Game Thread Game 2 Diaz first start

WHarris1

Paul Konerko has a problem with drama. Last year he ties the game for the Sox vs the Twins with a huge home run, causing me to forget the awfulness he was up to that point...and today he does it again. With rain on the horizon, and time ticking away, a sense of urgency swept across every Sox fan watching, listening or at the game...and once again, Paulie comes through with one swing of the bat...

And once again, Paulie, I forgive you for your slump. :stick Now stop it.

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

-y2

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Diaz impressed me but the Orioles offense got to him in the 5th. I really think Diaz can become a good player for the Sox.

Agreed.

The Good - He threw strikes, and he has three pitches that he can get over for strikes (like I said earlier), fastball, slider, change. He seems to have good command of the strikezone. Obviously, today he wasn't at his best. He left way, way too many pitches up in the zone.

The Bad - A lot of bad today. Like I said up there, he left way too many pitches up. There is no way a changeup is going to be effective if it's up. Not going to happen. His stuff isn't overwhelming enough where he can get away with those types of mistakes.

Overall - I thought I would see better 'pure stuff' from him. IMO, the slider was his best pitch. His fastball looked pretty straight. His changeup looked like a good pitch, it had some nice movement, except of course when it was up in the zone which happened on the majority of his homers given up. Of course, however, I want to see him get another start. I bet he was really, really nervous today, add to that the Os lineup isn't the easiest to go up against. I want to give him another chance.

OT, I live about a half hour south of the Cell, and it is still POURING...

Paul Konerko has a problem with drama.  Last year he ties the game for the Sox vs the Twins with a huge home run, causing me to forget the awfulness he was up to that point...and today he does it again.  With rain on the horizon, and time ticking away, a sense of urgency swept across every Sox fan watching, listening or at the game...and once again, Paulie comes through with one swing of the bat...

And once again, Paulie, I forgive you for your slump. :stick  Now stop it.

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

-y2

So true! :D

I was at the game last year too. 12,000 people but that crowd was freakin LOUD the second that ball left Paulie's bat.

So true!  :D

I was at the game last year too. 12,000 people but that crowd was freakin LOUD the second that ball left Paulie's bat.

I remember that game. The people went nuts when that ball left the yard. It was especially good because it was against the damn Twins

The OFFICIAL rain out rules, JIC anyone wondered.

(a) A regulation game consists of nine innings, unless extended because of a tie score, or shortened (1) because the home team needs none of its half of the ninth inning or only a fraction of it, or (2) because the umpire calls the game. EXCEPTION: National Association leagues may adopt a rule providing that one or both games of a doubleheader shall be seven innings in length. In such games, any of these rules applying to the ninth inning shall apply to the seventh inning. (B) If the score is tied after nine completed innings play shall continue until (1) the visiting team has scored more total runs than the home team at the end of a completed inning, or (2) the home team scores the winning run in an uncompleted inning. © If a game is called, it is a regulation game: (1) If five innings have been completed; (2) If the home team has scored more runs in four or four and a fraction half innings than the visiting team has scored in five completed half innings; (3) If the home team scores one or more runs in its half of the fifth inning to tie the score. (d) If each team has the same number of runs when the game ends, the umpire shall declare it a "Tie Game." (e) If a game is called before it has become a regulation game, the umpire shall declare it "No Game." (f) Rain checks will not be honored for any regulation or suspended game which has progressed to or beyond a point of play described in 4.10©

The OFFICIAL rain out rules, JIC anyone wondered.

