Attendance problems

RedPinStripes

I'm sure a large reason for the decline was the fact that players and owners were fighting, leaving fans worried that their would be a strike.

Since their wasn't a strike this time around it should give baseball another 4-5 years to work on its image and gain more fan support. Of course they got to make sure they don't lose it the next time they renegotiate the labor deal.

Guest hotsoxchick1

the strike or threat of one may have played a big part of it but look at who lost in attendance....the tribe.... hell they gave away half their good players who wants to see a bunch of no names day in and day out.... seattle.. they went down the drain pretty fast as opposed to their high last season...... pittsburgh... well they should have had a raise in attendance since they pryed wells away from us huh??/ guess they dont like that deer in the headlights look on someone out there either huh??? lol.....i think that most of the things that occured in mlb this past season have had a lot to do with the decline... hell bud even f***ed up the all star game... tell me how many people were pissed off about that too......a new head hauncho would probably bring some fans back.. looks like no one(the fans) not only the players trust bud the pud......

and move them to oregon i would take that team :) in oregon both teams have some good players expos have colon, vlad, vidro, ohka tamba bay have winn florida has johnason ( down year but still a great fielding catcher ) Castillo Burnett Beckett now that is not all there good players or not really there best although most are now for a sp rotation

1.)colon

2.)ohka

3.)Beckett

im sure they have 2 other decent 4-5 startes somewhere on the 3 teams

and fielding would leave

1b=

2b=Castillo

ss=

3b=derek lee

center=Winn

catcher=johnson

left=

right=Guerrero

and im sure i over looked some of those spots and maybe sign a free angent maybe a ss or an out fielder and u have a decent ball club with a good young pitching staff and good young hitters thats a great foundation layed all we have to do is combine the 3 teams and i bet they would draw a good crowd

Originally posted by soxfan420

and move them to oregon i would take that team :) in oregon both teams have some good players expos have colon, vlad,  vidro, ohka  tamba bay have winn florida has johnason ( down year but still a great fielding catcher ) Castillo Burnett Beckett now that is not  all there good players or not really there best although most are now for a sp rotation

1.)colon

2.)ohka

3.)Beckett 

im sure they have 2 other decent 4-5 startes somewhere on the 3 teams

and fielding would leave

1b=

2b=Castillo

ss=

3b=derek lee

center=Winn

catcher=johnson

left=

right=Guerrero   

and im sure i over looked some of those spots and maybe sign a free angent maybe a ss or an out fielder and u have a decent ball club with a good young pitching staff and good young hitters thats a great foundation layed all we have to do is combine the 3 teams and i bet they would draw a good crowd

Oregon? If two of the teams can't survive in Florida how will a ML franchise survive in Oregon? BTW, I heard that St. Louis is interested in obtaining one of those three teams if the Cardinals build a new stadium in Illinois and they will call them the Browns. Don't think it will happen, but FYI :)

I'll say this and thats that Portland can't possibly be worse then Montreal and Tampa Bay or even Florida. I think their basketball team draws real well as do their football teams, especially the Ducks so they have some great fans.

Why not give them a shot.

Guys n gals,

Are we in good shape as far as attendance?

Is Reinsdork pondering moving our boys or are we safe for many years to come?

I know we didn't have very good attendance, did we?

We averaged about 20,000? or was it 22,000?

We didn't even draw 2 million and I think the Sox need to draw over that, imo.

As far as Jerry moving, I don't think it will ever happen because I don't think the other owners would let him move, plus if they were to move, I'm sure someone would make an offer to keep them in the Windy City.

Attendance definately blew this season.

Guest hotsoxchick1

as long as theres a daley in office for the city of chicago... the sox wont be going anywhere.....lol.. they will make sure of it......