If Kerry is Elected . . .

Texsox

Any acts of terrorism in the US for his first 10 months in office will be the fault of George W. Bush.  I assume everyone who is blaming Clinton for 9/11 will agree with this statement.

Who's blaming ONLY Clinton? I blame them both, thought I still believe there was little that either could do to stop 9/11.

Who's blaming ONLY Clinton? I blame them both, thought I still believe there was little that either could do to stop 9/11.

I agree with you. I also blame the American public and every elected Federal official.

Any acts of terrorism in the US for his first 10 months in office will be the fault of George W. Bush.  I assume everyone who is blaming Clinton for 9/11 will agree with this statement.

When did everything get so black and white? Sure George Bush will be at least a big part of the blame. To say otherwise is narrowminded and shortsighted. Life doesn't exsist in a vaccuum.

When did everything get so black and white?  Sure George Bush will be at least a big part of the blame.  To say otherwise is narrowminded and shortsighted.  Life doesn't exsist in a vaccuum.

How long did it take W before he had any clue what was going on? 1 year? 2 years? 3 years? Does he have a clue now?

Why didn't he campaign on a promise that it would take him at least a year to read an intelligence report? Should he have asked Clinton to stay and explain in to him?

Why, 9 months after he took office, was he unable to be informed of these events? Did he fire everybody and start over?

We better change our constitution if every four years we are running blind for a year or two when Presidents change.

How long did it take W before he had any clue what was going on? 1 year? 2 years? 3 years? Does he have a clue now?

Why didn't he campaign on a promise that  it would take him at least a year to read an intelligence report? Should he have asked Clinton to stay and explain in to him?

Why, 9 months after he took office, was he unable to be informed of these events? Did he fire everybody and start over?

We better change our constitution if every four years we are running blind for a year or two when Presidents change.

How many intelligence reports do you think are sitting on the Presidents desk at anytime?

How many intelligence reports do you think are sitting on the Presidents desk at anytime?

with this president?

none

this is a man who prides himself on page and a half summaries of everything

I bet his desk is clean as a whistle

So we need to elect someone who can prioritize. I would hope that someone he brought in could have helped him.

with this president?

none

this is a man who prides himself on page and a half summaries of everything

I bet his desk is clean as a whistle

In general I would be willing to bet that there is an intellegence report out there for a terrorist attack of just about every type imaginable in, and on, the US. I would be almost positive that just about every single attack that could be done to the US has been plotted and planned by Al Qaida. Why wouldn't they. Their whole goal is to strike at the US, why would they limit their options? Think about it. What haven't they done?

Dirty bombs,

chemical weapons on a subway,

biological attacks in a busy city,

bombs in a busy port city,

attack a major bridge,

assassinate a political figure,

attack an oil/gas refinary,

take over a nuclear facility,

kidnap and torture American citizens,

terror on a Palestinian scale with suicide bombers terrorizing everyday targets,

Hell I am sure there are a million things I am not thinking of. And I would be willing to bet that there are detailed plans and intellegence on every single one of these, with tons of variations and locales mentioned. Anyone want to tell me which of our resources we should be putting to which problems and where exactly we should expect our next attack? Hell everyone is already screaming about budget deficits, while on the other hand trying to assess blame for not enough being done. How much more in taxes are you willing to pay to protect against all of these possibilities? Do we need more intellegence? Are you willing to pay for that, or should we allow our freedoms to be impeded to get the necesary info to stop attacks? Maybe we should keep running deficits to pay for all of this stuff?

I keep hearing people pick apart stuff, but I am hearing zero ideas. It is really easy to play the devils advocate and poke holes in theories, but I have seen nothing to show that people are actually thinking of anything constructive, instead of destructive.

Once again, life does not exsist in a vaccuum. You can't have things both ways.

I'll agree that some of the blame will fall on GWB. Only because of homeland security though. I believe that intelligence is back on the right path, overseas.

I'll also tell you right now that I can almost guarantee an attack shortly after Kerry is sworn into office, if that's the case. Kerry has been running his mouth and Al Queda will immediately test him. I'm no military planner, but this one just seems like common sense from Al Queda's vantage point.

Why didn't he campaign on a promise that  it would take him at least a year to read an intelligence report? Should he have asked Clinton to stay and explain in to him?

How long did it take the Senate to confirm half of Bush's appointees? The Dems wouldn't let most of them out of Committee.

Correct and well said for a quick post on a bulletin board.

Should we add enough military personnel to cover each and every one of these?

Should we fund every imaginable weapon that could stop every imaginable threat?

Should we detain every person we think is harboring evil thoughts against us?

Should we continue to defend our favorite of either Bush or Clinton and blame the other?

Should we bomb every corner of the globe until we feel safe?

Should we start (continue?) a campaign to assassinate anyone we feel may potentialy harm us? Both in the US and abroad?

Should we continue to defend our favorite of either Bush or Clinton and blame the other?

Should we start (continue?) a campaign to assassinate anyone we feel may potentialy harm us? Both in the US and abroad?

hmmm, imagine that. Ask a question and everyone runs away :huh:

I think it is pretty safe to say that the next terrorist attack will occur during the olympics, more than likley by november 17, although GW will blame it on al queda. Greece is way behind on its efforts to secure the games.

They are but we are providing a s***load of money and expertise to them to help out. I hope all that is enough.

Question 1: We dont have that many people.

Question 2: We dont have the money or the expertise to do that

Question 3: We'd have to lock up everyone who ever harbored ill will toward the government. That's a lot of folks. Try finding the ones who are actually capable of doing something and not full of hot air.

Question 4: Dont blindly defend Bush but give credit where credit is due.

Question 5: If we did that the world would be a smoking ash pit & that won't help will it? Use a combination of military force where needed and political pressure where force is impactical.

Question 6: If we did that we'd start WW3. Try knocking off those that are accessible and those that are not use political pressure ( we do ahve a lot of clout ya know).

Anything else?