Bow Flex.

RedPinStripes

I've used one once or twice just to see what its like. Seems like a quality machine, but they are pretty pricy.

The nice thing is they are space friendly. I do think the way they work you out (With resistance) is a pretty damn good way to do it.

My friend has been looking to buy one and I know a ton of them are available for use because a lot of people don't use them or get tired of them. Thats probably your best bet. I'm sure you could find one for sale in the classifieds.

But from the two times I used them (just at the local sporting goods store) they seemed pretty damn good and effective.

Free weights are best, but if you don't got room, then this is a sweet alternative.

I guess scratch the used one idea. I just saw your response on WSI and how they are like 900 bucks used.

Out here I think they have them for around 5-600 used, but not sure. Never really looked just going off what my friend has mentioned.

I'm sure they are a lot more popular in the midwest where you can't really exercise outdoors for a few months of the year.

I don't got that problem out here. I just have my dumbells, and a bench I bought for like 60 bucks and I can run outside and go to the basketball courts or football field by my house.

Yeah, I 'd be using it just to get started and for for when i cant hit the gym later. I've been out of the gym for a while so i'm gonna stick around the house for 6 months or so. Hopefully i can get decent results from it and then get back in the gym with all the equipment i need.

Yeah, I 'd be using it just to get started and for for when i cant hit the gym later. I've been out of the gym for a while so i'm gonna stick around the house for 6 months or so. Hopefully i can get decent results from it and then get back in the gym with all the equipment i need.

I used to go to the gym, but I'm not all that big on getting huge so running and the ocassional curls and situps was all I needed.

Plus I'm a cheap bastard and the 15 bucks a month was cutting into my budget :lol:

I quickly checked ebay and saw one going for like 400, but I dont' know if its a newer version or anything like that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3667172488

But as far as a start up set, they look like they can do pretty much everything to me. I mean with resistance you can kind of create you own exercies and all that stuff.

Also a fancier one for like 775

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3666907511

Don't know how the hell u'd get it if you bought it on ebay, but at least it gives you an idea price wise.

I guess scratch the used one idea.  I just saw your response on WSI and how they are like 900 bucks used.

Out here I think they have them for around 5-600 used, but not sure.  Never really looked just going off what my friend has mentioned.

I'm sure they are a lot more popular in the midwest where you can't really exercise outdoors for a few months of the year. 

I don't got that problem out here.  I just have my dumbells, and a bench I bought for like 60 bucks and I can run outside and go to the basketball courts or football field by my house.

That's my other option is just getting a bench and dumbells. I'd pay cash for a bow flex if i found one for 500, but i hear everyone selling them for 8-900. If i have to pay that much, i'd just get a new one and finance it.

A good series of Bow-Flex would probably cost you $600, but its worth the investment. Convenience and results were the main keys to convincing my parents. Wasn't into joining some fitness club or having to spend 20 minutes rearranging my s***ty bench to work the different muscles groups.

That's my other option is just getting a bench and dumbells.  I'd pay cash for a bow flex if i found one for 500, but i hear everyone selling them for 8-900.  If i have to pay that much, i'd just get a new one and finance it.

Ya, 40 bucks a month is a lot nicer, especially if they do it for a few months @ 0 %. Then again, your kind of stuck with it. If I bought something like that, I just know I'd be all lazy and wouldn't end up using it.

Hell, the only reason I do curls what-so-ever is to keep my biceps cut for the ladies :D

I run for myself...keeps me in shape, but everything else is just to look good and ensure my body doesn't fall apart as I get older.

I used to go to the gym, but I'm not all that big on getting huge so running and the ocassional curls and situps was all I needed. 

Plus I'm a cheap bastard and the 15 bucks a month was cutting into my budget  :lol:

I quickly checked ebay and saw one going for like 400, but I dont' know if its a newer version or anything like that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3667172488

But as far as a start up set, they look like they can do pretty much everything to me.  I mean with resistance you can kind of create you own exercies and all that stuff.

Also a fancier one for like 775

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3666907511

Don't know how the hell u'd get it if you bought it on ebay, but at least it gives you an idea price wise.

When i got in shape a few years back, i wasnt huge. I had decent cut to me , but i did too much cardio to get big. Raquette ball and mountain biking. As long as this bow flex can build muscle and burn fat, i's be happy. If you ever want to get big, you need a gym and few different guys to work out with for that extra push.

When i got in shape a few years back, i was huge. I had  decent cut to me , but i did too much cardio to get big. Raquette ball and mountain biking. As long as this bow flex can build muscle and burn fat, i's be happy. If you ever want to get big, you need a gym and few different guys to work out with for that extra push.

