japan to launch "pre-emptive" strike

baggio202

Guest hotsoxchick1

i figured that would happen... i said on another thread here that south korea and probably japan would just run up and kick north koreas ass........one thing about those oriental countries over there ... they police their own rather well...........or should i put it they have learned how to over the years....anyhow we dont have to worry about north korea being much of a threat......the only place they have to run to is china and i seriously dont think that china wants to get very involved with them..........at least not at this point in time........besides im sure russia will side with us and put any lid on chinas desire to move.......i hope this doesnt turn out to be the be all end all of wars coming up ..... who was it nostroadamas (sp?) who predicted all this s*** in the first place..............

i figured that would happen... i said on another thread here that south korea and probably japan would just run up and kick north koreas ass........one thing about those oriental countries over there ... they police their own rather well...........or should i put it they have learned how to over the years....anyhow we dont have to worry about north korea being much of a threat......the only place they have to run to is china and i seriously dont think that china wants to get very involved with them..........at least not at this point in time........besides im sure russia will side with us and put any lid on chinas desire to move.......i hope this doesnt turn out to be the be all end all of wars coming up ..... who was it nostroadamas (sp?) who predicted all this s*** in the first place..............

thats a messed up situation...china and north korea are uneasy alies at best...china already spoke out against nkorea on this nuke thing..i think if china could get rid of nkorea it wouldnt mind..you might even see them help is nkorea really goes overboard

This will be an interesting thing to watch. North Korea can be dangerous because they have nuts running that country and pretty much no fear. Whenever that happens you got to worry.

Japan has to be worried because North Korea has the weapons and I don't think there is a country that would be more effected by some type of military attack on a major city then Japan, considering how heavily populated and dense their cities are.

N Korea scares me simply because of the crazy f***s running their country.  The country is in terrible shape and I hope that Kim Jong Il doesn't just snap and start bombing or something.  You never know though, like they say..."Desperate times call for desperate measures."

The US scares me simply because of the crazy f***s running their country. The country is in terrible economic shape and I hope that Bush doesn't just snap and start bombing or something. You never know though.

No one nation has any right to attack any other nation.

A year ago the cowboy referred to an Axis of Evil in his State of the Union adrress, saying it was Iraq, Iran, and North Korea. It was stunning because no one had ever linked those three coutries before and no one can still find the link. Iran and Iraq hate eachg other and North Korea has nothing to do with no one (other than China) so to consider these three nations an axis of anything is ludacrous.

Now the cowboy crazy f*** who runs this country wants to go to war with Iraq, a nation that never attacked us. (Reminder - Al Queda attacked us. Not Iraq. But since the cowboy can't deliver on his "Bin laden dead or live" statement and the economy is falling apart due to hius policies he needs a little Wag the Dog to distract everyone.)

North Korea - a paranoid, small nation, looks at that and say, will the US attack us next? After all, the cowboy said they were part of the axis, so it seems very logical that after we wage against Iraq, that North Korea would be next.

So North Korea does the one thing that it can do to protect itself: it says they can bomb us.

Now if the dumb f*** cowboy hadn't been shooting of his mouth about non existent Axis of Terrors, this crisis would have probably never happened.

And North Korea says they want assurances that the US will not attack them which have you heard our giovernment give? No, the cowboy and his staff won't even talk to North Korea while they continue to threaten war against a nation that has never attacked us.

The US scares me simply because of the crazy f***s running their country. The country is in terrible economic shape and I hope that Bush doesn't just snap and start bombing or something. You never know though.

There are other views in the world than some narrow jingoistic way of looking at things, and if we want to live safely in a world of which we are but a small part, we better understand other people's points of views and respect them as we want to be respected.

A year ago the cowboy referred to an Axis of Evil in his State of the Union adrress, saying it was Iraq, Iran, and North Korea.  It was stunning because no one had ever linked those three coutries before and no one can still find the link. 

When did anybody say there had to be a link? The "Axis of Evil" which President Bush spoke about are the countries that present clear and identifiable danger to the United States and/or it's Allies.

North Korea - a paranoid, small nation, looks at that and say, will the US attack us next?  After all, the cowboy said they were part of the axis, so it seems very logical that after we wage against Iraq, that North Korea would be next.

So North Korea does the one thing that it can do to protect itself: it says they can bomb us.

Please. North Korea grew their "balls" because of our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan. If the United States didn't have to commit thousands of troops to these two regions, North Korea wouldn't have made a peep. If President Bush didn't include North Korea in the "Axis" then North Korea wouldn't have defied the UN and restarted their nuclear facilities during this time? Yeah..... right.

And North Korea says they want assurances that the US will not attack them  which have you heard our giovernment give?  No, the cowboy and his staff won't even talk to North Korea while they continue to threaten war against a nation that has never attacked us.  

