Apu is a .............

GeorgeBush

Why do u hate GB, Sideshowapu?

Read the Francis Boyle documents from counterpunch.org that I linked to in another thread. Count in the fact that he was appointed to the Presidency despite losing the popular vote in FL. Count in that he is a chickenhawk who went AWOL from the Texas Air National Guard during the Vietnam "police action" while other men were coming home in body bags. Count in the fact that he and Ashcroft are actively attempting to make a police state after 9/11 with the passing of the USA Patriot Act (even lots of conservatives agree on this point). Count in the fact that Bush got into Harvard and Yale with a C average because his family lineage (and money) got him in over more qualified students. Count in the fact that the man says words like "subliminable" multiple times in an interview. Count in the fact that he's done more cocaine and booze than lots of people on the planet. Count in the fact that he's trying to perpetuate an illegal war right now with Iraq.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Clinton nearly as much if not moreso, but at least Clinton wasn't so blatantly obvious about f***ing the people over. Clinton was one of the greatest Republican presidents ever (polital party affiliation was a Democrat but with his actions, he was nearly Reagan Republican). He was a huge corporate whore, he had a running mate who's wife worked with the Phyllis Schlafly and the Eagle Forum. His running mate's wife heads up the PRMC (the group we can thank for the parental advisory labels on albums now) and she has also had close work with other members of the way out there Christian right like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell. Clinton passed NAFTA which has seen hundreds of thousands of U.S. jobs go to Mexico. NAFTA has caused the average wage in Mexico to decrease 20% and caused massive unemployment here. NAFTA has weakened unions because if they threaten with a strike, over 60% of corporations said they would threaten with moving the plant to Mexico. Not to mention Clinton was pro-IMF and pro-WTO (International Monetary Fund and World Trade Organization) which have caused 3rd world debt to drastically increase because the countries cannot pay the interest off on these loans. Clinton authorized the sickening bombings of Serbian civilians on trains, the Chinese Embassy, and other innocents in the Yugoslavia bombings of 1999. The reason I didn't speak out about it? I was not that well versed in how much political corruption there was until my junior year of high school when I started reading on my own (in 2000).

George W Bush can be summed up in a quote from Adlai Stevenson "Anybody can run for President. That's one of the chances you take."

No offense apu, but Clinton was a liar and his scandals embarrassed the American presidency. I know you said you hate him too but what he did has caused me to overlook his success and point out the sole fact that embarrassed the country.

But then again, I have a Danish exchange student who says everybody in Denmark loved Clinton...

No offense apu, but Clinton was a liar and his scandals embarrassed the American presidency. I know you said you hate him too but what he did has caused me to overlook his success and point out the sole fact that embarrassed the country.

But then again, I have a Danish exchange student who says everybody in Denmark loved Clinton...

In US History class today, our teacher said that in Kosovo they are naming streets after Clinton.

In US History class today, our teacher said that in Kosovo they are naming streets after Clinton.

similiar to what soviet republics did for reagan...fact is regaurdless of what the rest of the pussies in the world like france , a country that lost a war to greenpeace, think, and the pussies here at home, the people caught under saddam's reign of terror will praise bush and america once we liberate them...

it f***in irks the hell out of me that these liberal pukes here at home were one hundred percent behind that scumbag clinton when he went after milosevic...but now that a republican is in office anything he wants to do is opposed purely on political reasons..

if you oppose war fine...and you opposed clinton then you have a right to speak...but if you wernt running you peace lovin mouth when clinton was bombing 5 countries on 3 different continents in a 10 month period then shut the f*** up now...and i dont remember hearing a peep from liberal left when it came to clinton and war....didnt see martin sheen or john cusack or any of your other hollywierd liberal two faced backstabbing f***s that the liberal left is so aligned with now signing anti-war petitions against billy boy...you put politics aside when US troops go to battle...bunch of hypocrites..all of them...

if you oppose war fine...and you opposed clinton then you have a right to speak...but if you wernt running you peace lovin mouth when clinton was bombing 5 countries on 3 different continents in a 10 month period then shut the f*** up now...and i dont remember hearing a peep from liberal left when it came to clinton and war....didnt see martin sheen or john cusack or any of your other hollywierd liberal two faced backstabbing f***s that the liberal left is so aligned with now signing anti-war petitions against billy boy...you put politics aside when US troops go to battle...bunch of hypocrites..all of them...

