minor leaugers

philly

I think Brian Miller has as much upside as just about any pitcher in the organization. He has a very good fastball, mixed with a good changeup. He's still developing and needs to work on his delivery, but definately big time upside. Last I know he was still working on developing some secondary pitches, but the Sox have been working with him on that. I'd say this could be his break out year.

As far as Phillips goes, last year he came to Arizona out of shape and had to stay their for part of the season until he was in pitcher shape. Hopefully he learned his lesson from last year, because he has the ability to make the majors. He's compared to Buehrle more then any other pitcher I know of and there are some legit reasons for that. He usually has a good ERA, althoug his record has been awful in the minors (thats off the top of my head, so I could be wrong).

I think both are at least two years away from the majors, although Phillips is probably a little closer. Miller has by far more upside.

Miller is in my top 20, Phillips is in the top 30.

I think Brian Miller has as much upside as just about any pitcher in the organization.  He has a very good fastball, mixed with a good changeup.  He's still developing and needs to work on his delivery, but definately big time upside.  Last I know he was still working on developing some secondary pitches, but the Sox have been working with him on that.  I'd say this could be his break out year. 

As far as Phillips goes, last year he came to Arizona out of shape and had to stay their for part of the season until he was in pitcher shape.  Hopefully he learned his lesson from last year, because he has the ability to make the majors.  He's compared to Buehrle more then any other pitcher I know of and there are some legit reasons for that.  He usually has a good ERA, althoug his record has been awful in the minors (thats off the top of my head, so I could be wrong). 

I think both are at least two years away from the majors, although Phillips is probably a little closer.  Miller has by far more upside. 

Miller is in my top 20, Phillips is in the top 30.

i believe that phillips was hurt and that was why he stayed in AZ for a while longer...but im not sure

Come on guys, just come on out and ask what you think of US? :bringit

Ok Baj, but let me preffice by saying that I've never seen you actually pitch so this is an inquiry not a critique but with almost all the BP spots in Charlotte up for grabs why are you back in B'ham? What didn't you accomplish this spring to get you one of those spots? What do you need to do to be banging on Chicago's door? Is it simply #'s, results, or something else?

Or am I completely off base on all this and all you're saying is that Philly is Phillips and he's out trolling for kudos?

Either way I'd love to hear your self assessment of your spring and what your mindset is going into the season. One of the great things of having you guys post here is that we get an appreciation and some insight into what goes in to the making a major league ballplayer.