Here's A Kid I Wouldn't Mind The Sox Drafting

SoxAce

Here's more info on another kid we will likely try to draft. From BA.

Mark Reed, c

Reed is the younger brother of White Sox outfield prospect Jeremy Reed, who led the minor leagues with a .373 average last year. Both are lefthanded hitters and have similar approaches at the plate. Mark, at 5-foot-10 and 170 pounds, may have more power than his brother, who was a singles hitter in college and has become a gap hitter in pro ball. Both play the game hard. Mark's arm and receiving skills are a little short for an everyday catcher. He has the versatility and speed to play almost anywhere but prefers to catch. Like his brother, Reed has committed to Long Beach State, and it may take at least the same $650,000 bonus Jeremy received from the White Sox in 2002 to entice him to sign. Reed is projected to be a third- or fourth-round pick, but the White Sox or Angels, who have made the signing of local high school players a priority, could overdraft him.

Here's more info on another kid we will likely try to draft. From BA.

Mark Reed, c

Reed is the younger brother of White Sox outfield prospect Jeremy Reed, who led the minor leagues with a .373 average last year. Both are lefthanded hitters and have similar approaches at the plate. Mark, at 5-foot-10 and 170 pounds, may have more power than his brother, who was a singles hitter in college and has become a gap hitter in pro ball. Both play the game hard. Mark's arm and receiving skills are a little short for an everyday catcher. He has the versatility and speed to play almost anywhere but prefers to catch. Like his brother, Reed has committed to Long Beach State, and it may take at least the same $650,000 bonus Jeremy received from the White Sox in 2002 to entice him to sign. Reed is projected to be a third- or fourth-round pick, but the White Sox or Angels, who have made the signing of local high school players a priority, could overdraft him.

Not in the first round. s*** I don't think we will draft a catcher in the first 10 rounds. I could be wrong though.

How is Reed a local high school player for the White Sox, unless of course he lives in CHicago, but I don't think a Chicago kid would be comitting to Long Beach State.

The reference was to the Angels, not the Sox...... I had to read it twice before I got it.

Guest JimH

I bet the Sox take him in the 3rd round if he's available.

They need catching badly, and if this kid is versatile that's a big plus.

Seeing as Sox brass also knows the family, it might be a good match.

I bet the Sox take him in the 3rd round if he's available.

They need catching badly, and if this kid is versatile that's a big plus.

Seeing as Sox brass also knows the family, it might be a good match.

I believe we need pitching, pitching, and more pitching. 6 picks in the top 70 should bring us a bunch back.

Guest JimH
I believe we need pitching, pitching, and more pitching. 6 picks in the top 70 should bring us a bunch back.

Absolutely.

And then you get to the 3rd, 4th round and can target other needs if the right type of guy is available.