Sweep good or bad?

greg775

Seems we were destined to finish .500.

Win one, lose one.

Maddening, but we're not nearly as bad as half the AL.

Even though this series meant nothing, don't you think the fact we got swept again shows we need help?

If I was GM I would sign Thome (great guy, great hitter) and I would sign two pitchers.

I know .... we have no money.

But if we added Thome and two GOOD pitchers we'd win the frickin World Series.

p.s. David Wells won 19 games.

Nice move keeping him, KW.

I respect both of you, two great Sox fans you are. RPS does have a point. The Yankees are about winning. You can hate them all you want but the organization is about winning from the owner down to the guys that sweep the stadium after the games. Ballplayers know this. They know that when they put on the pinstripes they are expected to perform at a certain level. They know that they have a real chance to WIN. That's why a guy like Wells will come to our spring camp in bad shape but when he signed with the Yanks he made sure he was off the sauce and in much better shape. Who can you blame for this? Our fearless owner of course, who cares about his investors and the bottom line more than anything. Carlton Fisk was quoted a few years back that JR makes the most money when the Sox are good but not too good. Don't forget the terms of his agreement with the State of Illinois. I believe it's not in his best interests to have attendance too high. You're right greg KW is a real jerkoff. An arrogant one too. It's just a bad situation for a team with really great and knowledgeable fans. I believe that most of the White Sox players know that if they had a championship team it would be a great experience. Kip Wells has said more than once that he's glad to be given a chance in Pitt, but it would have been great to be on a winner in Chi. Lots of guys feel that way. JR could be like a king on his throne if he really tried to bring a winner to Chi. I just don't get it.

Originally posted by greg775

Seems we were destined to finish .500.

Win one, lose one.

Maddening, but we're not nearly as bad as half the AL.

Even though this series meant nothing, don't you think the fact we got swept again shows we need help?

If I was GM I would sign Thome (great guy, great hitter) and I would sign two pitchers.

I know .... we have no money.

But if we added Thome and two GOOD pitchers we'd win the frickin World Series.

p.s. David Wells won 19 games.

Nice move keeping him, KW.

Where would you put Thome? I'm assuming your figuring that someone will pick up Thomas off the DSC if you acquire Thome and make him our DH. Or would you put Thome at 1B and make Konerko a full-time DH? Picking up Thome, I assume, is contingent on Frank not being with the White Sox next year..... correct?

not only that when we didnt bring him back his whole attidude changed everyone thought he was washed up and he didnt like that so he worked his ass off but if we brought him back he would not do has well. the yankess have that affect on players they play better when they are on there that team it seems