Bullard Chat

Heads22

How did you like this chat, and should we do more if possible?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How did you like this chat, and should we do more if possible?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I wasn't active, but I didn't like it at all. Then again, I am not into chat rooms. If it were a moderated Q & A session, ala BA's chats, I think it would be much better. But there were too many stupid things said that made no sense.

I'm sure Bull, didn't mind, but a high schoolish chatroom is not interesting to me.

I wasn't active, but I didn't like it at all.  Then again, I am not into chat rooms.  If it were a moderated Q & A session, ala BA's chats, I think it would be much better.  But there were too many stupid things said that made no sense.

I'm sure Bull, didn't mind, but a high schoolish chatroom is not interesting to me.

I agree with Rex totally, it needs to be set up in a manor in which the only questions viewed in the room are between the moderators and the player, people should be able to submit questions prior to the chat and have them answered or during the chat, but letting people have a free run at saying what they want is not a good idea in the future, especially as the chats grow bigger and the possibility of trolls coming into a chat room grow bigger.

I am definitely going to see about getting Borchard for a chat, but I will want these parameters set if he agrees to do it. I think that's only fair to the player and to the credibility of the site.

My only suggestion is that maybe we should submit questions ahead of time to have a more constructive chat.... Do that for say a half hour, then open it up to a free for all like it was...Which was fun in itself...

BMAC, expressed some interest in doing one. I think if bullards impression of the session was good, we'll have no problem getting others to do it in the future.

There IS a way to make it easier.

In IRC, there are modes for a channel. One is called "moderated", in which if you do not have a voice or higher, you cannot talk. I was thinking we could "moderate" the channel, give Bull or whoevers chatting a voice, some of the higher ups Voice or Operator, and Voice only a few people at a time so they can ask Bull questions.

Up to you guys though.

I did have a lot of fun though. It may have been a little harder for Bull because of the fast moving chat and trying to keep up with every question.

There IS a way to make it easier.

In IRC, there are modes for a channel. One is called "moderated", in which if you do not have a voice or higher, you cannot talk. I was thinking we could "moderate" the channel, give Bull or whoevers chatting a voice, some of the higher ups Voice or Operator, and Voice only a few people at a time so they can ask Bull questions.

Up to you guys though.

I did have a lot of fun though. It may have been a little harder for Bull because of the fast moving chat and trying to keep up with every question.

We'll get something set up before the next one...

I enjoyed the chat a lot. It was hard to keep up at times but I did as good as i could. A moderated chat would be easier for me for the simple fact that I could give more than one sentence answers and so that I dont miss a question, which I realized I missed a couple after reading the transcript. But all in all it was fun because it was like a real conversation with people asking the serious questions and others going off the wall and trying to throw me off. I like a little bit of chaos and Baj provided plenty of it. I would love to do another one if you guys ever want to. Thanks

JB

i think we just have to control ourselves. I was not able to get in but i read the transcript. As long as people ask and give him time to answer it would be fine. Like if people get out of hand and arent waiting, just warn them or 'mute' them or something like that. Im sure in the future we'll be able to "control" ourselves, lol ;)

I enjoyed the chat a lot.  It was hard to keep up at times but I did as good as i could.  A moderated chat would be easier for me for the simple fact that I could give more than one sentence answers and so that I dont miss a question, which I realized I missed a couple after reading the transcript.  But all in all it was fun because it was like a real conversation with people asking the serious questions and others going off the wall and trying to throw me off.  I like a little bit of chaos and Baj provided plenty of it.  I would love to do another one if you guys ever want to.  Thanks

JB

Bull I was not there, and I haven't read the transcript but I give you much props for stepping it up. That was a gutsy and a classy move to do something like that for this site, thanks for getting it done.

I'm sure more guys would be interested in doing chats, I know I wouldn't have a problem, but I think the best way to do it, would be to have people personal message their questions in over a certain period of time, and then we can answer them with the question copied in the text. Somewhat of a baseball america chat, and the player would get to choose which questions to answer. Just a thought.

I'm sure more guys would be interested in doing chats, I know I wouldn't have a problem, but I think the best way to do it, would be to have people personal message their questions in over a certain period of time, and then we can answer them with the question copied in the text. Somewhat of a baseball america chat, and the player would get to choose which questions to answer. Just a thought.

Very good call, and by the way how about Michael Clayton and the bunch! I was very pleased with how they pasted the Sooners.

All good suggestions guys. I think for a first chat, it went really well. I was more afraid of someone making an idiot out of us, and really people handled it pretty well.

I actually like the idea of having a half and half chat. The first 30 minutes being moderated questions about baseball that are taken in advance or sent to a few people to submit one by one to the chatee. Then we can open up the last 30 mintues or so for a more person type free for all. Now that would depend more on who is giving the chat and how they wanted to do it, but I do agree if there was a little more control over the rate of questions, we could get more quality answers.

Keep the suggestions coming, because I have no reason to think we won't do this again. Bmac and Baj sound like they should be willing to particpate. I am thinking a chat a month would be cool.

Yeah Michael Clayton and the boys were unreal this year. I sat six rows up and watched them smash the Soooners and the Heisman winner all over the field. Just wait til next year, they'll be even better. And if Baj comes on this board again, please feel free to let him know.

All good suggestions guys.  I think for a first chat, it went really well.  I was more afraid of someone making an idiot out of us, and really people handled it pretty well.

I actually like the idea of having a half and half chat.  The first 30 minutes being moderated questions about baseball that are taken in advance or sent to a few people to submit one by one to the chatee.  Then we can open up the last 30 mintues or so for a more person type free for all.  Now that would depend more on who is giving the chat and how they wanted to do it, but I do agree if there was a little more control over the rate of questions, we could get more quality answers.

Keep the suggestions coming, because I have no reason to think we won't do this again.  Bmac and Baj sound like they should be willing to particpate.  I am thinking a chat a month would be cool.

I think that'd be a great idea, more content but still some off the cuff interaction.

Yeah Michael Clayton and the boys were unreal this year. I sat six rows up and watched them smash the Soooners and the Heisman winner all over the field. Just wait til next year, they'll be even better. And if Baj comes on this board again, please feel free to let him know.

That must have been awesome. The Superdome sounded like it was going to explode on TV.

If it weren't for the stupid Gators they would have been undisputed, but a split isn't half bad, especially since they got the trophy.

But USC are the real national champs. It sucks that LSU and the Trojans didn't get to meet up. Both were fantastic teams. I had the idea of a split national title.

It would be like the American League winner and National league winner each getting a share of the world series. :puke