That or a little friend called Steroids...I hear Sosa can get ya a good rate ;)

Whenever I see buff guys at the gym, they are all flabby...I got no desire to get huge...and I don't have the work ethic either.

A good series of Bow-Flex would probably cost you $600, but its worth the investment.  Convenience and results were the main keys to convincing my parents.  Wasn't into joining some fitness club or having to spend 20 minutes rearranging my s***ty bench to work the different muscles groups.

Now that's what i wonder about. Some people say that adjusting that machine every time is a pain in the ass and you cant got from one exercise to another without stopping for a few minutes. When you're on a fat burning routine, you dont want to be resting longer then a minute screwing around with slides and resisance adjusters. Is it quick once you get to know it or is it a pain inthe ass?

That or a little friend called Steroids...I hear Sosa can get ya a good rate  ;)

Whenever I see buff guys at the gym, they are all flabby...I got no desire to get huge...and I don't have the work ethic either.

Buiding for size is all about diet , little cardio, and lifting so heavy you start screwing up joints like i did when i was 25. I was just starting a new routine, I got down to the weight i wasnted and i was changing it up to see how much muscle i could but on by going heavier. My shoulder still pays for that s***ty idea.

RPS, I have to go with th go to the club route but in addition to cario and weights I would suggest pilates or yoga, whichever you can find.

Both work excellently for flexibility and for core strengthening.

Don't reject it flat it until you have done it three times in 7-8 days and can see and feel the results.

Now that's what i wonder about. Some people say that adjusting that machine every time is a pain in the ass and you cant got from one exercise to another without stopping for a few minutes. When you're on a fat burning routine, you dont want to be resting longer then a minute screwing around with slides and resisance adjusters. Is it quick once you get to know it or is it a pain inthe ass?

With Bow Flex you won't have many problems at switching between different settings. It might not be the 5 seconds some dork on TV would have you believe, but for me half a minute is about normal.

What I meant by "rearranging my s***ty bench" is that before buying a bow-flex I had an mid 90's Wierner system. It had components which took several minutes to set up, and because it worked with free weights it only took more time to complete a full workout.

RPS,  I have to go with th go to the club route but in addition to cario and weights I would suggest pilates or yoga, whichever you can find.

Both work excellently for flexibility and for core strengthening.

Don't reject it flat it until you have done it three times in 7-8 days and can see and feel the results.

I'll definatly get to a gym in a few months. After i get a routine and stick with it hopefully i see some results, then i'll pay for a membership. I used to love the gym, but i'm not showing my face there in the shape i'm in. :D I dont think i cant handle the yoga. I was into of road mountain biking before and raquet ball. I'd like to go back in that direction.

With Bow Flex you won't have many problems at switching between different settings.  It might not be the 5 seconds some dork on TV would have you believe, but for me half a minute is about normal.

What I meant by "rearranging my s***ty bench" is that before buying a bow-flex I had an mid 90's Wierner system.  It had components which took several minutes to set up, and because it worked with free weights it only took more time to complete a full workout.

I doubt i'm gonna go with bow flex. I just talked to my buddy who is a personal trainer and has 300 lbs in weights and a bench. he'll let me use for a while. all i need is to get some dumbells. Much cheaper way to go.

I'll definatly get to a gym in a few months.  After i get a routine and stick with it hopefully i see some results, then i'll pay for a membership. I used to love the gym, but i'm not showing my face there in the shape i'm in.  :D  I dont think i cant handle the yoga. I was into of road mountain biking before  and raquet ball. I'd like to go back in that direction.

Pilates then, try pilates

core strength is essential and what you are going with and pilates is so excellent at building core strength

I agree with you on bow flex, not the way I would go either

I'll definatly get to a gym in a few months.  After i get a routine and stick with it hopefully i see some results, then i'll pay for a membership. I used to love the gym, but i'm not showing my face there in the shape i'm in.  :D  I dont think i cant handle the yoga. I was into of road mountain biking before  and raquet ball. I'd like to go back in that direction.

Let's see if I remember correctly:

Racquetball = f***ed up knees

Mountain Biking = "Crash Maury"

:lol:

Just accept your fate as I have accepted mine - there's a reason it's called "fat and happy".... :lol:

Let's see if I remember correctly:

Racquetball = f***ed up knees

Mountain Biking = "Crash Maury"

:lol:

Just accept your fate as I have accepted mine - there's a reason it's called "fat and happy".... :lol:

Who said i'm happy? Maybe i like crashing into trees going 40 mph down a gravel hill? Maybe i like ..............well, popping knees are no fun, but raquet ball is. Gotta do something. I'm useless at my weight. I knew you'd pop up in this thread. :finger