Rozner's column today....

YASNY

North and South

The debate rages on, with e-mailer Gary from Streamwood on Cubs fans vs. Sox fans: "If you walk up to a Cubs fan and tell him the Cubs won, he will ask about the game, home runs, the starting pitcher, etc.æ...

"If you walk up to a Sox fan, and tell him the Sox won, his first question will be, 'What did the Cubs do?'

"In general, the difference between Cubs and Sox fans is Cubs fans like the Cubs more than they dislike the Sox, while Sox fans dislike the Cubs more than they like the Sox.''

My email to him:

Mr. Rozner,

In response to the section of your June 16th column called "North and South":

A Sox fan doesn't ask those questions because he already knows the answers.

A Cubs fan will ask those questions as he is stumbling out of Wrigley Field.

Signed,

YASNY from soxtalk.net

Awesome response!

What is with Sox bashing and cub whining from the media as of late?!

It's all fear.

They know as they face better teams they are going to lose more and they can't keep up with Houston and the Cardinals, and i'm not even sure they can keep up with the Reds.

They will be above .500 i'm sure but they see their precious World Series year slipping from their hands....

Well, I guess in Rozner's defense, he didn't say that, an e-mailer did. Still, putting it in his column gives a sort of de-facto approval or agreement with it.

It really is a stupid comment because I don't think most Sox fans care a pinch of s*** about the Cubs. I usually don't even know who or when they are playing.

Mr. Rozner,

Signed,

YASNY from soxtalk.net

I love it man, absolutely love that response. :headbang :headbang :headbang

Mr. Rozner,

Signed,

YASNY from soxtalk.net

I love it man, absolutely love that response. :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Thank you ... and if Rozner chooses to print it in his njext column, Soxtalk gets some ink.

Frankly, I could care the hell less what the Cubs do. The Cubs are not my concern. The Twins are my concern.

If I even stumble across a Cubs game on TV, I find watching them to be utterly amusing. I have NEVER seen a team and it's fans and players so stressed out beyond the point of oblivion. It's ridiculous. Oh - you've got high expectations after being 4 outs from your first World Series since 1945? Okay - I understand high expectations - that's normal after a team has a good previous season. But this is absurd. Cubs pitchers look like the veins in their necks are gonna explode after about two innings. Has anyone EVER even seen Kerry Wood smile? Please.

This is just a small example of why being a White Sox fan is so enjoyable. We can go to Sox Park and enjoy the game with plenty of room to walk around and not have any of the chaotic crap that goes on at Wrigley.

The Sox haven't won the World Series since 1917. Um, yeah - that sorta sucks, but you don't see us Sox fans freaking out like the world is gonna end. As a die-hard White Sox fan, I take pride in knowing that when we lose, we simply move on, call it a game and look forward to the next one. When the Cubs lose, they do nothing but blame it on black cats in the alley, Billy the Goat, and some ridiculous dork named Bartman. What a bunch of sissy-assed crybabys. Too fu*king bad. Deal with it.

To sum up cub fans, here's a convo I just had with my step brother last week who's a cub fans:

me:did you see that flub game last night?

him:yes, well prior pitched well.

me:they lost it didn't really matter how he pitched.

him:I'd rather prior pitch well, then the cubs win.

me:Typical cub fan, you care more about how prior pitches then you do about if they win or lose.

him:Well it's only june and win aren't that important yet.

Last night during commercals watching the Sox.. Jim flips to the Cubs game. I'm in the kitchen putting dishes in the dishwasher.. hearing the channel flip, I come around the corner and say "what the hell are you doing..?" He says.. "you're gonna love the score (I guess the Cubs were losing..)". And I respond "I don't give a s***. Turn the Sox game back on".

Quickly.. the channel changed back. ;)

Last night during commercals watching the Sox.. Jim flips to the Cubs game. I'm in the kitchen putting dishes in the dishwasher.. hearing the channel flip, I come around the corner and say "what the hell are you doing..?" He says.. "you're gonna love the score (I guess the Cubs were losing..)". And I respond "I don't give a s***. Turn the Sox game back on".

Quickly.. the channel changed back.  ;)

What I don't understand is just because most sox fans hate the cubs, people think we care more about the cubs losing then the sox winning :rolleyes: . We all know that's ridiculous and I guess it's just something flub fans came up with to take a shot at sox fans.

