Burly-mon

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Anyone see how relaxed he was after the O got him a lead in the 1st inning? He was as sharp as I've seen him so far this year & this makes 2 really nice outings in a row for No. 56. I'm so glad to see him heating up early in the season this time around.

Too bad we wasted 24 runs in those 2 starts -- MB only needed 1 run in each of those games. I'm sure the last two outings move him up near the top in the ML (with Washburn) in run support -- I'm too lazy to calculate it, so I'll post his position after ESPN does the work for me, tomorrow. :P

I wonder where the "continued Decline of MB" threads are now?

i still kinda wish we had someone who went out there and threw 98 for strikes but that

will most likely never happen

You can do what Billy Koch does and go out and pretend like you have a 100 mph heater and look dumbfounded when people are hitting off of you like the batting cages at Sluggers.

Buehrle's K/BB numbers are just awesome right now. I think we are truly blessed I mean this guy doesnt throw but PITCHES like a 10-year veteran sometimes and I forget he's only 25 years old.

K/BB numbers AL:

Schilling 6.22

Radke 5.8

Buehrle 3.92

The two names below are Pedro and Kevin Brown so it's pretty obvious he is in some elite company. With the exception of Radke, these are all power pitchers too so Buehrle is truly something special.

Too bad we wasted 24 runs in those 2 starts -- MB only needed 1 run in each of those games. I'm sure the last two outings move him up near the top in the ML (with Washburn) in run support -- I'm too lazy to calculate it, so I'll post his position after ESPN does the work for me, tomorrow. :P

I wonder where the "continued Decline of MB" threads are now?

Looked it up just now -- MB is 3rd in the AL in Run Support w/ 8.79 R/G

MB is also 3rd in the AL, among pitchers qualifies for the ERA titile, in K/BB ratio.

EDIT: I hadn't read Donkeys post -- Beat me to it. :lol:

Looked it up just now -- MB is 3rd in the AL in Run Support w/ 8.79 R/G

MB is also 3rd in the AL, among pitchers qualifies for the ERA titile, in K/BB ratio.

EDIT: I hadn't read Donkeys post -- Beat me to it. :lol:

Yeah, he has had 26 runs to work with in his last 2 starts. He also got screwed by the offense once this year and again by the pen.

Seems like it's all or nothing with run support with him. I'd like to see them get MB 5-6 runs every time out and let him run with it.

Buehrle is a solid player. Thats all there is to it. As a finesse 56-36 pitcher with a career 3.73 ERA, he shows consistent wins on a outing to outing basis. There is no question in my mind that he did not deserve the money that he got, because he really did earn it.

To justify his conreact to the Sox, Mark needs to be a 3.50 ERA pitchet in a normally weak-hitting ALC.

One more dominant start, and he might just reach it.

Now Loaiza has to get on track.

It will also help if Diaz can pull a Zambrano.