who will be the bust??

baggio202

God comes down and says only one of the four white sox question marks in the everyday line up will be a bust...which one would it be???  

45 members have voted

1. 1. God comes down and says only one of the four white sox question marks in the everyday line up will be a bust...which one would it be???

• d'angelo jimenez
    • miguel olivo
    • joe crede
    • aaron rowand

if you guys are right...it should be rowand , then maybe jimenez..good news on this is we have harris as a temporary replacement until borchard is ready should rowand fail....should it be jimenez we have harris, miles and hummell as possibly replacemants

olivo and crede do scare me the most just because if they fail we have nothing , i mean nothing to replace them...

Well if Crede fails then you have Manos or Daubach at 3rd with Hummell, Miles and Harris fighting for the other job in the infield.

If Olivo goes, then we definately got nothing unless that Burke guy is something.

Still, Crede can play really good defense and has a live bat, so I'm not worried. He can hit the ball to all parts of the field and even if he hit .240 he wouldn't be completely terrible because of his defense.

I don't see him hitting .240 though. I think he could have an Albert Pujols like year.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Crede is ready and will prove it. Rowand is a good ballplayer. I'm just concerned about the effects of the injury. Jiminez looked like a damn good ballplayer to me last year, but that's still to be proven over the long haul. Harris looked weak and I don't have much confidence there, but if he can start hitting, he'll be awesome. Olivo is gonna rock because HSC says so. ;) That's my take on these young guys.

Willie Harris should be on this list. He'd be the one I'd vote for considering that when Jimenez or Rowand get an off day, as of right now, Harris would probably be the starter in that position. Harris may start two or three games a week with Jerry "the tinkerer" at the helm.

i didnt put harris on that last because ,one , he would have gotten all the votes :lol: and two , he is not a starter going into camp...

Guest hotsoxchick1

what i dont get still is why everyone is so down on aaron.............give the kid a chance huh before we tie him to the steak and burn his butt up ............man oh man its like you all are on a witch hunt or something.........leave the poor kid alone, he will be just fine.......better worry more whos at 2nd and short.............

what i dont get still is why everyone is so down on aaron.............give the kid a chance huh before we tie him to the steak and burn his butt up ............man oh man its like you all are on a witch hunt or something.........leave the poor kid alone, he will be just fine.......better worry more whos at 2nd and short.............

Hot, I am not down on him at all, just being what I feel is realistic..

He had his first great year as a 25 yr old in his second go around at AA. If he is a late bloomer and deserves to be in the Majors, then he will prove it with a second big year in a row.

I like Aaron and think he is a good player, but I look at the big picture, and Aaron hasn't consistently shown he belongs. If he does it, then fine, but the first 7 years of his career have to count for something.

Sometimes good players make it and sometimes they don't. All I am saying is that this will be the year that will decide where he will fall.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well he hasnt exactly gotten to play every day up here yet.... i think he will settle down just fine knowing that this is his daily job, role to fill and he doesnt have to share it with anyone......its gotta drive ya nuts day in and day out not knowing if your going to play or warm the bench........i think aaron will be fine......really......

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol you bring up miles... my other cross.........geez i wish that guy would get a big chance.....hes good and i absoultely love him..............damn that kw anyhow, he needs to listen to me more.......... :D

Hudler and I see eye to eye on the Miles situation. If he proves himself in AAA this year, then I'll buy into him, until then I don't see him coming anywhere close to a major league roster. This is going to be his first time in AAA and I think he's 26 years old now (Thats off the top of my head).