Guess who leads the league in quality starts?

maggsmaggs

I sure hope he can. He does have some good stuff out there this year. Hopefully he will be this years Loaiza.

If anything, he should be thanking Loaiza. Loaiza showed Shoey the cutter he uses which brought him success last year. Shoey will have some good numbers by the time this year is over. Book it.

I think he can. There's no reason he can't continue pitching like this if he avoids injury. I'm so glad the fans don't have much of a say in what the club does. There were a few of us who supported Scho during ST, when he was trying to add another pitch to his bag of tricks. We all just looked at that 502335.42 ERA and thought he didn't deserve a chance. He's good for this team; how long do we have him for? I hope we re-sign him when this contract is up.

how long do we have him for?  I hope we re-sign him when this contract is up.

Shoey is signed for just this year, and I hope we don't resign him. Considering the young pitchers we have for next year (Cotts will be ready and Diaz is showing promise) we don't need him (only for bullpen help if he's willing) I'd rather resign Loaiza. ;)

And Coop kept saying before this season that Scott would be "this year's Loaiza". Why can't Loaiza still be this year's Loaiza too?? And why can't he teach some other pitchers that same cutter that seems to be so dominant??

No one notices it but this starting rotation 1-4 has been one of the most consistent in the past season or two. Strikeouts are sexy and we just don't strike many people out so most people just assume our rotation sucks.

we just don't strike many people out so most people just assume our rotation sucks.

First of all, Loaiza led the league in strike outs last year. Just an FYI

Secondly, I am not sure people think our rotation sucks. They just don't consider our rotation a top 3 or top 5 rotation in the league, and I can understand that.

Finally, I would say do not give all the credit to the pitchers. Sure they are good, but give some credit to the catchers for calling good games. Olivo and Alomar have been very good in that regard the past two years. And give some credit to Don Cooper. I'm sure he's had something to do with their success.

First of all, Loaiza led the league in strike outs last year.  Just an FYI

Secondly, I am not sure people think our rotation sucks.  They just don't consider our rotation a top 3 or top 5 rotation in the league, and I can understand that. 

Finally, I would say do not give all the credit to the pitchers.  Sure they are good, but give some credit to the catchers for calling good games.  Olivo and Alomar have been very good in that regard the past two years.  And give some credit to Don Cooper.  I'm sure he's had something to do with their success.

but loaiza is not striking out nearly as many people as last year if u look at the numbers

but loaiza is not striking out nearly as mant people as last year if u look at the numbers

You are right. It was an FYI. I was not in any way trying to hurt any argument.

As another FYI...Buehrle had 7 strikeouts today in 6 2/3 innings. I guarantee you that you won't see him strike out 9+ per 9 very often.

No one notices it but this starting rotation 1-4 has been one of the most consistent in the past season or two.  Strikeouts are sexy and we just don't strike many people out so most people just assume our rotation sucks.

During yesterdays telecast on FSN they flashed a graphic about quality starts --

The Cubs lead the Majors in QS's the past two seasons(2003 & 2004), Yet surprisingly in second was the Sox.

You are right.  It was an FYI.  I was not in any way trying to hurt any argument.

As another FYI...Buehrle had 7 strikeouts today in 6 2/3 innings.  I guarantee you that you won't see him strike out 9+ per 9 very often.

when u said that he led the league in strikeouts last year i just want to clarify that he was not up to the same pace because people may have interpreted it as he was doing the same this year as last

sorry