Koch...

CWSOX45

Crap I missed the last inning, the idiot I work with told me Koch blew it. The mods can delete this thread please. There's going to be enough ranting and raving anyways we don't need this one.

CWSOX45

SORRY :stick

Koch actually touched 95-96 mph today. I'm not disappointed about his performance even with that double from Santiago. I questioned Ozzie's decision on why he didn't leave Koch in to face Staris. But we would had questioned his decision on why he didn't use Marte, so it's a fair decision. The only thing Ozzie messed up on is leaving Pollite in at the bottom of the 9th. But it was just a bad day for our bullpen.

Koch looked pretty stinking solid in my book. His velocity was better then I expected and he had good control. He threw one fat pitch in the two batters he faced and it happened to be ripped for a double.

I'm actually a lot more confident in him then I have been. Marte looked absolutely flat so I hope he gets healthy.

Koch looked pretty stinking solid in my book.  His velocity was better then I expected and he had good control.  He threw one fat pitch in the two batters he faced and it happened to be ripped for a double. 

I'm actually a lot more confident in him then I have been.  Marte looked absolutely flat so I hope he gets healthy.

You are correct, Koch did have velocity, touched 97 mph... ABSOLUTELY NO LOCATION though. The K was luck.. When he tried for velocity, he lost location. :nono

I'd rather see him hit 96-97 with no control then 92 right down the middle.

He was just letting it loose out there. Throwing his hardest. You won't have (much) control that way, but he's nothing without it. I wanted to see him do that all last year.

He's still not worth $6 mill, but he'll put up better numbers then the 5.77 ERA he did last year. Maybe he'll be Antonio Osuna part deux.

I saw at least a few times him throw about 95 and he looked pretty fluid, it didn't look like he was over throwing. However on the double, he was definately over throwing.

I loved the strikeout pitch, that was nasty, looked like a cutter, but DJ said it was an offspeed pitch.

Looked like the same ol Billy Botch to me. This game was like a damn re-run of last years opening day.... :headshake  :banghead  :stick  :huh

CWSOX45

Unfoulkenbelievable! I despised that trade the second he made it.

Though I thought Billy looked better today than he did last year.

Koch looked pretty stinking solid in my book.  His velocity was better then I expected and he had good control.  He threw one fat pitch in the two batters he faced and it happened to be ripped for a double. 

I'm actually a lot more confident in him then I have been.  Marte looked absolutely flat so I hope he gets healthy.

Koch looked pretty good. Velocity was up there a bit more and he didn't get a close pitch. Marte on the other hand was flatter than a pancake.

I agree with the others that said that this game wasn't koch's fault.  He looked pretty solid, gave up one double, that's it.  I'm going to wait before I flip out on billy.

Nah to me it sounds like Marte pretty much is the guy who let us down. You can't expect your top guy to give up 2 HRs in the 9th. You have to go to him, what else do you do?

The only thing I think Oz did wrong today was pulling Koch.

Not because of what happened, but because all we heard in Spring Training was "Koch is my closer". ONE inherited runner scores and he yanks him.

NOT good.

Let him blow ONE game at least before you second-guess him.

It's one thing that Kock may look good, but it's another thing to put performances on the board. He needs to hav a real good 1st month to get his confidence up, but Marte missed a real big chance today to put an impression on Ozzie.