(a) A regulation game consists of nine innings, unless extended because of a tie score, or shortened (1) because the home team needs none of its half of the ninth inning or only a fraction of it, or (2) because the umpire calls the game. EXCEPTION: National Association leagues may adopt a rule providing that one or both games of a doubleheader shall be seven innings in length. In such games, any of these rules applying to the ninth inning shall apply to the seventh inning. (B) If the score is tied after nine completed innings play shall continue until (1) the visiting team has scored more total runs than the home team at the end of a completed inning, or (2) the home team scores the winning run in an uncompleted inning. © If a game is called, it is a regulation game: (1) If five innings have been completed; (2) If the home team has scored more runs in four or four and a fraction half innings than the visiting team has scored in five completed half innings; (3) If the home team scores one or more runs in its half of the fifth inning to tie the score. (d) If each team has the same number of runs when the game ends, the umpire shall declare it a "Tie Game." (e) If a game is called before it has become a regulation game, the umpire shall declare it "No Game." (f) Rain checks will not be honored for any regulation or suspended game which has progressed to or beyond a point of play described in 4.10©

thanks for that, but this game looks like it will back on.

Shingo, Damaso, Billyl

Hey guys, hate to say it, but Poppy Hidalgo's score prediction was actually right (at the moment) but had a little trouble on the team..

QUOTE (POPPY_HIDALGO @ May 13 2004, 03:53 PM)

Poppy is still bitter that the team wouldn't pay him following the 2000 season --

He's yet to "predict" a sox victory.

5/13

Prediction

Baltimore - 6

Sox - 5

Result -- 6-5 Sox lead in delay

5/11

Prediction------ Sox-1 Orioles-4

Result -- 15-0 Sox victory

5/9

Prediction: Sox-3 Blue Jays-14

Result -- 2-5 Sox lose --

Well, I'm off.

Stop kidding yourselves, this game is over.

That was a fun first month. Let the collapse begin.

Sox May Record = 5-6 -- Leading in the sixth of the 12th game

5/4

I predict he's out by the 5th and allows 6 runs on two home runs. The guys been getting through games by the skin of his teeth. It's not going to last forever. He leads the team in home runs allowed and he's third in walks. Not a good combination

Loaiza pitches into the sixth -- doesn't give up a HR

Poppy spare us your "predictions" in the future -- They are all thinly veiled Anti-Soxite rhetoric

Mr. Zero, your signature cracks me up. Almost as much as all these smileys do.

Smiley names:

Minnesota Twins: :puke :fyou

And don't forget the hitting Paul Konerko for slumping endlessly with a stick smiley: :stick

And the 3 Piece band AKA RUSH smiley: :snr

The Billy Koch smiley: :banghead

The dumb hillbillys in the crowd starting fights at the Sox games smiley: :fight :nono

The White Sox win smiley: :cheers

The Shingo Takatsu smiley: :ph34r:

And the infamous and seldom used hot chicks in the crowd at Sox games smiley: :wub:

-y2

Poppy is still bitter that the team wouldn't pay him following the 2000 season --

He's yet to "predict" a sox victory.

5/13

Result -- 6-5 Sox lead in delay

5/11

Result -- 15-0 Sox victory

5/9

Result -- 2-5 Sox lose --

Sox May Record = 5-6 -- Leading in the sixth of the 12th game

5/4

Loaiza pitches into the sixth -- doesn't give up a HR

Poppy spare us your "predictions" in the future -- They are all thinly veiled Anti-Soxite rhetoric

CHEAT :notworthy

Hey guys, hate to say it, but Poppy Hidalgo's score prediction was actually right (at the moment) but had a little trouble on the team..

QUOTE (POPPY_HIDALGO @ May 13 2004, 03:53 PM)

Cmon JReed8, even you know that a broken clock works twice a day. :lol:

:D

Damon Andrews on Fox Sports Net says the umpire crew is going to wait another thirty minutes before making a decision, but they believe the game will continue.  :ph34r:

Yeah, they will probably get the game in. Here is a moving radar. It looks like there will be a gap, but it's hard to tell how long until that happens. North of the city it's not raining, but the radar justifies that.

He's not Damon "Mother Nature" Andrews, so I'll take what I see outside and the current conditions for even playing baseball.

Turn on the radio and see what Roons and Farmio say. They always talk to Bossard who will be giving info to the umps whether they can play or not.