5/8 Games

danman31

Kanny lost to Delmarva 4-0 today. The game was only 7 innings long. Tisch got the start and pitched pretty well. He got the complete game only giving up 2 earned runs (2 unearned aswell). The Intimidators only managed 3 hits. Box Score

I was listening to the Knights game for a bit, but they were getting killed. 8-1 Louisville, the Bats have scored every inning. I listened to the game when Wunsch gave up a run. I don't know his line.

Meanwhile Winston-Salem is winning 9-3. They scored 8 runs in the first and B.J. LaMura is coasting with the lead. He isn't dominating but the Hogs are up by so much that he may have let down a bit. Also of note is that the announcer mentioned that Brian Anderson has done a great job all year defensively in CF and that Nanita has had really good at-bats today.

Anyone notice Chris Young is heating up? He is not doing it ala Brian Anderson, but he is up to .250 now. He was at .191 at the end of April. H also has 7 walks in the last 5 games, after only 4 up to that point the whole season.

Kanny today got beat by Adam Loewen, one of the top players from the 2002 draft. He went to a FL Juco and didn't sign until just before the 2003 draft.

ummm a shutout after 6??? sounds like it to me

I assumed so. ust making sure he's not going 3-2 on everybody or working out of a lot of jams or something.

Any K numbers on little Arnie?

Yup just saw it.

7 IP 3 H 4 SO 0 BB for Munoz. Another great performance. That's 2 ER over his past 19 IP I believe.

Two interesting notes..........

1. Barons pitchers faced one batter over the minimum 27 because two of the three hits were erased by double plays.

2. There were 5 shutouts in the Southern League tonight..... including 2 doubleheaders with both games as shutouts

Munoz deserves a callup to Charlotte and so does "Man - Hands" Bajeneru, but there's no room for Arnie in Charlotte's rotation with Rauch possibly bein moved into the pen, and for Jeff with Majewski and Santiago sharin the closing duties for the Knights. It's a nice problem to have. :)