..thoughts on Paulie...

DaSoxRox

Konerko on the Upswing

I dont know..just finished reading the times article and I can't help but wonder how long it will take before Paulie and Frank have it out....it may start out as something quite minor....a missed plane or a ground ball not run out as hard as it should have been, but my guess is that PK is starting to feel that he is falling into a role as a sort of captain of the ship and it will be interesting to see if that attitude increases this year and...conversely, how Frank handles it....ie: potential criticism... who knows, it might be a whole bunch of little things starting in st, but I am one that will not be suprised if it ends up spilling out into the public eye.....i guess that alot will depend on how well a year they are having and how the team is performing...

..and I know alot of people are thinking that Frank will be the perfect teamate this year because of his contract situation, but sometimes people speak before they actually use their brain and Frank has been known to suffer from that ailment in times past....

stay tuned on this one folks....

Konerko on the Upswing

I dont know..just finished reading the times article and I can't help but wonder how long it will take before Paulie and Frank have it out....it may start out as something quite minor....a missed plane or a ground ball not run out as hard as it should have been, but my guess is that PK is starting to feel that he is falling into a role as a sort of captain of the ship and it will be interesting to see if that attitude increases this year and...conversely, how Frank handles it....ie: potential criticism... who knows, it might be a whole bunch of little things starting in st, but I am one that will not be suprised if it ends up spilling out into the public eye.....i guess that alot will depend on how well a year they are having and how the team is performing...

..and I know alot of people are thinking that Frank will be the perfect teamate this year because of his contract situation, but sometimes people speak before they actually use their brain and Frank has been known to suffer from that ailment in times past....

stay tuned on this one folks....

i dont see a problem..frank will do his job and paulie will do his...if frank returns to his '00 form everyone of those kids in the dugout will be in awe of him and what he is accomplishing....frank will get his role back as the team leader..and rightfully so...

I think both Frank and Konerko have learned a lot the past couple years in Chicago. Paulie called out Frank this past year and I think he learned that he should keep things private. Frank's learned that the media rips whatever he says so he's given up talking to him. He also seems to be growing more as a person. I think they can definately get along.

Its good to know this team has people wanting to be the leaders.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i dont see frank and paulie having any problems.........the only problem i see paulie having is getting tagged out alot if he cant pick up a bit more speed ....other than that it should be a great season watching those two share 1st base duties............ :D

i dont see frank and paulie having any problems.........the only problem i see paulie having is getting tagged out alot if he cant pick up a bit more speed ....other than that it should be a great season watching those two share 1st base duties............ :D

Don't you love it when Wheels gets an infield hit. I'll never forget his inside the park homer in Tampa. Man was that great. PK should get a shirt that says, "World's Fastest Man"

if [PK] cant pick up a bit more speed

and if we all clap our hands Tinkerbelle will live

the only speed that PK will have have is either a DVD of the Keanu Reeves movie or something he buys on the street and hopefully not from the same dealer who sells to the Dude you're getting a Dell kid

I don't feel I'm biased at all here, ahem...

but Frank has been getting harsh treatment his whole carreer

and Frank if your reading this I love you and its only cause we care :D

but I just think that the guy is not a talker, and doesn't need to be. He goes out and works his ass off and it obviously shows by his 2 MVP awards. Unless he sold em like O.J. Simpson. anyways I love Frank he's my hero and a really nice guy if you attend Sox Photo Fest. Ahem Ahem Kenny Lofton who wont even put his damn arm around you. ANYWAYS I'm getting ahead of myself. ummm hotsoxchick1, will you marry me? or at least be my valentine I love you. HAHAHA. I'm so desperately lonely... anyways enough of my rambling I love you all and at this pace I'll be a hall-of-fame poster by week's end

Gotta go its past my bedtime :ph34r:

hahaha peace

-Jim

Guest hotsoxchick1

jim, im sorry... i would just prefer to live with someone happily ever after, without a piece of paper to come in the middle of something wonderful.. you understand right.....anyhow have a happy valentines day tomorrow and sweet dreams...we love you too.. but you have a long way to go before you become a hall of fame poster lol or at least till you have as many as i do.............. :D

Thomas was really cool the one time I talked to him. Well, it wasn't much of a conversation. It was befor the 2000 season at spring training. I looked at Frank and said your looking ready for a monster year, how do you feel? Damn Good...then he was cool signed my ball and then Gary's ball and he went onto have what should of been an MVP season.

Just cause the media says bad stuff about him, dont' mean he's an ass. It just mean he don't like the media.

well you broke my heart, just like every other girl on the planet. Everybody gets a swing. anywho, no hard feelings. :fyou hey who put that there???

Haha just kiddin love ya all.

