Aaron Miles Hostage Story on SC

Anybody else see that story? It was about Aaron Miles and some of his Astros Minor League teammates getting robbed at gunpoint in 2000. Too much s*** happened for me to describe it here, but if you can catch it watch it. It's an incredible story, and I have a little bit more respect for Aaron now.

Him Ausmus and Rose (I think it was him)...that was an amazing story. I saw it last night and I was like...Wow.. :o :ph34r:

Wasn't Ausmus. It was Morgan Ensberg. And that story was f'ed up. Couldn't imagine what was going through their minds having to be under those covers with guns pointed at them. Messed up stuff there.

I saw it too, but didnt really undestand what the two guys were looking for or wanted?  Im sure it was just money, but if its money, why go into a minor league baseball players room to get it?

I think it was ST -- So they didn't know who was a Big-Leaguer and who wasn't -- Miles was offering him his Astros Jersey, so that probably means it was spring.

They say it was a drug deal gone bad, but why would baseball prospects do drugs to mess up their future ? :huh

Because they're 25 and invincible.

Until something like that happens to them.

Why did Jay Williams go out on his motorcycle when it said in his contract not to? Why did Aaron Rowand go out on his ATV or motorbike and nearly get himself killed? Why did Len Bias do drugs and end up dying due to an overdose?

Regardless...I don't believe they wanted the drugs. The gunmen could very easily have just gone into the rooms thinking someone else was in there, or they could have gotten the wrong room number, or gotten the wrong hotel...etc, etc, etc. There are so many different scenarios you could speculate and never come up with the right answer, so it is probably best just to leave it be and be happy all 3 are alive and healthy.