4/19 games

MnSoxFan

Charlotte wins 8-6, grand slam for Nelson, homers also for Burke and Valenzuela, 3 hits for Reed. Can we close the book on Borchard yet??

Diaz 5 innings 5 earned runs, 2 nice innings for Wylie, save for Santiago, looks like Majewski let his closer chances fly out the window.

http://milb.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnfor...px?GAMEID=14809

I saw Majewski in spring training, a game against the A's. Sox were winning by about 5 runs going into the 9th and Majewski just could not throw the ball over the plate. Guillen had to pull him out and let someone else get the job done ... if I remember correctly, the Sox held on to win 6-5, the bases were left loaded.

Seems he hasn't harnessed his control for Charlotte either. In a way, I'm glad to see Santiago getting the chance because they Sox must have seen something in him they liked. He had a mediocre spring but may be able to help in case of injuries.

As for Borchard ... yikes, .170, that is not good, even though it's very very early. The only good news, he only struck out once in five AB's :bang .

What would be the over/under on Reed's arrival in Chicago? Another 3 hits today.

Not sure why everyone says Borchard has it all, he is not fast, he does not have a real good arm, both categories are ok. He just has a slow bat and nothing is going to cure that. He may be a decent OF in majors someday, but doubt he is ever a starter, he cannot hit RH. THe list goes on and on, we just had our dreams I guess. I was not enthused after seeing him last ST (in Tucson 2003).