*Official Draft Thread*

Palehosefan

David Price didn't get picked today. I'm watching him pitch in a high school all-star game, he's not doing too bad. Had some bad defense behind him, but he's tall at 6'4 and VERY skinny, but has nice stuff. He would be worth it to draft late and offer him top 10 round money just to see.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Draft Thoughts:

Odds are someone else just drafted our next star. Examples are Maggs, Uribe, E-Lo, etc.

Only a couple of these guys will ever play in the big league.

I'm old, to me these guys are trade bait in a couple years for someone who can help immediately. I've watched too many "can't miss" prospets - miss. I believe Rauch should be a perennial All-Star and twenty game winner beginning this season.

And even when we home grow some talent, we may lose them to free agency just when they are hitting their peak.

Finally, I use to follow the draft closely, pre- Curt Flood era. Free agency has taken away the importance of the draft as a team development tool.

Odds are someone else just drafted our next star. Examples are Maggs, Uribe, E-Lo, etc.

Actually Maggs wasn't eligible for the draft because he was born in Venezuela. The draft only covers the US, Canada, and American territories (Puerto Rico, Guam, etc.). Maggs was home grown through the system. Same with Loaiza, he wasn't part of the draft. Though the Pirates signed him. Uribe, also not eligible for the draft, was signed by the Rockies. While I understand your point, you used poor examples. :)