I would like to add that although PK is not the heaviest or least athletic player on the team, he is most definately the slowest. That probably includes pitchers. I think he needs to work out with a speed coach. I think he may be one of the 10 slowest players in the MLB. anyways see y'all later, peace

-Jim

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol sorry hon.........didnt intend to break any hearts.. i guess thats what i get for being up front and honest about my feelings ......anyhow.. paulie needs some thing more than a coach he needs a guy like whats his name... jim fixx???? (or is he the dead runner?) anyhow he needs a running coach who can keep him going day and nite.. he also needs to lay off the brewskies and cigars.......and maybe get some hip treatments im sure thats a big part of his problems as well....

lol sorry hon.........didnt intend to break any hearts.. i guess thats what i get for being up front and honest about my feelings ......anyhow.. paulie needs some thing more than a coach he needs a guy like whats his name... jim fixx???? (or is he the dead runner?) anyhow he needs a running coach who can keep him going  day and nite.. he also needs to lay off the brewskies and cigars.......and maybe get some hip treatments im sure thats a big part of his problems as well....

I think he's just slow, just like Bengie Molina is on the Angels.

lol sorry hon.........didnt intend to break any hearts.. i guess thats what i get for being up front and honest about my feelings ......anyhow.. paulie needs some thing more than a coach he needs a guy like whats his name... jim fixx???? (or is he the dead runner?) anyhow he needs a running coach who can keep him going  day and nite.. he also needs to lay off the brewskies and cigars.......and maybe get some hip treatments im sure thats a big part of his problems as well....

I think he's just slow, just like Bengie Molina is on the Angels.

Bengie Molina, just who i was gonna bring up :D i luv angel comparisons..but molina definitely looks like he runs that slow, and paulie, he looks like a well-fit guy, but guess looks can be real deceiving

well he does have that bo jackson/albert belle hip thing going on so i cut him slack.......but thats the only reason ..........

Oh s***...that would not be good if PK's career ended premature because of his hip, but it probably will, unless they can come up with some neat s*** to repair that kind of stuff.

They have made a lot of neat s*** though....so maybe they could.

Guest hotsoxchick1

wsf look at where albert belle is now........they havent made enough cool stuff yet.....hes still in pain and dealing with this........of course hes still on the o's payroll too..........

What exactly is the problem Konerko has with his hip?  Did he  bruise it or does he have like a degenerative hip or whatever they call it?

He's got a degenerative hip, if I remember correctly....which is a reason why he was forced out of catching...and he had the range of a turtle so he couldn't play 3B....the only position he could play was 1B....and he's not a bad 1Bman.

And if I may use another Angels comparison here(I know how we love comparing our players to last year's Angels)....if anyone has a Troy Glaus like year, I personally believe it could be Konerko....regressing rather than progressing....and all I have to do is look at the second half of last year....he hit around .270-.280 with few homers and few runs produced....given, a lot of it was due to his foot, but you can't overlook those kind of pitiful stats(compared to what he put up in the first half....those were incredible, but he should have atleast hit 30 homers...and he didn't)....it's just hard not to.

What exactly is the problem Konerko has with his hip?  Did he  bruise it or does he have like a degenerative hip or whatever they call it?

He's got a degenerative hip, if I remember correctly....which is a reason why he was forced out of catching...and he had the range of a turtle so he couldn't play 3B....the only position he could play was 1B....and he's not a bad 1Bman.

And if I may use another Angels comparison here(I know how we love comparing our players to last year's Angels)....if anyone has a Troy Glaus like year, I personally believe it could be Konerko....regressing rather than progressing....and all I have to do is look at the second half of last year....he hit around .270-.280 with few homers and few runs produced....given, a lot of it was due to his foot, but you can't overlook those kind of pitiful stats(compared to what he put up in the first half....those were incredible, but he should have atleast hit 30 homers...and he didn't)....it's just hard not to.

Oh man please dont compare konerko with glaus. Glaus was PITIFUL last year, and he did not deserve the ws mvp last year (instead, i think it shoulda gone to speezio) but if i remeber correctly, everytime the angels had one of their unstopable rallies, glaus was always the one that came out and just plain old struck out. every time. and in the regular season, he was always like that too in crucial situations and he was DEFINITELY NOT the same dependable guy that he used to be. now if konerko turns out like that this season, it will absolutely break my heart. :(

Excuse me, sir, but watch last year's World Series movie, and try and tell us that Mr. Glaus did not deserve the MVP.  I don't think you'd be able to do it.

i have watched the playoff tapes many many times, and glaus did do pretty good, but he stilll absolutely did not deserve the mvp. yes he had many homers, but most of them were pretty useless. probably the only big hit that i remember he had was the one that put them in the lead on the spectacular 6th game. i do respect glaus, but there were alot more other players that deserved it than him.