Wright out 2 Years!

CSF

Damn.

So when KW told Sox fans during a WGN telecast, "Danny Wrights drop in velocity was for more control of his pitches," it was complete bulls***.

Not insinuating that Williams knew of the injury, but maybe these MRI's should of been ordered following his 2003 failures.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn.

So when KW told Sox fans during a WGN telecast,  "Danny Wrights drop in velocity was for more control of his pitches," it was complete bulls***.

Not insinuating that Williams knew of the injury, but maybe these MRI's should of been ordered following his 2003 failures.

I have a hard time believing Sox didn't MRI him back during 2003 ST which he missed.

I mean my God, decreased arm speed and range of motion were aparent as soon as he joined the big club that year. From T-friggin'-V!!!

It's hard to comperehend how a major league team can fail like this time and tme again. :headshake

if you are saying that I ever bashed on Wright, you are most very totally absolutely wrong, I have caught a lot of flack and mocking for being on Danny's side, and I always stood in support of Wright as a good pitcher

if you are saying that ss2k4 bashed on Wright, I have no recollection of that whatsoever

I'm saying you've done your share of bashing players, regardless if it was Danny or not.. you are not Mr. Innocent, and "damn you" for calling out others for something that rolls off your tongue so swiftly.

Excuse me?

The "bashing" was absolutely necessary. It was not an indictment of his personality, his soul or worth as a man.......but of his PITCHING abilities.    He pitched like s*** as a member of the White Sox, a cute finish to 2002 notwithstanding.  It's a fact.

If it wasn't thw Sox being criminally stupid and not shelving him early in 2003 when he lost all that velocity and break....it can only mean one thing:  he HID a f***ing injury and couldn't win in 19 straight starts, in the process helping destroy a very important, historic 2003 season and already put the Sox in the hole in 2004.

:puke

Crap.. I agree with Brando. :lolhitting

I'm saying you've done your share of bashing players, regardless if it was Danny or not.. you are not Mr. Innocent, and "damn you" for calling out others for something that rolls off your tongue so swiftly.

wrong again

the only player I have ever critiqued, a lot, is Jose, I cheer like hell for him at games, he is my grandson's 2nd favorite player, whbich does reflect what I have taught him, and I have posted my heart felt wishes for Jose's recovery when he had the ham string pull and said we should only trade him for value - I have not been nor ever will be a player basher, that is simply not me

other than long gone players like Navarro, and then I always said the happiest day of my life was when we traded him and got Eldred and Valentin.

this ain't gonna fly; you can continue to look for reasons to attack me, but player bashing ain't valid at all, no way, never.

I have known players all my life, grew up with Earl Averill, Jr (Cubs and Sox) and Glen Hobbie (Cubs) and I will not bash players out of my respect and admiration for them. I can't do what they do. I respect that.

"damn you" in quotes is a nice touch

gracious love and blessings be to you and your household.

and I indeed am Mr. Innocent! :cheers

you want to keep on as you have with others, ain't gonna happen from this side - I've seen the pattern enough - you have a wonderful day and enjoy this fine spring weather and our four game winning streak this weekend!

wrong again

the only player I have ever critiqued, a lot, is Jose,

"wrong"..

then

"the only one..."

Which is it ? :huh

I wouldn't start s*** with me either if I remembered all the things I've said in print.. ;)

Pitchers routinely comeback from elbow surgery. Kerry Wood a fine example. Its the shoulder that is even more of a concern. Danny probably blew out his elbow in the Spring of 2003, when team doctors found nothing wrong with his elbow even though he had major discomfort. This probably led to mechanical adjustments to bear the pain, which probably led to shoulder problems. These are the same doctors who found nothing wrong with Barcelo, and KW was bad mouthing him, only to lead to Barcelo having surgery himself. I believe the White Sox named new team doctors this season. Hopefully they can detect these injuries sooner, before the players cause more damage trying to play through the pain.

Good, I'm glad to see him f***ed up. He sucks.

:headshake You can say he sucks all you want and that's fine, but don't go around saying your happy someone ON YOUR TEAM got hurt, let alone any other team.

Beastly, beastly, beastly.......

Good, I'm glad to see him f***ed up

:headshake We're not exactly deep in pitching (whether its our Starting Rotation or Minor League affiliates)

Maybe he was hurt all the while and maybe he is not

What? There's no question he's hurt. Tests have shown tears in both his elbow and shoulder.

until any evidence shows he is getting TJS...then I'll still look at him as a loser...mercy!

Evidence?! Have you read this thread? Let me post this link:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug20.html

We've all been aware of Danny's struggles, but isn't it obvious to you that perhaps his injuries have held him back from his full potential?

All I'm saying is I want an opprotunity for my man Jon Rauch. The guy was a stud in the Olympics, yes he's had his struggles, but still...I honestly think a 6'11 guy throwing some good 88-95 MPH fast balls in there for strikes.

Good, I'm glad to see him f***ed up. He sucks. Maybe he was hurt all the while and maybe he is not. Frankly, until any evidence shows he is getting TJS...then I'll still look at him as a loser...mercy!

Shut the hell up. You never be glad anyone is ever hurt. NEVER.

That's disgusting.

All I'm saying is I want an opprotunity for my man Jon Rauch. The guy was a stud in the Olympics, yes he's had his struggles, but still...I honestly think a 6'11 guy throwing some good 88-95 MPH fast balls in there for strikes.

what? :huh: How does a post about you being happy about DW being hurt have ANYTHING to do with rauch? :rolleyes:

what?  :huh: How does a post about you being happy about DW being hurt have ANYTHING to do with rauch?  :rolleyes:

Look, in my judgement, Dan Wright is a KW guy. We all know who KW guys are, come on now...the only way Rauch will get up is without some of the younger gambles against him. I ADMIT that I was wrong...did I not just say I repealed that post after thinking about it? Yes indeed.

Good, I'm glad to see him f***ed up. He sucks.  I can pitch better and I don't suck nearly as much.

I thought Rauch could be a viable replacement sometime down the line. Beastly, do you have the 2003 RICKEY+ for Big Jon? I remember it being suprsingly high, but he wasn't called up. Must be a personal thing between him and KW, huh?