LostInBoston

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bologna is the s***tiest lunch meet ever :notworthy

Turkey is the s*** :ph34r:

:bringit

Right there is a case study in why English is such a hard second language to learn.

"Bologna is the s***tiest lunch meet ever." = a bad thing

"Turkey is the s***" = a good thing?!?

By extension, consumption of anything that "gives me the s***s" would be good, right?

The English language begs for mercy. :D

Right there is a case study in why English is such a hard second language to learn.

By extension, consumption of anything that "gives me the s***s" would be good, right?

The English language begs for mercy.  :D

People talk like it all the time at DGS...maybe we are slow to the English language. Lets all stand upright and be correct.

Beastly and Steff should just meet on the playground after school one day and get all this over with.  After a few punches, you'll both feel better ;)

A few.... ?

You meant to say "after one..." ;)

The English language begs for mercy.  :D

Yes. Is it so friggin' hard to spell 'meet' as 'meat'?

It's a lot easier on the eyes when things, for the most part, are spelled and punctuated correctly.

People talk like it all the time at DGS...maybe we are slow to the English language. Lets all stand upright and be correct.

Well they are certainly doing a fine job of preparing you for a future career.

Yes.  Is it so friggin' hard to spell 'meet' as 'meat'?

It's a lot easier on the eyes when things, for the most part, are spelled and punctuated correctly.

I'm just the messenger.

I could have represented Beastly's quote as "meet [sic]" I guess, but I thought the quotes and the quoted passage were enough to indicate an intentional propagation of error."

She brought up bologna, and so I had my two cents on it.

As for the deal, its a beautiful thing. Now we can finally pursue Garcia.

Actually you changed the subject with your "no one is perfect" bulls***. :sleep

Jose Valentin will cost more than $2 million to resign I can guarantee you that. Some team in desperate need for a SS (Chicago Cubs, San Francisco, Boston if Nomar leaves and Cincinatti) will overpay for him just due to the supply and demand of SS's around the league. I doubt he will take a pay cut of 60% of his salary, especially when he's having another good season. If Renteria gets locked up by the Cardinals and Cabrera by the Expos, then the SS market gets even weaker.

Valdez looks like an Ozzie type of SS, doesn't matter if he can't hit well, so long as he plays excellent D and has a good arm.  Lets see how he hits for the Knights 1st however bf any1 makes a judgement on him. He never hit too well before this year, and doesn't hav any pop at all in his bat, so be warned. He was hitting in a hitters park down in Alberquque as well.

I'd luv to move Paul Konerko, I think every1 would, just because of the salary he is making. But they guy's having a pretty good year so far, with a good average. He still can't hit off righties too well, which is always goin to be a problem.

If KW doesn't think Borch and Reed are ready to play in Chicago, then he should go out sign or trade for a lefty slugger like Steve Finley, J.D Drew, Sean Casey, Matt Lawton or Jay Gibbons with the money we'll be gettin from the new TV deal.

Valentin is 34 and is playing on a bad hamstring that gets treated after every game. Let's not get carried away and pretend things like that doesn't lower a player's value.

The only reason he is even making 5 Mill this year is because Kenny f***ed up big-time. There wasn't a team in baseball that would have paid more than 3-3.5 Mill for his services - and that was before the hamstring thing.

Plus, when you sign a player for more than a year, you can get away with lower yearly sum. 2/4 Mill base plus another Mill or two in health-based incentives since you only need Jose for 500 atbats, mostly against RHP - not exactly a full-time player.

Contrary to the popular belief, you can't have an Amezaga/R.Ordonez in your line-up. And that assuming Valdez is even that good with the glove - both of our current SS have a ZoneRating of over 900 despite being slow starters, so how much better do you think he'll be defensively? I can see Valdez occasionally filling in against LHP, sure.

Konerko? If Billy Koch at his worst can net you a B-prospect, I bet Konerko is tradeable as well since he is having a really good year. You can't have both Lee AND Konerko on the roster next year making about 9 Mill each, and since Lee has a higher upside and is less one-dimenional, I think Konerko's contract should be the odd man out.

Casey is a 1B Sox won't overpay for. Lawton is a LF. Drew will be too expensive and injury-prone. Finley will be 40+. And Gibbons is not good. Sox will have Rowand-Harris platoon in CF next year in all likelyhood.

Really anything. HR managers appreciate someone who looks around and says

"this place is the s***"

And...

"Yes, yes, yes, of course, most definitely, you're absolutely right, I'll get right on that, need your dry cleaning picked up..."

:lol: