Juan Uribe

Without a doubt, this has to be our key aquisition from this past offseason. Juan Uribe is doing EXACTLY what Ozzie needs him to be doing: decently fielding and carrying a big stick. I was a little nervous about Willie going down, since he's been nothing but a stud for this ballclub this year; however, it's awesome that we have someone in Uribe that can replace Willie and make it appear as if Willie isn't even missing. Very confident at the plate, Uribe is proving me wrong, for one, since I didn't think he was going to have this much impact on the team before the season started.

Uribe, you get my props!!! Keep on being the total stud that you are!!!

To Uribe!!! :headbang

Without a doubt, this has to be our key aquisition from this past offseason.  Juan Uribe is doing EXACTLY what Ozzie needs him to be doing: decently fielding and carrying a big stick.  I was a little nervous about Willie going down, since he's been nothing but a stud for this ballclub this year; however, it's awesome that we have someone in Uribe that can replace Willie and make it appear as if Willie isn't even missing.  Very confident at the plate, Uribe is proving me wrong, for one, since I didn't think he was going to have this much impact on the team before the season started.

Uribe, you get my props!!!  Keep on being the total stud that you are!!!

To Uribe!!! :headbang

And all we gave up to get him was, Aarron Miles :D

And Big Juan is only 24 years old too. We should see him in a Sox uni for a few more years atleast, he's got great potential and it appears that we'll have the opportunity to see it all unfold. Looks like Colorado gave up on a "top prospect" just a tad bit early. :headbang

Juan having big games at the top of the order (either 1 or 2) always seems to be a major factor in any big offensive games the Sox have had. He's hitting .343 after tonight's game which is absurd after being a .240 type hitter in Colorado.

I still like Jose, and I have been extremely pleased with how Willie has progressed already this season, but Uribe has got to be in the order 5 or 6 times a week. (Regardless of anyone being hurt) With his defensive versatility (2B, SS, even a little 3B) and offensive production, right now (not saying it will continue) Uribe deserves to be an all-star.

:headbang :headbang :headbang

:notworthy

Juan Uribe

Unfortunately, I doubt he'll even be noticed in the All Star voting cuz fans are so focused on chumps with bigger names but Uribe - with the numbers he's put up so far- certainly deserves people's vote.

Who cares about all-star games. Lets just enjoy watchin this guy play. Like Hawk says, "he's fun to watch".

Considering Uribe is considered a utilityman, he is probably not even on the ballot. And if you were going to write him in, what position would you pick? If Uribe makes the team it will be as a resrve. He keeps this up and he'll be in Houston on a Tuesday night in July.

KW has been good for at least 1 awesome deal in each of the last few years.  He's defenitely got my props as our GM.

We agree on this one, Nuke. Not only has he done a decent job, but he's not shy about pulling the trigger on a deal.

And all we gave up to get him was, Aarron Miles  :D

That was one of the funnist forgotten parts of the Soxfest forum with KW was the lady practically yelling at KW for trading Miles and what an incredible player he was going to be. He couldn't even in Coors Field :bang

this all just goes to show how badly we needed JM outta there. KW's tried so hard to put together a winning team and i'm sure that if Ozzie had been managing for the last however many years we'd have had more than 1 post season appearence....

I know this is crazy but Uribe really reminds me of Miguel Tejada. His bat his just really explosive and he is an agressive hitter but the ball just jumps off his bat. I'm not saying he'll be having an MVP season this year, but I see that type of potential in the kid.

He's also played STELLAR defensively.

Juan having big games at the top of the order (either 1 or 2) always seems to be a major factor in any big offensive games the Sox have had.  He's hitting .343 after tonight's game which is absurd after being a .240 type hitter in Colorado. 

I still like Jose, and I have been extremely pleased with how Willie has progressed already this season, but Uribe has got to be in the order 5 or 6 times a week. (Regardless of anyone being hurt) With his defensive versatility (2B, SS, even a little 3B) and offensive production, right now (not saying it will continue) Uribe deserves to be an all-star.

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang

:notworthy

Juan Uribe

I noticed that it may be a thing with hitters in coors swinging for the fences. Look at what Ronny Belliard is doing since leaving Coors. Belliard was a top prospect many years ago for the Brewers. The Brewers didn't hold onto him too long cause he had some attitude problems and then he went to Coors and I'm guessing him and Uribe's swing were enticed by the thin air and ease of home runs and it really messed up their swings.

That and when you play at Coors you basically have one swing for Coors and another for the road and it makes it extremely difficult to be a consistent hitter.

I'm pretty sure that lady was HSC

She was just jealous that Willie Harris was the better player in every way and that Miles would never live up to being able to hold Big Willie Style's JOCK!

WILLIE HARRIS 2B - Juan Uribe SS = White Sox in the playoffs! :headbang

Miles was a joke and a punk, the Rockies got fleeced so bad there.

:snr :drink :cheers :finger

KW--> :fight :crying

Guest JimH
I'm pretty sure that lady was HSC

That is exactly who it was.

She saw him play in the minors 2-3 times and after that, Miles was her guy.

No harm in liking a player, rooting for a player, etc. but when it blinds you, that's not good.

Miles has never been able to draw walks with any regularity. He's 5'8 at best, and he's got a small strike zone, but he doesn't use that to his advantage.

Even if Uribe never did anything for the Sox, it's obvious from looking at the two guys play that Uribe has loads more tools than Miles.

By the way, at that Sox Fest seminar, right after she got up and started giving KW s*** about trading away Miles, there was the famous aborted Baggio "I demand your resignation" speech, choke choke.

I was right across the aisle from them, it was really quite humorous.

That is exactly who it was.

She saw him play in the minors 2-3 times and after that, Miles was her guy.

No harm in liking a player, rooting for a player, etc. but when it blinds you, that's not good.

Miles has never been able to draw walks with any regularity.  He's 5'8 at best, and he's got a small strike zone, but he doesn't use that to his advantage.

Even if Uribe never did anything for the Sox, it's obvious from looking at the two guys play that Uribe has loads more tools than Miles.

By the way, at that Sox Fest seminar, right after she got up and started giving KW s*** about trading away Miles, there was the famous aborted Baggio "I demand your resignation" speech, choke choke.

I was right across the aisle from them, it was really quite humorous.

It was hilarious. :lol:

Heather speaks the truth. :cheers

Both BabyBerroa and Cool Poppa Willie are just raking (which I never expected from the latter, I admit) and they come off as EXTREMELY likeable and hilariously eccentric off the field - none of that Clayton/Jimenez/Parque clubhouse carcenogen in other words.