No bags,

if you are an American you have the right to speak.

if you vote you have the integrity to speak.

If you this this administration lurches around from half-formed idea to half-baked plan, you have an obligation to speak.

Your charge of hypocrasy regarding Democrats is without validity but I don't suppose that you were privy to the debate that went on within the party or within the peace camp. No more than I know of the internal discussions that go on in the GOP or the right wing radio circuit. That being said, I trusted Clinton far, far, far more than I do the current administration on proper use of force. The idiocy of naming North Korea as an axis of terror and do nothing when they announce their nuclear desisgns while we prepare to wage war on Iraq, a secular state that has had nothing to do with bin laden and his religious fantacism - but Iraq is daddy's war, isn't it - and since the cowboy has failed miserably on his quote to get bin laden dead or alive (how would you have mocked, say, Gore if he had said that and failed to deliver? The word "incompetent" would be dripping from your lips...) we need a diversion.

"boy...you put politics aside when US troops go to battle...bunch of hypocrites..all of them..." That was never done when Clinton was president so don't fling that bulls*** now. Your own post attacks Clinton for the use of power. Wag the Dog was all we heard when Clinton went after bin Laden.

If the Republicans had been concerned as with what was going on in the world as they were with partisan obstructionism, obsessing about blow jobs, and cheap shots at our president, history may well have been different. Where was the support for Commander in Chief Clinton? No where. So do not ask for what you did not give.

So Bush reaps what he sowed. His own inattnetion to terrorism because it was Clinton's warning on bin Laden that was turned over on 20 January 2001, or the Al Queda briefing came up the day Bush was more concerned about Enron - so what has he given us?

Wag the Dog with his daddy's war rather than go after bin laden -

color coded days - oh I am sure that has terrorists shaking in the boots -

and being the biggest god damned pansy woos ass of all. A real president would say, hey, we have this problem we have to address - iut will cost money - we have to pay for it - if you want to fight terorism you have to pay for the fgight against terrorism -

no, instead we get the destruction of the American economy from surplus to tremendous deficits, what was the last estimate, $330 billion one year deficit WITHOUT the costs of any war and WITHOUT the leave no rich person behind tax cut proposals pf Bush -

A real president would give us the fast and the costs and set us on a course of action. This one wants guns and butter and lies and smoke and mirrors and big talk words on which he never delievers while he wrecks the American economy.

So thanks to JoeyBatters for his attack threads that lead to people attacking each other in here.

we can keep arguing in here and build walls between friends or get on with the business of being Sox fans.

(but if you want to call me a hypocrite to my face, and see the end of a friendship that has be meaningful to me, do it - I don't want it, and I hate the overblown rhetoric of "hypocrite" etc because, you talking to me? Put faces on the people you are angry with. I look upon you as very good friend and I want to keep it that way.

I had a long post prepared but figured why bother? On the one hand people are so polarized these days you'll only get an "amen brother" from those that agree with you and "you're full of s*** you asshole" from those that don't. Let me just say that the debate in this country has degenerated to this point.

Liberal= gutless, godless, immoral commie creep.

Conservative= racist, sexist, homophobic knuckle dragging neanderthal

Both stereotypes prevent any kind of real debate. By the way, I wish they would teach debate in high school and college again. Anyway, before I sign off and go back to my beloved Sumo Wrestling I hope everyone takes a deep breath. The economy is in the tank and it looks like war is inevitable. People are jittery.

I had a long post prepared but figured why bother? On the one hand people are so polarized these days you'll only get an "amen brother" from those that agree with you and "you're full of s*** you asshole" from those that don't. Let me just say that the debate in this country has degenerated to this point.

