Mike Morse

CWSOX45

He's our shortstop with Birmingham right? He has some pretty solid numbers. Hey Rex, how does this guy look? You think he could be wearing a Sox uniform in 2 or 3 years?

M.Morse .301 10 HR's 31 RBI

Thanks for any information.

CWSOX45

Morse looks good..... He is 6'4 aabout 220, so he is a big guy for SS. He handles the position pretty well. Eventually he could move to third, but I don't see that as an immediate concern.

I will hold judgement for now about whether he will be playing SS for the Sox in a couple of years. Morse is a career .258 hitter and has never had more than 10 HR. He seems to be putting it together this year and realizing his potential, but a good half season is not convincing enough. I like his potential, but I am not ready to proclaim him as an MLB SS just yet.

Guest JimH

He's striking out a lot, right Rex? He needs more plate discipline but it appears he's making significant progress in most areas of the game. Definitely a prospect to keep an eye on.

Guest JimH

Well, it's 6 year free agents and all they have to do is add him to the roster this winter if they feel he's a good prospect. If he has a decent year, I suspect they will.

He's striking out a lot, right Rex?  He needs more plate discipline but it appears he's making significant progress in most areas of the game.  Definitely a prospect to keep an eye on.

He is on pace to strike out 100+ times and walk only 35 times or so. So yes, plate discipline is his main weakness at the plate right now. He also gets him out sometimes by swinging at bad pitches.