You ignore the fact that, just last week, North Korea stated that they wouldn't hesitate to attack the United States first. So when a Nation (North Korea) openly defies the United Nations and the sanctions set forth by that body then it is up to the United States and the members of the UN to submit to North Korea's whims and give them assurances that no country, currently a member of the UN, will use military force to enforce the sanctions that North Korea has openly defied? Interesting. This must be the logic for not using military force in Iraq.

Bulls***, my friend, pure bulls***.

Go back and re-read the 2002 State of the Union address and read up on the history here. Try listening to NPR on occasion instead of the SCORE and ESPN. I am not saying this to be nasty, I am just so f***ing tired of Karl Rove's spin being tossed at me.

This administration is commiting incredible neglect by its creation of a nuclear problem with North Korea and then ignoring it to fight its inexcusable wars - and what Bush has done with his cowboy rhetoric instead of any understanding of the ramifications of anything, he has done more to undermine US security than I can countenance anymore.

I used to just detetst this administration. Now I hate it with utter contempt.

by the way, I want to affirm that I think that CubKilla, you and RPS and Baggio and others who certianly disagree with me on this stuff, I think you guys are great, I enjoy your friendship, and I am looking forward to seeing you all at U S Cellular (that is hard to type yet...) this season for a bunch of rounds of beer and tailgates and celebration - it is going to be a good season - and I don;t want any differences here to affect friendships because you are a good guy and so are others - ok -

by the way, I want to affirm that I think that CubKilla, you and RPS and Baggio and others who certianly disagree with me on this stuff, I think you guys are great, I enjoy your friendship, and I am looking forward to seeing you all at U S Cellular (that is hard to type yet...) this season for a bunch of rounds of beer and tailgates and celebration - it is going to be a good season - and I don;t want any differences here  to affect friendships because you are a good guy and so are others - ok -

Politics is one thing CW..... WHITE SOX BASEBALL IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT THING! While we all disagree politically on many different levels, one thing we do agree on is White Sox baseball. You should know by now that I respect your opinion much more than some others on this board. At least you can make your point without smugness and personal attacks.

This is my 1,000th post and I have saved it for you - thanks for your kind words, the respect goes both ways, and it has been a great thing for me to get to know you guys. You have taught me a lot, you guys know your stuff, "the Mikes" as we called you all at SoxFest are individually and as a group great people who I am proud to call my friends and honored you consider me your friend -

as you say WHITE SOX BASEBALL IS SOMETHING ELSE!

and no matter what disagreements we have, we are allies - the Twinkies and everyone else who stands in our way of winning the World Series is our enemy - never each other -

f*** you MLB, its our time! :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1
And North Korea says they want assurances that the US will not attack them  which have you heard our giovernment give?  No, the cowboy and his staff won't even talk to North Korea while they continue to threaten war against a nation that has never attacked us.  

You ignore the fact that, just last week, North Korea stated that they wouldn't hesitate to attack the United States first. So when a Nation (North Korea) openly defies the United Nations and the sanctions set forth by that body then it is up to the United States and the members of the UN to submit to North Korea's whims and give them assurances that no country, currently a member of the UN, will use military force to enforce the sanctions that North Korea has openly defied? Interesting. This must be the logic for not using military force in Iraq.

and your all ignoring the fact that we were already attacked ...........un provoked...........and we have done nothing yet but send troops over in a way of retaliation..............i say blow up the f***ers and let GOD sort em all out...........im sick of this sissy s*** asking permission from the un........no one asked any permission to fly three aircraft into perfectly good buildings in our soil why in the hell should we have to ask anyones permission to bomb the s*** out of a sandbox in retaliation to their actions.........f*** em all........and if north korea has a pair of balls big enough to say were going to bomb you then f*** them too..............blow the s*** out of them too it wont take long nor much effort since they are still a 3rd world peon country.........

we were attacked by Al Qeda - we just can't attack anyone - go to war with anyone - just because we got attacked by Al Qeda -

after Tim McVeigh blew up the Murrah Center, should every conservative white male veteran in the country been locked up or attacked because they have known McVeigh or shared similar views in some areas? Shpuld we have bombed every home where McVeigh had a friend, spent the night, where people who fit his demographic had similar views in some things?