Liberal= gutless, godless, immoral commie creep.

Conservative= racist, sexist, homophobic knuckle dragging neanderthal

Both stereotypes prevent any kind of real debate. By the way, I wish they would teach  debate in high school and college again. Anyway, before I sign off and go back to my beloved Sumo Wrestling I hope everyone takes a deep breath. The economy is in the tank and it looks like war is inevitable. People are jittery.

It is hard to debate over online sources.

If one says (I don't want to name names) says "Kick some raghead ass brother!", one can discern that the person is somewhat of a racist.

And on the previous claims about Milosevic....yes, killing the innocent Serbs was wrong & bombing the Chinese Embassy was wrong as well but it wasn't only a US led attack. It was NATO, not a pre-emptive unilateral US strike which our president is currently planning on. Yes, the loss of life in the Yugoslav bombing campaign was absolutely horrid....but at least Clinton planned a legal war instead of an illegal one like the current regime. That is why the Bush war is doubly sickening.

No bags,

if you are an American you have the right to speak.

if you vote you have the integrity to speak.

If you this this administration lurches around from half-formed idea to half-baked plan, you have an obligation to speak.

Your charge of hypocrasy regarding Democrats is without validity but I don't suppose that you were privy to the debate that went on within the party or within the peace camp. No more than I know of the internal discussions that go on in the GOP or the right wing radio circuit. That being said, I trusted Clinton far, far, far more than I do the current administration on proper use of force. The idiocy of naming North Korea as an axis of terror and do nothing when they announce their nuclear desisgns while we prepare to wage war on Iraq, a secular state that has had nothing to do with bin laden and his religious fantacism - but Iraq is daddy's war, isn't it - and since the cowboy has failed miserably on his quote to get bin laden dead or alive (how would you have mocked, say, Gore if he had said that and failed to deliver? The word "incompetent" would be dripping from your lips...) we need a diversion.

"boy...you put politics aside when US troops go to battle...bunch of hypocrites..all of them..." That was never done when Clinton was president so don't fling that bulls*** now. Your own post attacks Clinton for the use of power. Wag the Dog was all we heard when Clinton went after bin Laden.

If the Republicans had been concerned as with what was going on in the world as they were with partisan obstructionism, obsessing about blow jobs, and cheap shots at our president, history may well have been different. Where was the support for Commander in Chief Clinton? No where. So do not ask for what you did not give.

So Bush reaps what he sowed. His own inattnetion to terrorism because it was Clinton's warning on bin Laden that was turned over on 20 January 2001, or the Al Queda briefing came up the day Bush was more concerned about Enron - so what has he given us?

Wag the Dog with his daddy's war rather than go after bin laden -

color coded days - oh I am sure that has terrorists shaking in the boots -

and being the biggest god damned pansy woos ass of all. A real president would say, hey, we have this problem we have to address - iut will cost money - we have to pay for it - if you want to fight terorism you have to pay for the fgight against terrorism -

no, instead we get the destruction of the American economy from surplus to tremendous deficits, what was the last estimate, $330 billion one year deficit WITHOUT the costs of any war and WITHOUT the leave no rich person behind tax cut proposals pf Bush -

A real president would give us the fast and the costs and set us on a course of action. This one wants guns and butter and lies and smoke and mirrors and big talk words on which he never delievers while he wrecks the American economy.

So thanks to JoeyBatters for his attack threads that lead to people attacking each other in here.

we can keep arguing in here and build walls between friends or get on with the business of being Sox fans.

