Sign in to follow this  
mac9001

ESPNEWS

For those with ESPNEWS, Frank Thomas will be having a live news conference on Saturday. Not sure what time, but it should be in the morning.

Interesting, he'll be talking to the media. Is he going to say he's willing to play for free, so JR can go get Beltran or something? :headbang

Interesting, he'll be talking to the media.  Is he going to say he's willing to play for free, so JR can go get Beltran or something? :headbang

Well, according to Chicago Media types, Frank will be breaking a 7 year silence with the Chicago Media on Saturday. I know Frank has brought some of this media backlash on himself, but the Chicago Media inflates Frank's silence the same way they inflate ShamME's ego. No way it has been seven years since Frank has talked to the media. With the way the Media treats him, I wish he'd stay quiet and just wallop the bejesus out of a baseball.

I think its 7 month's, not year's.

According to Channel 7's ST report from Tucson, it's 7 years. It's number inflation in the negative column :D

I think its 7 month's, not year's.

According to Channel 7's ST report from Tucson, it's 7 years. It's number inflation in the negative column :D

Then Channel 7 need's to lay off the pipe, cause there's no way that could be true.

However long it has been since Big Frank last talked to the media, it should be very interesting. After this long drought of silence from Thomas, I am dying to hear what he has to say.

:nono DONT DO IT FRANK...PLEASE DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!! :nono

christ things are going so well for the sox this off season....dont eff things up...we understand why you dont talk to the media and it doesnt bother us... :nono :nono DONT DO IT FRANK! !!!! :nono :nono

Guest hotsoxchick1
:nono DONT DO IT FRANK...PLEASE DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!! :nono

christ things are going so well for the sox this off season....dont eff things up...we understand why you dont talk to the media and it doesnt bother us... :nono  :nono DONT DO IT FRANK! !!!! :nono  :nono

im with you baggs.. whatever it is i dont want to know.. nor do i want frank to tell it....frank is best kept away from the media.............

I hope he sits down, says"I'm going to rip the f***ing cover off the ball this year," stands up, and walks away.

hmmm. I wonder what hes got up His Sleeve.

I hope the rumor that hes Retiring isnt true......

This is a bad idea.

The possibility is VERY large that Frank will say something, the press will misquote or misinterpret it, and Frank will throw a hissyfit.

This has happened before, as you all know.

He'd almost be better off just pulling a Steve Carlton and stopping altogether with the press.

He's waaaaaaay too sensitive of a guy, in my opinion.

Where have you heard this? I haven't heard or seen this discussed anywhere :huh:

I hope he sits down, says"I'm going to rip the f***ing cover off the ball this year," stands up, and walks away.

I'd agree with the slight change of making it, as he told SI in 2000, "don't you dare question my desire" and then walk away.

Unless Frank is beginning a campaign to get himself in the HOF 5 years after retirement, I see no reason for him to talk to the press now.

hmmm.  I wonder what hes got up His Sleeve.

Wow, I haven't heard that rumor, but it would shock me. By the way, welcome aboard :headbang

Has one of whats every year? I don't remember his press conference last year. Or the year before that. Or any other year, for that matter. Does anybody else.

You've all stated what could possibly go wrong with it. Is there any way that this could be a positive?

He always has a press conference on his first or second day of ST, every year. I think i even watched the one he had last season.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i dont recall him saying much of anything last year.......not in a press conference type of way anyhow.......and i surely havent heard any retirement rumors..........so i would scratch that idea.........

Guest hotsoxchick1
Maybe in was in 2001, but i know i've seen a ST press conference with big Frank.

well i remember the one in 2000 when they trapped him on his way into spring training........and the one in 2001 again when they trapped him in a corner of the locker room but i hardly call that a conference..........there wasnt one last year though cause he decided in 2001 he wasnt going to talk to them anymore..........as he should keep to that decision and shut the heck up when it comes to the press... he always seems to find a way to stick his foot in his mouth........i would like to start off this spring on a good note for a change.......... :D

Maybe in was in 2001, but i know i've seen a ST press conference with big Frank.

He had one back in 2001 I think after his whole asking for a raise thing.

Guest hotsoxchick1

that wasnt a press conference though jas.. that was him being cornered in the locker room and be tormented by the media cause of the asking for a raise thing.... i actually have some of that on tape believe it or not........

Guest hotsoxchick1
Frank needs to play not talk to media

EXACTLY !!!!!!!!! :headbang