Iraq and bin Laden hate each other - even this past week bin Laden was calling Iraq an infidel nation - the differences between radical religious fundementalists and a totally secularized regime ae vast even though they may look alike to us

it is immoral to wage war on anyone else than Al Qeda, and I really detest this Wag the Dog attempt to have war as distraction from the obvious failure to get bin Laden

it also is hardly prudent and is a path that will; lead to retaliation and will leave us with less security rather than more

and if reserve the right to attack nations by means of war when they have not attcked us, then other nations have the same right - we are not God's appointed in this world, we are one nation amongst many and what, not even 6% of the world's population -

if every nation follows the same course as the US is followng, every nation will be striking every other nation and no one will survive

maybe every nation should kill us all and let God sort us out? how are we different than what we claim to oppose if we go to war under these circumstances

I love you and you I truly love you but I find the bomb everyone else approach immoral as well as the most counter productive things we can do

peace cannot be won at the point of a gun

every bomb we drop invites retaliation

there are better ways

70% of americans are for this war..23% are against...when the percentage is that one sided it means the middle of the road people who usually swing these things one way or another have spoken...in favor of president bush... if bush won the presidency with less than 50% of the vote and now 70% of the people are in favor of his actions pertaining to iraq..thats means alot of people that voted for gore are backing bush now...

so let me ask you..could it be that maybe you might be wrong on this??..

i respect your views on things because you take the time to really study the issues...more time then i do id bet (who do find the time anways?)...but i also get the feeling that whatever bush decides to do you will find a problem with it..

the best case for not going to war i have heard comes from democratic representive peter defazio..he said that why are we going to war with iraq when al-qada and north korea pose a much greater threat to our safety??...i have to admit that is a great question..one that i would like to ask president bush myself...im sure they have intelligence that we dont but logically speaking, from what we know, we should be hard pressed to get north korea first, then al-qada..(though one could make the case that despite not getting bin-laden we have pretty much destroyed their network of cells to the point where they are almost non functional), then iraq...by the way i voted for defazio 3 times...you ever vote for a republican ?? :D

off on a tangent here..defazio is the democrat i have the most respect for..in '90 he was a state rep in oregon...the democrats who held all the power in the state at that time made a deal with the republicans that if they voted a certian way on a education bill they would agree to open up some state owned land to logging...well the republicans held up their end of the bargin and when it came time to for the dems to hold up their end they all bailed...except defazio..he came out and said we made a deal with the republicans and should honor it...the dems ripped him a new one..said he should go join the republicans...told him they would do everything to see he gets no supports in the future if he didnt chnge his stand...well he didnt..and eventually he got the land opened up for logging...which is why he is a US representive right now...eventhough politically we disagree a guy with that kind of moral leadership is someone the democrats should be looking to as a leader..

those poll numbers you give are far, far different than the ones that I ams eeing, which reveal a much more even split and depend ont he wording of the question -

however, since you majority to win, I trust you are on your way on DC to move Bush out of the White House and Gore in? Majority wins - go for it!

I will look into your Oregon guy. My party needs new leadership and needs it now. Thanks foir the tip!

By the way, I didn't see your "Ever Vote for a Republican" question until the prior post -

when I lived in Illinois I worked with IVI and IPO for anti machine good government candidates - which means that I worked for and voted for many Republicans on the city and county level and some on the state level - ask Republican Bernard Carey if I ever helped deliver my college campus' 3 precincts to assist his victory as states attorney -

in Michigan, the landscape is different - had a Republican state representative Everit Lincoln I was proud to vote for - I have voted for Republicans in our county as needed even though I am Dem vice chair of the county, and in my last campaign for county clerk, I was very proud that four former Republican office holders broke party ranks and endorsed me and one did off the record, and my campaign treasurer was a Republican

By the way, I didn't see your "Ever Vote for a Republican" question until the prior post -

when I lived in Illinois I worked with IVI and IPO for anti machine good government candidates - which means that I worked for and voted for many Republicans on the city and county level and some on the state level - ask Republican Bernard Carey if I ever helped deliver my college campus' 3 precincts to assist his victory as states attorney -

in Michigan, the landscape is different - had a Republican state representative Everit Lincoln I was proud to vote for - I have voted for Republicans in our county as needed even though I am Dem vice chair of the county, and in my last campaign for county clerk, I was very proud that four former Republican office holders broke party ranks and endorsed me and one did off the record, and my campaign treasurer was a Republican

thats cool..glad you shared that..see..neither of us vote party line..the more i argue with you the more common ground i find

What poll is that you're seeing?  I'm not questioning it, I just have yet to see any pro-war number that high....  The highest (pro-war) one I've seen was a while ago at about 58% for war, 37% against.

it ws on one of the news channels...i believe MSNBC..saw it thursday..it was in a story saying that support for the war effort is growing...i figured MSNBC is pretty much middle of the road..so their polls should be pretty accurate...but im also not 100% sure i saw it there because i flip through all 3 news channels like crazy..lol

Guest hotsoxchick1

wasnt it the bible that says eye for an eye, such and such and such......im all for that.. and from where im sitting we are owed one eye from bin laden.... i say go get it and i dont care what the cost is... he obviously didnt care about the cost when he took our eye out.............f*** him and anyone who thinks like him or acts like him .. hows that...........what pisses me off more than anything is we should have done this right the first time we were over there.......then we wouldnt be suffering through this s*** now...it would have been all done and over with and we all could have gotten on with our lives................