Josh Paul's Tribute to Joe Nossek

This is from Monday's Tribune. By the way, Josh is trying to make the Angels.

"There are many reasons I look forward to coming back to play in Chicago. It is still my favorite city...in the summer. I grew up here, and it remains the home of most of my friends and family. I have developed close relationships with players from the North and South sides. But I really looked forward to seeing Joe Nossek again. Sadly, because of his retirement as White Sox bench coach, I will miss that part of my homecoming.

Joe is like a father to me. He helped me through a lot of hard times. He was there for me as I mourned the loss of my friend, Mark Hindy, in the 9/11 attacks. As the team worked out the next week, we paused to observe the national moment of silence. Immediately after that, I lost control of my emotions and left the field. It was Joe who stood with me in the stairway to the clubhouse as I sobbed uncontrollably.

He has helped me through many frustrating times as a player. He encouraged me and pushed me to play the game with my head as well as my heart. He taught me that it's not the tough circumstances that matter in this game; it's how I react to them that counts. He promised me that if I stay positive and play the game the right way, I would land on my feet. I still believe that.

Joe, thanks for everything you've done for me. You've been a friend and mentor to me, and I trust the lessons that I have learned from you will guide me through my career. I know I speak for many players when I say that you will be missed sorely. I wish you all the best, and I hope our paths cross again soon."

Pretty nice of Josh.

There are many reasons I look forward to coming back to play in Chicago. It is still my favorite city ... in the summer. I grew up here, and it remains the home of most of my friends and family. I have developed close relationships with players from the North and South sides. But I really looked forward to seeing Joe Nossek again. Sadly, because of his retirement as White Sox bench coach, I will miss that part of my homecoming.

Joe is like a father to me. He helped me through a lot of hard times. He was there for me as I mourned the loss of my friend, Mark Hindy, in the 9/11 attacks. As the team worked out the next week, we paused to observe the national moment of silence. Immediately after that, I lost control of my emotions and left the field. It was Joe who stood with me in the stairway to the clubhouse as I sobbed uncontrollably.

He has helped me through many frustrating times as a player. He encouraged me and pushed me to play the game with my head as well as my heart. He taught me that it's not the tough circumstances that matter in this game; it's how I react to them that counts. He promised me that if I stay positive and play the game the right way, I would land on my feet. I still believe that.

Joe, thanks for everything you've done for me. You've been a friend and mentor to me, and I trust that the lessons I have learned from you will guide me through my career. I know I speak for many players when I say that you will be missed sorely. I wish you all the best, and I hope our paths cross again soon.

crybaby pussy There's no crying in baseball.

I always like Josh. I wsh he had about 2% more talent. He always sees to be getting 100% out of the talent he has. The difference between a major league player and bouncing around the minors is razor thin.