SoxAce

Hey guys and gals. Just got back home from seeing that movie. I recommend you see Dawn Of The Dead if you haven't seen it. It's scary, action packed, and adventureous. (And SuperSteve, I know how much you like nudity and they have that too :)) If any one has seen the movie I would like your take on what you thought of it. There was a movie Will Smith has comming up (called I, Robot) that looks good too, ditto for Brad Pitt on his war movie. (called Troy I believe) Thanx.

I'm glad people are enjoying this movie. I was an advocate of halting production of DOTD solely because the original is a f***ing classic, and hollywood is intent on ruining horror movies because they have run out of ideas. After my satisfaction with 28 Days Later I honestly believed hollywood was turning a corner in ingenuity and creativeness. Nothing changes with this movie; DOTD is not a remake frame for frame (ala Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Psycho), it only copies the most general plot details from the original: Zombie virus begins, Survivors seek refuge in mall. One other main difference from the 1978 version is the zombies run.......really fast.

Several of my friends watched the movie today and described one funny scene where the survivors shoot celebrities. If Dawn of the Dead occured in real life, I think we all know who Apu would seek and and shoot (for either being a zombie, or because he could get away with it.) :D

Zombie's being able to move faster than a snail's crawl would make them a little more formidable. I haven't paid much attention to the remake (of a remake) - is George Romero involved in some capacity? If so, he's gotta be the hands-down winner in the 'Number of films made based on No New Ideas Whatsoever' award category.

My favorite in the Romero zombie film catalog is, of course, the never-released "Day Off of the Dead" - a graphic depiction of what zombies do to kick back after a tough week of ambling mindlessly about and eating the flesh of very slow humans.

Some parts were kinda eh... like when the girl was getting f***ed, and they are all having fun when there were like a ton of Zombies waiting to kill them. I like the part when they were shooting the celebraties (Jay Leno, Bert R. and Rosie O.)

Hey guys and gals. Just got back home from seeing that movie. I recommend you see Dawn Of The Dead if you haven't seen it. It's scary, action packed, and adventureous. (And SuperSteve, I know how much you like nudity and they have that too :)) If any one has seen the movie I would like your take on what you thought of it. There was a movie Will Smith has comming up (called I, Robot) that looks good too, ditto for Brad Pitt on his war movie. (called Troy I believe) Thanx.

Shout out!!!! :headbang

Also Apu said:

Good movie. Sorta predictable but still good.

Could that be because it is just a remake of an older movie, perhaps? :ph34r: ;)

LMFAO!!! I thought when I saw this thread that you were referring to that stupid zombie horror movie from the 70's.

:lol: