..thoughts on Paulie...

DaSoxRox

here are both glaus and konerko's 162 game averages

glaus...33D..35Homers...101rbi..10/14 in sb's...253 avg..359 obp..854 ops

pauli....32D..27Homers.....99rbi..1/0 in sb's.......287 avg..348 obp..831 ops

pretty similiar numbers...glaus hits more homers..konerko a lot more singles...glaus being a 3rd baseman helps in his status but the fact is if we traded paulie for him glaus would have to play first anyways...glaus' numbers are a little better but last year glaus tailed off while each of the last 3 years konerko has shown improvement...

for those in favor of this trade the big thing is glaus has hit close to 50 homers before...they are banking on him doing that again...interesting idea..not sure what id do

I think that Glaus is the most talented off all the 3rd basemans in the majors right now. He has a huge build, good speed, a good eye, but does tend to strikeout a good amount. Glaus does have unbelievable raw power and has the ability to hit for a much higher average. Last season in the playoffs he finally started going the other way and once he learns that he will be unbelievable.

This guy could easily hit 50 homers a couple years in a row. He's unbelieavably strong and has an uppercut swing, meant for the long ball. Konerko is great too, don't get me wrong. I think Glaus and him are the same age and I do value 3rd baseman more then 1st baseman.

Just a random thought cause we got a guy at 3rd that can be pretty damn good himself in Joe Crede.

When you say that Glaus is the most talented third basemen, does that mean that you'd rather have him than Rolen or Pujols (wow, those guys are on the same team)?  I would definitely rather have Pujols, and I'm pretty sure I'd rather have Rolen, because he is an excellent fielder.

Those are the only other two that i'd consider, but ya, I do seriously think I'd take him over Rolen because Rolen has health issues when it comes to his back.

Pujols is great though, so I don't know about that.

here are both glaus and konerko's 162 game averages

glaus...33D..35Homers...101rbi..10/14 in sb's...253 avg..359 obp..854 ops

pauli....32D..27Homers.....99rbi..1/0 in sb's.......287 avg..348 obp..831 ops

pretty similiar numbers...glaus hits more homers..konerko a lot more singles...glaus being a 3rd baseman helps in his status but the fact is if we traded paulie for him glaus would have to play first anyways...glaus' numbers are a little better but last year glaus tailed off while each of the last 3 years konerko has shown improvement...

for those in favor of this trade the big thing is glaus has hit close to 50 homers before...they are banking on him doing that again...interesting idea..not sure what id do

The fact that he is a 3B and has shown the capability to put up those 40+ homer years is why I'd make the trade. He's similar to PK, yes, but he has more value, even if we would have to play him at 1B.

I would definitely not take Nevin over Glaus.  As for Eric Chavez, I think I would take him, because he, like Rolen, is great with the leather.  But most of all, he swings it from the left side.

chavez to me is the young third baseman i would want..that kid is just scratching the surface...he could hit 60 someday..you dont bounce a ball off the concourse wall at comiskey, oops at the cell w/o having tremendous power...

Oh man please dont compare konerko with glaus. Glaus was PITIFUL last year, and he did not deserve the ws mvp last year (instead, i think it shoulda gone to speezio) but if i remeber correctly, everytime the angels had one of their unstopable rallies, glaus was always the one that came out and just plain old struck out. every time. and in the regular season, he was always like that too in crucial situations and he was DEFINITELY  NOT the same dependable guy that he used to be. now if konerko turns out like that this season, it will absolutely break my heart.  :(

Atleast 1 person understands what I was trying to say.

Yes, that is exactly what I was trying to say...Konerko could be pitiful this year. He could end rallies and strike out in big situations....Glaus's failure didn't keep Anaheim from winnin 99 games though.

Do you have some kind of grudge against Glaus? He deserved MVP....he hit the double that cleared the bases in game 6 that put the Angels on top for good....he won the series for them. Spiezio was clutch and played a good series....but Glaus deserved that award twice as much as the guy who would have gotten second place.

I believe Glaus hit like .240 30 75 this year or something to the extent....a similar year for Konerko would be .260 18 75 or so. He would be regressing instead of progressing....it doesn't mean that he will be ruined for his career....just looking at his second half stats and thinking something like this could happen.

It could also happen to Maggs....Glaus won the Big League Challenge last year....Maggs won it this year....that's a possibility as well.

Frank was bitter last season about many things, and you saw how that affected his game; he even sat out of the lineup for about a week. I think he knows as long as he is on the White Sox that he will be a DH. Konerko is the 1st Baseman for the White Sox and that isn't going to change for awhile. I don't think Konerko should get cocky about anything, because right now, Magglio is the leader of this team, offensively that is. I think as long as Paul and Frank know their positions, and where they stand in the line-up, there should be no confrentations.