ESPNEWS

mac9001

Interesting, he'll be talking to the media.  Is he going to say he's willing to play for free, so JR can go get Beltran or something? :headbang

Well, according to Chicago Media types, Frank will be breaking a 7 year silence with the Chicago Media on Saturday. I know Frank has brought some of this media backlash on himself, but the Chicago Media inflates Frank's silence the same way they inflate ShamME's ego. No way it has been seven years since Frank has talked to the media. With the way the Media treats him, I wish he'd stay quiet and just wallop the bejesus out of a baseball.

Guest hotsoxchick1
:nono DONT DO IT FRANK...PLEASE DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!! :nono

christ things are going so well for the sox this off season....dont eff things up...we understand why you dont talk to the media and it doesnt bother us... :nono  :nono DONT DO IT FRANK! !!!! :nono  :nono

im with you baggs.. whatever it is i dont want to know.. nor do i want frank to tell it....frank is best kept away from the media.............

This is a bad idea.

The possibility is VERY large that Frank will say something, the press will misquote or misinterpret it, and Frank will throw a hissyfit.

This has happened before, as you all know.

He'd almost be better off just pulling a Steve Carlton and stopping altogether with the press.

He's waaaaaaay too sensitive of a guy, in my opinion.

I hope he sits down, says"I'm going to rip the f***ing cover off the ball this year," stands up, and walks away.

I'd agree with the slight change of making it, as he told SI in 2000, "don't you dare question my desire" and then walk away.

Unless Frank is beginning a campaign to get himself in the HOF 5 years after retirement, I see no reason for him to talk to the press now.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i dont recall him saying much of anything last year.......not in a press conference type of way anyhow.......and i surely havent heard any retirement rumors..........so i would scratch that idea.........

Guest hotsoxchick1
Maybe in was in 2001, but i know i've seen a ST press conference with big Frank.

well i remember the one in 2000 when they trapped him on his way into spring training........and the one in 2001 again when they trapped him in a corner of the locker room but i hardly call that a conference..........there wasnt one last year though cause he decided in 2001 he wasnt going to talk to them anymore..........as he should keep to that decision and shut the heck up when it comes to the press... he always seems to find a way to stick his foot in his mouth........i would like to start off this spring on a good note for a change.......... :D

Guest hotsoxchick1

that wasnt a press conference though jas.. that was him being cornered in the locker room and be tormented by the media cause of the asking for a raise thing.... i actually have some of that on tape believe it or not........