New Sox Voice????

Did you notice the brief commercial, during the FSC broadcasts, that the Sox are looking for a younger, hipper, edgier voice to broadcast for the Sox? I inferred that they will do an alternative broadcast, sort of like a SAP, for those who sometimes get a little tired of Hawk's act. They said they wanted someone between 21 and 30.

Does anyone here know more about this?

Did you notice the brief commercial, during the FSC broadcasts, that the Sox are looking for a younger, hipper, edgier voice to broadcast for the Sox? I inferred that they will do an alternative broadcast, sort of like a SAP, for those who sometimes get a little tired of Hawk's act. They said they wanted someone between 21 and 30.

you mean for those who ALWAYS get tired of his act...

:fyou Hawk and your ranting

How would you go about implemneting a SAP option with that on it?

:huh

you mean for those who ALWAYS get tired of his act...

:fyou Hawk and your ranting

Ranting? When does Hawk ever rant?

hawk.jpg

Lemme tell you somethin' Aboz:

The distasteful......... media perception of the Chicago White Sox is soley the result of one person: JAY MARIOTTI. Whatever move Kenny Williams makes (or doesn't make) J.J. takes it within himself to bash our tremendous organization. So much is made out of "Not signing Bartolo colon" and "Maggs contract extentions" that two AWESOME players are flying under the radar: Juan Uribe and Scott Schoeneweis. No question about it.........another great acquisition by Kenny Williams.

OH, have I told you lately about Ozzie ball; its an attitude you know? Don't forget about Jon Garland being given the opportunity to work himself out of big innings......I haven't yet set my quota of bringing that up five times in one broadcast. I love Ozzie ball. Ozzie ball..............................YES.

They're not just looking for a replacement for Damon Andrews.  They look like they are just trying something else out to broaden thier market.  Another Brooks Boyer Original, I think.

http://www.fsnchicago.com/soxopenmic.php

I like Hawk, and would stick with the regular broadcast regardless. However, this is a cool idea. It brings the fans closer to the game, and they really get to feel as part of the organization. I could see this catching on with other clubs in the future.