(but if you want to call me a hypocrite to my face, and see the end of a friendship that has be meaningful to me, do it - I don't want it, and I hate the overblown rhetoric of "hypocrite" etc because, you talking to me? Put faces on the people you are angry with. I look upon you as very good friend and I want to keep it that way.

all im asking is where were all these liberal protestors when clinton was going a bombing barrage???...if you back clinton's action when he bombed 5 different countries in less than a year you surely cant claim conscientous objector status now??...is that a fair statement..???..you say americans have a right to speak...your damn right they do..but where were all these same americans when clinton was bombing everything that moved???..how come no one was speaking then...you lose credibility when the only time you prostest is when its convienent politcally...

by "you" i dont necessarily mean you individually..just anyone who didnt voice the same concerns then that they voice now..

btw...while i had some doubts as to clinton's motives...i never questioned kosovo because the ends justified the means...but i do wonder if monica blewinskey never happened just what would have been our involvement in kosovo???..it is a real strange coincidence that when bill was having the most tumultous time in his adminstration it was also the time bombs were a flyin world wide......guess we will never know...when did clinton go after bin laden???...i remember one air strike in the mountains of afgahastan???was that it??..there was so much s*** going on back then i cant keep the bombings straight :)

privy to debates that went on in the party or peace camps???...if these things did happen why were they kept private???...im not sure i follow you here..im talking about protesting from the liberal left thats been very loud for all to see...a lot are saying all war is wrong...conscientous objector..ect..im saying i dont remember any of this under clinton when he waged war...its become all too political...it reminds me of all the women's rights group that screamed bloody murder during clarence thomas and bob packwood...saying stuff like a woman could never lie about rape because its too painful,,,but when clinton is accused of rape the same groups come out and say the woman is lying...thats the point im trying to get accross....there is no consistency here...it all depends on which party is engaging in battle as to whether its right or wrong...

If one says (I don't want to name names) says "Kick some raghead ass brother!", one can discern that the person is somewhat of a racist.

curious...if saying "raghead " makes one a racist would it be safe to assume john mccain is a racist too??...or jesse jackson??...or shaq???...charles barkley???oh wait..barkely is a "conservative" republican that automatically makes him a racist...

where does robert byrd fall into this..is he a racist???..you know "the moral compass" of the democratic party as quoted by one bill clinton...

curious...if saying "raghead " makes one a racist would it be safe to assume john mccain is a racist too??...or jesse jackson??...or shaq???...charles barkley???oh wait..barkely is a "conservative" republican that automatically makes him a racist...

where does robert byrd fall into this..is he a racist???..you know "the moral compass" of the democratic party as quoted by one bill clinton...

I never said I was a Democrat. :)

John McCain is out of his f***ing mind. After giving a speech likening himself to Luke Skywalker fighting in the Death Star, I saw him to be a f***ing lunatic.

And Baggs, even if Bill Clinton got his cock sucked in office and lowered the nation's morality....I don't see how that exonerates people from guilt for using racist rhetoric. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Please don't even mention Jesse Jackson.

I'm so sick of so much crap I always hear on the radio. The latest issue is how the Lions are going to get fined because they didn't interview candidates for the position and simply hired Mariucci.

First off, the Lions went after and wanted to interview several minority coaches, but the black coaches association (i think thats the name) told them not to go. How can you blame the Lions for that. Oh ya, let me say anyone who didn't go was an idiot, because they seem to forget the experience they would get from going to an interview and being thought of as a head coaching candidate.

Also, owners all discuss things, and often they will say, hey, this guy gave an awesome interview and we would of hired him had we not intended to bring in Steve Mariucci. Secondly, the guy UCLA hired as their head coach was never expected to be hired as their head coach (They were going to hire the guy from Washington State), but instead he had such an impressive interview that they hired him.

Whether your a minority coach or an white coach assistant it wouldn't matter, if someone is offering you an interview as a head coach and you want to be one, then you better go out and interview. Also, the NFL needs to mind there own damn business. It was obvious that they fired Morninweg soley to hire Mariucci, so why can't they just simply hire the man they want.

I never said I was a Democrat. :)

John McCain is out of his f***ing mind. After giving a speech likening himself to Luke Skywalker fighting in the Death Star, I saw him to be a f***ing lunatic.

And Baggs, even if Bill Clinton got his cock sucked in office and lowered the nation's morality....I don't see how that exonerates people from guilt for using racist rhetoric. Two wrongs don't make a right.

my message to nuke was something you'd never understand...being youre a pacifist and all...he is actually over there getting ready to risk his life for this country...maybe you should just let that one slide...cause thats something youre not willing to do...