What I don't understand is just because most sox fans hate the cubs, people think we care more about the cubs losing then the sox winning :rolleyes: .  We all know that's ridiculous and I guess it's just something flub fans came up with to take a shot at sox fans.

It fits in nicely with their notion that the world revolves around them and their s*** team.

I do care if the cubs lose because i absolutely hate the cubs. That doesn't mean i care about what they do more than i care about the Sox winning, but that's what people like to play if off as, concerning Sox fans. I hate the Cubs because of the Cubs fans. All the people i've grown up with, and everyone in my extended family are all Cubs fans, and they piss me off. They are so arrogant, cocky, and act like the Cubs are America's team and that the Sox don't exist. They never shut up about the Cell et al. It gets real old. Last year i had to listen to so much crap because they were in 1st, made the playoffs, etc. That was enough reason for them to just bash the Sox left and right, trust me. I loathe the Cubs and all their bandwagon jumping fans, who littered my computer screen with messages day after day last fall at school. 90% of these were complete bandwagon jumpers who watched maybe 5 games all year and would not stop with the Sox crap.

I do care if the cubs lose because i absolutely hate the cubs.  That doesn't mean i care about what they do more than i care about the Sox winning, but that's what people like to play if off as, concerning Sox fans. I hate the Cubs because of the Cubs fans.  All the people i've grown up with, and everyone in my extended family are all Cubs fans, and they piss me off. They are so arrogant, cocky, and act like the Cubs are America's team and that the Sox don't exist. They never shut up about the Cell et al. It gets real old. Last year i had to listen to so much crap because they were in 1st, made the playoffs, etc. That was enough reason for them to just bash the Sox left and right, trust me. I loathe the Cubs and all their bandwagon jumping fans, who littered my computer screen with messages day after day last fall at school. 90% of these were complete bandwagon jumpers who watched maybe 5 games all year and would not stop with the Sox crap.

Exactly, like I said I absolutely despise the cubs and most of their fans are just a bunch of morons. I always want the cubs to lose, however that's the third thing I concern myself with, first is obviously the sox, second the twins and then the flubs.

I do care if the cubs lose because i absolutely hate the cubs.  That doesn't mean i care about what they do more than i care about the Sox winning, but that's what people like to play if off as, concerning Sox fans. I hate the Cubs because of the Cubs fans.  All the people i've grown up with, and everyone in my extended family are all Cubs fans, and they piss me off. They are so arrogant, cocky, and act like the Cubs are America's team and that the Sox don't exist. They never shut up about the Cell et al. It gets real old. Last year i had to listen to so much crap because they were in 1st, made the playoffs, etc. That was enough reason for them to just bash the Sox left and right, trust me. I loathe the Cubs and all their bandwagon jumping fans, who littered my computer screen with messages day after day last fall at school. 90% of these were complete bandwagon jumpers who watched maybe 5 games all year and would not stop with the Sox crap.

They got you right were they want you.

I "love" the Sox, therefore I "hate" the Cubs. (Well not exactly - I also "hate" the Cubs because I really enjoy it, it's fun...but I digress.)

YASNY talks about the proverbial tide turning....It won't happen if Cubs win the World Series this year (which they might just do) or if they turn into the Braves on NLC in the next decade. No matter what the Sox do.

It's really quite simple: if you care about Sox' long-term future, you'd know that Cubs losing on consistent basis, year after year, is one of the KEY ingredients for true Soxess. A true, astute Sox fan also roots for whichever team happens to play the Cubs. It's not optional.

BrandoFan hits on an important reason to loathe the Cubs. What's good for them is bad for us, so you root against them. Whether or not you realize it, you do care about what they are doing over there. They care about we are doing as well, but not nearly to our extent, since they have the upper hand right now.

BrandoFan hits on an important reason to loathe the Cubs. What's good for them is bad for us, so you root against them. Whether or not you realize it, you do care about what they are doing over there.  They care about we are doing as well, but not nearly to our extent, since they have the upper hand right now.

I look to see if they won or lost when I'm reading the paper. I don't go out of my way.

What's good for them is bad for us, so you root against them.

Amen.

Don't let sell-out loser-hacks like J-Hood and Mariotti shame you into thinking it's somehow not in Chicago spirit to wish 100-loss seasons on the Northsiders.

I kind of fall under the category of IlliniKrush....

I think I hate the Cub fans more than I hate the team. I don't have a problem with the team; they have some great pitching that I wish we could have. However, their fans just make me want to despise anything Cubs. They're the most cocky people for not winning s*** since 1908.