How good is Carlos Lee

WSoxShuf

All I can say is they've finally found him a position (catcher) after working with him extensively in rookie ball and extended spring.

He is, supposedly, quite good with the stick ala his older brother. Up until middle of last year he was a man without a position. They had him at 3B, in the outfield, and who knows where else. He's a big kid, like the "other" Carlos, and they felt he was durable to play behind the plate.

Time will tell, but there's always room for a serviceable catcher who can hit.

By the way, I am the absolute furthest thing from a guru :lol: but I do like to follow the White Sox minor leaguers and particularly enjoy learning about them at spring training in Tucson.

None of us are gurus, we just follow it fairly close. Carlos's brother has been around for about 3 years and has not progressed much. I doubt he makes it.

just needs to find his position - if catcher doesn't pan out -- shortstop? Can he make any more errors than the incumbent?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He has good offensive potential, but is very much a work in project. I think he has a shot, soley because a good hitting catcher can go a far way. I do think Charles Lisk is the best pro prospect behind the plate the Sox have and I don't excactly think super high of him.

Chris Stewart is likely the most thought of prospect at C, due to his Defense. Lisk is not much on D, he can hit, but has to prove it above Rookie League. Lee has had discipline problems, defensive problems and is not that good on offense. I think he will not make AA.

just needs to find his position - if catcher doesn't pan out -- shortstop? Can he make any more errors than the incumbent?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hey, you want to take pot shots at Jose, do it on other board. The guy played amazing D last year and has much more range than most SS's in baseball. We know you do not like him already. Enough is enough.

Hey, you want to take pot shots at Jose, do it on other board. The guy played amazing D last year and has much more range than most SS's in baseball. We know you do not like him already. Enough is enough.

Someone has a thing for our stonehand shortstop :rolleyes:

CW, just keep on ripping...Jose embarrassed himself and the team at Yankee stadium, the s***head deserves to be scrutinized.

I have faith he's going to make it big

as an insurance agent or dj.

Although there will probably be an opening for a catcher on the southside after this season. I see this as Alomar's final year.

I think Carlos is kinda overrated personally  :huh

Well, if there was a year that he was overrated, it would be this one. Considering most magazines had Carlos 5-10 spots ahead of Mags in the OF rankings, I just took it as a compliment for someone finally noticing Carlos being a good ballplayer.

But, he still doesnt get any respect nationally, therefore, he's not overrated.