borchard

Hatchetman

Is this based on the past two days, if so, he's been doing really good as of late other then that. Heck, the last month, he's probably been one of the best position players in the organization.

He has had once again some minor injuries, but to me he's right on the brink.

You think Joe is gonna get called up in time for the Marlins game?

I think he should get called up. That doesn't mean he will. I've been saying it for about a week, but with Sandy unable to go on sunday, and Jamie Burke's performance that day, I don't see anyone being sent down.

I would like to see his power bat in the OF to help replace the half of the PK/FT platoon we're going to see at 1B.

I personally don't wanna see Borchard up until he gets his average at or above .300.

Borchard>Timo

Timo is king of the ground ball, can't hit LHP, or hit a line-drive to save his life.

Have some stats. (scroll down to get to the sox.)

Timo hits more GB's than Willie, and has the lowest "Line-Drive %" on the team. Not to mention the lazy plays we routinely see out of him. The one-handed-barely-got-there-cuz-I'm-too-cool-to-run-hard-catches. I've never seen Carlos Lee dog it to a ball like I have Timo. I'm tired of him.

Borchard provides a solid power bat in the lineup, Can hit from both sides of the plate, and will undoubtedly play a less lackadazical outfield.

Sure he may hit .250, so what. Timo's hitting the same thing. Borchard will give you a few more RBI's just by the longball. And this game is about scoring runs, not looking pretty.

I don't think Sandy not starting Sunday should lead us to be concerned about an injury. Ozzie was just getting Burke some playing time.

I really don't want to call up Borch, have him put up some monster numbers, then have Maggs come back and Borch get sent back down or worse... benched.

Supposedly, as I heard on the radio, Sandy came into the clubhouse on sunday and told Ozzie "he couldn't go today".

See the above post. Borchard > Timo. When Maggs comes back, ship that lazy bastard out of town.

Supposedly, as I heard on the radio, Sandy came into the clubhouse on sunday and told Ozzie "he couldn't go today". 

See the above post.  Borchard > Timo.  When Maggs comes back, ship that lazy bastard out of town.

:huh: Didn't hear that.

While I as well would love to see Borch up and Timo gone, I've heard Ozzie and Timo are good friends... could have affected him coming here in the first place.

Timo's defense is getting old. Just wait till he drops one of those routine flyballs. Everyone will be calling for his head.

There's no need for Borch to be up at this moment, after the series in Florida things might have changed. A-Row and Gloady are doin a fine job filling in for Maggs at the moment. Borch's in a mini slump at Charlotte, hopefully he can get some hits this week. :headbang

Borchard>Timo

Timo is king of the ground ball, can't hit LHP, or hit a line-drive to save his life.

Have some stats. (scroll down to get to the sox.)

Timo hits more GB's than Willie, and has the lowest "Line-Drive %" on the team.  Not to mention the lazy plays we routinely see out of him.  The one-handed-barely-got-there-cuz-I'm-too-cool-to-run-hard-catches.  I've never seen Carlos Lee dog it to a ball like I have Timo. I'm tired of him.

Borchard provides a solid power bat in the lineup, Can hit from both sides of the plate, and will undoubtedly play a less lackadazical outfield. 

Sure he may hit .250, so what.  Timo's hitting the same thing.  Borchard will give you a few more RBI's just by the longball.  And this game is about scoring runs, not looking pretty.

I see what you're saying. But, is it that much to ask of a guy with so called "superstar" potential to hit .300 at triple a? Just once?

I see what you're saying.  But,  is it that much to ask of a guy with so called "superstar" potential to hit .300 at triple a?  Just once?

Borch isn't goin to a .300 hitter in the majors. Think Jose Cruz Jr. type of numbers with more homers and RBI's.

Borch isn't goin to a .300 hitter in the majors. Think Jose Cruz Jr. type of numbers with more homers and RBI's.

Maybe i'm wrong. I just don't wanna see an Adam Dunn type of player. Granted Dunn is having a pretty good year this season. But, in the past it's either been Hr or strikeout. But, oh well. It's put up or shut up time I guess. Either trade him or give him a chance to produce.

Maybe i'm wrong.  I just don't wanna see an Adam Dunn type of player.  Granted Dunn is having a pretty good year this season.  But,  in the past it's either been Hr or strikeout.  But, oh well.  It's put up or shut up time I guess.  Either trade him or give him a chance to produce.

He doesn't want to see Adam Dunn type a player.....Yeah, having a 24yo (on pace to) hit 40+ HR with a 1000 OPS.....Oh no those horrible strike-outs, the humanity!

:lolhitting

Maybe i'm wrong.  I just don't wanna see an Adam Dunn type of player.  Granted Dunn is having a pretty good year this season.  But,  in the past it's either been Hr or strikeout.  But, oh well.  It's put up or shut up time I guess.  Either trade him or give him a chance to produce.

LOL, I wouldn't mind an adam dunn type player. However I do understand where your coming from with the strikeout or homer comment.

He doesn't want to see Adam Dunn type a player.....Yeah, having a 24yo (on pace to) hit 40+ HR with a 1000 OPS.....Oh no those horrible strike-outs, the humanity!

:lolhitting

If you read the post I said "granted he's having a good year this year".. But before this year he's been either hr or strikeout.