Proposed trade from the Southtown

CWSGuy406

Maggs for Mulder?

I didn't see this article anywhere else (if it is, please delete this mods):

But, Just wanted to know what you guys thought of this trade? It probably wouldn't happen, the As wouldn't, most likely be able to resign Maggs, plus Mark Mulder IIRC is signed through next year.

If it were on the table, though, I think I might take it. Mulder would give us three lefties in the rotation, as well as a proven starter who could step right in and be our number one. Not to mention how the Twinkies struggle against us, and the playoff experience Mulder brings.

Ladewski then talks about the Sox should go after Beltran, which is also a pipdream (IMO).

Then again, most of the article is a pipedream, and actually has a bit of Jay Mariotti flavor to it (odd trade possibilities), which isn't a good thing IMHO.

What do you guys think?

No offense, but I can't understand why anybody would agree to

a trade of Maggs.

I can't believe the guy wrote this paragraph:

Even without him, the Sox still have five potential 20-home run hitters. Who's to say that Carlos Lee can't put up Ordonez-like numbers in the No. 3 hole — and steal 20-plus bases to boot?

Give me a break. Our lineup without Maggs is crippled!!!!!!!

I'd make this deal in a heartbeat. Then I would actively pursue Beltan. You lose the salary for Maggs, Valentin and Koch and you have enough to pay Mulder and Beltran. I don't see any reason we could not pull this off.

The A's and Billy Beane have already decided that Mulder and Hudson stay, and Zito is the one to go..

In other news, Billy "moneyball" Beane covets Red Sox prospect Kevin Youkilis...

Zito for Youkilis come end of this season.

Youklis alone won't cut it for Zito, what about Kim bein thrown into the deal as well. ;)

I'd too do this in a heartbeat... a southside boy as a stud pitcher... good stuff  :headbang

and for Beltran, he's a Boras guy, right?... won't happen

It doesn't matter who's his agent with the numbers he is likely to put up there's only 5 teams in baseball who could afford his services next year.

From Hardballtimes.com

Through Tuesday's games, Beltran was on pace for 47 homers, 142 RBIs, 141 runs and 52 stolen bases.

Maggs for Mulder?

I didn't see this article anywhere else (if it is, please delete this mods):

But, Just wanted to know what you guys thought of this trade?  It probably wouldn't happen, the As wouldn't, most likely be able to resign Maggs, plus Mark Mulder IIRC is signed through next year.

If it were on the table, though, I think I might take it.  Mulder would give us three lefties in the rotation, as well as a proven starter who could step right in and be our number one.  Not to mention how the Twinkies struggle against us, and the playoff experience Mulder brings.

Ladewski then talks about the Sox should go after Beltran, which is also a pipdream (IMO).

Then again, most of the article is a pipedream, and actually has a bit of Jay Mariotti flavor to it (odd trade possibilities), which isn't a good thing IMHO.

What do you guys think?

All together now....

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO!

No offense, but I can't understand why anybody would agree to

a trade of Maggs.

I can't believe the guy wrote this paragraph:

Even without him, the Sox still have five potential 20-home run hitters. Who's to say that Carlos Lee can't put up Ordonez-like numbers in the No. 3 hole — and steal 20-plus bases to boot?

Give me a break. Our lineup without Maggs is crippled!!!!!!!

You can put it on the board, YEEESSS!

I for one hope that Jerry reinsdorf sends the right message to Sox fans for a change and we re-sign Maggs Ordonez. He is aqn integral part of this winning team.

Youklis alone won't cut it for Zito, what about Kim bein thrown into the deal as well.  ;)

It's funny you say that, because being discussed on the Red Sox board I attend has it being Kim as the add-on...

BK Kim has too much talent, probably more than Zito...

Youkilis' OBP has been VERY ordinary @ Pawtucket since the call up from AA last season -- He hit .185 in 100 AB's last season in AAA, .265 w/ about 10 walks last I checked this season.

He really has done nothing since his on base streak ended last season which is why at 25 years of age, I surely wouldnt miss him if a same aged stud southpaw is coming back in return

It doesn't matter who's his agent with the numbers he is likely to put up there's only 5 teams in baseball who could afford his services next year.

Boras wont deal with Jerry. No matter what the $$ involved is.