Post your questions for Neal Cotts!

Heads22

When you found out you were traded to the White Sox, what were you thinking? I mean, was it "Oh great, SNOW!", or "Oh great, these guys BLOW!", or "Oh GREAT! I LIKE THESE GUYS!" I hope it was the third.

While we were waiting for Baj to answer his questions, Neal agreed to take some questions too. The Sox schedule is hectic now, so he won't be able to get right back to us, but he agreed to take some from you guys....so post them and we'll take the good ones.

Alex

I'm just curious, how are you getting ahold of these guys like this? Just wondering

Andrew from Melbourne asks,

Neal,

What has it been like pitching the bullpen for your first full season with the White Sox? What impact has Ozzie and Coop had on ur pitchin? Also how do u respond to statements like this?

White Sox G.M. Ken Williams offers high praise for LHP Neal Cotts, who is combining with Damaso Marte to form a potent lefthanded relief combination. "He's as mature and poised as anybody we've had since Mark Buerhle," Williams says. . . .

Neal, is the cutter a pitch you have been developing or is it something that you throw with regularity? I am curious because I heard you threw one in Toronto to Josh Phelps. Also curious on how confident you are in your curveball these days because we all know you have a great fastball and changeup.

How are you working on the mental side of the game? Knowing that at some point you may find yourself with a season riding on your arm for a couple innings, are you doing anything to prepare mentally for that challenge?

Do you urinate on your hands?

Do you think we are hurting kids developing as pitchers with all the restrictions on innings pitched at a young age? I've read where Ryan believes the days when you threw everyday builds the muscles and makes for stronger pitchers who will be injured less.

What is your favorite road city, major or minor, and why?

While we were waiting for Baj to answer his questions, Neal agreed to take some questions too. The Sox schedule is hectic now, so he won't be able to get right back to us, but he agreed to take some from you guys....so post them and we'll take the good ones.

Alex

Can I have your autograph?

1.) How do you feel about being called Hot Cotts on the Soxtalk board?

2.) Who has been your biggest mentor throughout your young career?

3.) Along with the rest of the guys, what does Mr. Cooper usually tell you when he comes out for a chit-chat?

Alex from Louisville, KY:

- From an observation standpoint, it looks as though the Sox are placing you on what I would call the "Buehrle plan." He was brought up slowly and eased into the rotation via the bullpen. Do you feel this is what the White Sox envision with you and do you see any similarities between yourself and Mark?

Blake from Bismarck

Neal, what was the first thought that came to your mind when you found out that you got the call to the big league club? What were your emotions? And what was it like starting in Yankee Stadium(though we'll pretend you threw 7 1/3 shutout innings and held the Yanks in check :D )?

And have you told any other players on the White Sox about Soxtalk? :bringit

Jerry from Chicago IL

Neal, what was your favorite baseball team growing up?

Who is the "prankster" or "clown" in the clubhouse?

BTW, you and Buehrle's Birthdays are 2 days apart if you didn't know. :) Thanx.