The OFFICIAL Opening Day GAME THREAD!

southsider2k5

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hrs and 30 minutes! LET'S GO!!! Maggs and Frank will destroy the KC pitching in this series. Maggs is close to be a .400 AVG hittes in the Kaufman Stadium. Frank just kills lefties! It's all in our hands. Let's hammer them! :headbang :stick

Guillen named Willie Harris his starting second baseman for today's game. As late as last week, Guillen had been leaning toward starting Juan Uribe at second because he hits left-handed pitchers better and Kansas City will start a southpaw today in Anderson.

No one was more excited about the news than Harris.

"Definitely, it's so exciting to be named the Opening Day starter," he said. "It's every kid's dream. All the hard work this offseason and spring paid off."

I wanted Uribe to start agst the LH, but let's see how Harris will handle. If he doesnt do well put Uribe on Wednesday.

Lineups almost set:

White Sox

Willie Harris 2B

Jose Valentin SS

Magglio Ordonez RF

Frank Thomas DH

Carlos Lee LF

Paul Konerko 1B

Joe Crede 3B

Aaron Rowand CF

Sandy Alomar Jr. C

Mark Buehrle P

Kansas City

Angel Berroa SS

Carlos Beltran CF

Mike Sweeney 1B

Juan Gonzalez RF

Joe Randa 3B

Ken Harvey DH

Benito Santiago C

Aaron Guiel LF

Desi Relaford 2B

Brian Anderson P

Well unfortuantely I won't be around to catch da play by play, day games aren't really the best timeframe for me. But lets hope the team shows KC up in their hometown.  :D

Wake up to see the score and go back to bed! It's opening day, real Sox fan should be here catching the PBP! :lol:

I'm gonna be sitting there with a cold beer in my hand watching the game.  No computer.  Just me, my beer and the Sox.  Though I may drop in to make a comment or two.

Beer...i'm getting jealous! I will be working... :angry: and when i will leave my work i think the game wont be finished, so i will have to wait to know the result.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I hope it is slow around here later.

EDIT: Here = work

As soon as I typed that two hot requests came through - I wish the plant would request drawings BEFORE making the parts, not when they are about to ship them. Oh wait, that would make too much sense. :nono

I wanted Uribe to start agst the LH, but let's see how Harris will handle. If he doesnt do well put Uribe on Wednesday.

Lineups almost set:

White Sox

Willie Harris 2B

Jose Valentin SS

Magglio Ordonez RF

Frank Thomas DH

Carlos Lee LF

Paul Konerko 1B

Joe Crede 3B

Aaron Rowand CF

Sandy Alomar Jr. C

Mark Buehrle P

Kansas City

Angel Berroa SS

Carlos Beltran CF

Mike Sweeney 1B

Juan Gonzalez RF

Joe Randa 3B

Ken Harvey DH

Benito Santiago C

Aaron Guiel LF

Desi Relaford 2B

Brian Anderson P

I'm glad to see Harris in the lineup. He was really coming on strong at the end of spring and can be more hazardous on the bases than Uribe. Of course he has to get on base first. Willie seems to be excited to be named opening day starter. Hopefully, it will help boost his confidence and get him going this year.

:bringit Royals

I'm glad to see Harris in the lineup. He was really coming on strong at the end of spring and can be more hazardous on the bases than Uribe. Of course he has to get on base first. Willie seems to be excited to be named opening day starter. Hopefully, it will help boost his confidence and get him going this year.

I think that's a good move on Ozzie's part.

The game appears to be on WGN which means I will head home from work at lunch, open a tall bottle of Stone Brewing Company's Arrogant Bastard Ale, kick back and watch the White Sox kick some ass.

I love opening day! :headbang  :cheers

Gotta love the Arrogant Bastard.

Wore my Sox jersey to work today, which just so happens to be 98% filled with Cub fans. The few, the proud I guess. :drink :fthecubs

Uribe will start Wednesday. Guillen didn't want Harris to go to Yankee stadium with taking that much time off from live pitching. Good logic to me, especially since he's been going well.

The game appears to be on WGN which means I will head home from work at lunch, open a tall bottle of Stone Brewing Company's Arrogant Bastard Ale, kick back and watch the White Sox kick some ass.

I love opening day! :headbang  :cheers

With Buerhle on the mound, you might be able to see the whole game during your lunch break, lol.