I don't feel a need to die for a country when they are asking me to fight a pre-emptive unilateral war that breaks international law.

I don't see the need or want to put people out to die, especially in a war like the one that will be fought in Iraq.

I respect your choice that you wanted to serve. I respect Nuke's choice. A close childhood friend of mine is in Saudi Arabia with his girlfriend right now serving as well. I'd hate to have to go to funerals for bulls***. Especially when our president is a chickenhawk. A f***ing "pussy" (to use your language) while people were serving in Vietnam....Mr. Bush was guarding the highly contested borders of Texas in the Texas Air National Guard. He then went AWOL for over a year and when he got back, refused to take a physical & was thusly dismissed. During his campaign he said that he was dismissed because the type of plane he flew was retired. Or take Dick Cheney who said he had "better things to do" on his exemption form from Vietnam. Or Rush Limbaugh and his anal cysts which got him out of serving in war.

So, if you are going to be pissed at me for not serving my country....how about being pissed at your President and Vice President for being chickenhawks who didn't serve their country and were unwilling to die as well?

I don't feel a need to die for a country when they are asking me to fight a pre-emptive unilateral war that breaks international law.

I don't see the need or want to put people out to die, especially in a war like the one that will be fought in Iraq. 

I respect your choice that you wanted to serve.  I respect Nuke's choice.  A close childhood friend of mine is in Saudi Arabia with his girlfriend right now serving as well.  I'd hate to have to go to funerals for bulls***.  Especially when our president is a chickenhawk.  A f***ing "pussy" (to use your language) while people were serving in Vietnam....Mr. Bush was guarding the highly contested borders of Texas in the Texas Air National Guard.  He then went AWOL for over a year and when he got back, refused to take a physical & was thusly dismissed.  During his campaign he said that he was dismissed because the type of plane he flew was retired.  Or take Dick Cheney who said he had "better things to do" on his exemption form from Vietnam.  Or Rush Limbaugh and his anal cysts which got him out of serving in war.

So, if you are going to be pissed at me for not serving my country....how about being pissed at your President and Vice President for being chickenhawks who didn't serve their country and were unwilling to die as well?

i am not pissed at you for not serving...there is no draft or any requirement of voluntary service to this country...so you are well within your rights...i am pissed at you for calling me a racist when i was sending a message to one who is now getting ready to put his life on the line..from one who did the same thing years earlier...the people i was calling 'ragheads' are people that are going to be firing bullets at the heads of nuke and his buddies...you obviously didnt get the jist of my message so calling me a racist was a real stretch...

the word racist is thrown around way too much these days..a racist is some who hates a group of people bases on ethnicticity so much that he/she would do everything in their power to ensure these people's civil rights were abused..would take away their freedoms including the opportunity to gain financial independance...

refusing to hire someone based on skin color is racist...physical harm to somebody based on the same is racist...calling a small group of iraqi's "ragheads" because they will be engaging in war against us is not racist...intolerant is probably a better choice of words..and yes im intolerant of anyone wanting to kill american soldiers...whether you feel we are justified to be there or not...

O.K. I'll bite on the change of subject Jason. Those coaches didn't need to waste their time because there was not any chance that they were going to get the job and it would be very insulting to be asked simply because they had to interview them and less on their merrits(they likely were candidates anyways). The concept that confuses me is that this group seeks more black coaches correct? What good does it do for The Lewis' or some other black coach to leave his job to be the coach of the Lions. If they want more minorities interviewed they should look outside those already in the league. The only job you can be fired from 5 times and still be rehired to do the same job is as a pro coach. Not really a point here, just trying to divert attention back to some kind of sports. :huh:

Maybe it is time for the aliens that killed off the dinosaurs and put us all here to come back down and remove the earth from it's axis so it goes flying into the sun and disintegrates. It doesn't look like the experiment is working so well.