KOCH TRADED!!!!!!!!!!!&#33

LostInBoston

Welcome back? I saw you registered in 2002 and well 20 posts and this is the first I have ever seen you

And yeah cash considerations, I would guess around 1-3mil...

Deja Vu. As far as the money goes this smells an awful lot like what the Mets & Rangers did with the CWS last year. Tex & Mets paid their salaries & CWS shipped league minimum for each prospect traded.

It's probably Koch + 4 mil to Marlins for Valdez + 400K.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More news on Valdez, this was from April 26 this season.

Two shortstops in the Pacific Coast League better known for their gloves were making early impressions at the plate. Granted, Marlins farmhand Wilson Valdez plays at hitter's haven Albuquerque, but his .321 start, including a .354 on-base percentage and six stolen bases, was cause for encouragement. He's also a pure defender with excellent range and a plus arm.

:bang Knew that was coming

im just f***in with you guys

Koch didnt cut it in CWS and thats the business, your gone if you cant produce.. We also move some salary, get a prospect, and open the gates for more moves for the sox :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

More news on Valdez, this was from April 26 this season.

Two shortstops in the Pacific Coast League better known for their gloves were making early impressions at the plate. Granted, Marlins farmhand Wilson Valdez plays at hitter's haven Albuquerque, but his .321 start, including a .354 on-base percentage and six stolen bases, was cause for encouragement. He's also a pure defender with excellent range and a plus arm.

Nice

Looks like he's Ozzie's type of SS. Plays excellent D, good arm, lots of range, a bit of speed. Could be our utility man next year, if Valentin doesn't come back and we hav Willie and Uribe startin in the infield. ;)

Deja Vu. As far as the money goes this smells an awful lot like what the Mets & Rangers did with the CWS last year.  Tex & Mets paid their salaries & CWS shipped league minimum for each prospect traded. 

It's probably Koch + 4 mil to Marlins for Valdez + 400K.

The SCORE has been reporting the cash being 2 mil

OMG!! Just saw it on SC's bottom line. I'm so f***ing HAPPY!! KW you beatiful SOB!!! BTW, I'm f***ing buuzzzed outta my mind!!! :headbang I'm half drunk and I nearly scored. :)

Didnt i tell you not to come back with that "Almost Scored" stuff??????

You keep lettin me down man :headshake

MIAMI (AP) The Florida Marlins acquired reliever Billy Koch from the Chicago White Sox for minor league infielder Wilson Valdez late Thursday night.

Advertisement

The deal was announced shortly after the Marlins beat the White Sox 2-1 in 12 innings.

The Marlins acquired Koch and cash from the White Sox, who had recently replaced the right-hander with Shingo Takatsu - Japan's all-time saves leader - as the team's closer.

"I was sort of expecting it a little bit, but I didn't think (Florida)," Koch said. "Through the grapevine, I hear things. I never heard the Marlins, but it'll be good. I like the heat, I like the sun."

Koch, 29, never quite fit in with the White Sox after joining them last season. He appeared in 24 games this season with eight saves in 11 opportunities and a 1-1 record - but had a 5.40 ERA. Koch allowed 24 hits and 15 runs in 23 innings.

"That will be the best scenario for him," White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said. "It's a shame it didn't work out for him here because he was a class act."

The Marlins were in need of bullpen help in the middle innings to complement a solid starting rotation and closer Armando Benitez. Before trading for Koch, the Marlins' latest acquisition was 36-year-old Josias Manzanillo, who was called up from Triple-Albuquerque on Wednesday.

"He's a proven closer who knows how to handle games late," Marlins general manager Larry Beinfest said of Koch. "We'll put him right in that spot, in front of Benitez.

"Maybe a change of scenery will be good for him."

Koch is 28-23 with 163 career saves in six major league seasons with Toronto, Oakland and Chicago.

The 25-year-old Valdez was hitting .319 in 66 games at Albuquerque. Florida claimed him off waivers from Montreal in March 2002.