Sports Weekly Sox Trade Rumor

Pasqua's Mailman

Everett wouldn't see the OF unless it was RF or LF. He'd probably only take the place of Ross Gload.

for a week? and then mags comes back.

I say 'no' to everett, just nowhere to put him right now.

The only thing about that is that Kenny has not shown confidence in bringing up position players he drafts so soon.  It usually takes an injury on the SOX for him to bring them up.  Ozzie doesn't seem to be big on greening kids in a pennant drive either.

The problem is that year after year the team is always in a pennant drive.

So when does this greening take place?

Are you complaining about the Sox constantly being in a pennant drive?

Yeah, I agree. Our problem is not offense, it is pitching. We need a fifth starter, not a CF.

To offer a counterpoint, I suggest you look at the last two games. If we are going anywhere in the playoffs, we are in DESPERATE need of a solid lefty RBI producer.

To offer a counterpoint, I suggest you look at the last two games.  If we are going anywhere in the playoffs, we are in DESPERATE need of a solid lefty RBI producer.

I agree. Don't get me wrong. We have a great offense. But the playoffs is a different beast. We need another left handed power bat.

To offer a counterpoint, I suggest you look at the last two games.  If we are going anywhere in the playoffs, we are in DESPERATE need of a solid lefty RBI producer.

Agreed. Not only an RBI guy, but a high OBP guy who can hit junk RHP, and bat near the top of the lineup.

Everett wouldn't have a spot on the Sox. CF is the only spot the Sox have. So Finley and Beltran make sense, even if they have to overpay. Counting on Harris and Uribe to carry the Sox into the playoffs is a bit much to ask them this year. The Sox need a veteran who can produce in the #2 spot.

Agreed. Not only an RBI guy, but a high OBP guy who can hit junk RHP, and bat near the top of the lineup.

Everett wouldn't have a spot on the Sox. CF is the only spot the Sox have. So Finley and Beltran make sense, even if they have to overpay. Counting on Harris and Uribe to carry the Sox into the playoffs is a bit much to ask them this year. The Sox need a veteran who can produce in the #2 spot.

Now that Koch is gone (addition by subtraction), they need the following:

1. Starter

2. Another reliable arm for the bullpen

2A. Left handed bat to play CF

I would like to see a minor league guy brought up for a few weeks to see if he can get the job done. They need someone with good control, and to me that means Bajenaru. Majewski is a KW favorite, but his control hasn't been as reliable.