You think there are any more deals coming soon

WSoxShuf

This is just the start of the dealing.

With acquiring Wilson Valdez, 25, a career .282 hitter in the minors who can make solid contact, [like 60 K's over his BB's] he provides a reliable backup to Uribe [the future Sox SS]. This makes a power guy like Mike Morse at AA [over a .500 SLG %, with .280 avg, was over .300 much of the year] expendable. Morse has never hit this well, but is hitting for power this year and is a big guy in the A-Rod mold. Makes him a likely candidate to include in a trade, as Uribe is the Sox long term answer at SS.

So a team that may want a power hitting SS might want to trade with the Sox.

There are obvioubly more deals in the works. We just lost a RH bullpen arm on the same night that another RH bullpen arm lost another game for us. Whatever K-Dub is about to pull off, it's got to involve some RH bullpen help. I suppose there are a couple of minor leaguers that are ready but I don't know if that's how you put your team in the best position to get to a world series, which is what K-Dub has said he will try to do. A month ago we only needed a 5th starter. Within the last month, playing against some solid competition, we've learned that we now need 3 things, RH relief, a power LH bat, and a 5th (probably higher) starter. If K-Dub was serious about his goal, there are probably going to be some pretty big deals about to go down and the farm is about to get raided.

Still has an ERA of 5.00 I think though. Mayb his wife got into his ear and told him to straighten up.  ;)  :wub:

Burnett had an ERA in the 10s before he put up an awesome outing against us.

Benson has more dominating stuff than anybody on our staff right now. I think he'd be good since we probably wouldn't have to give up too much for him. I'm sure he'd be more consistent than Garland and Scho. Who knows, maybe he'd even displace MB or EL. He's been on a tear lately.

Burnett had an ERA in the 10s before he put up an awesome outing against us.

Benson has more dominating stuff than anybody on our staff right now.  I think he'd be good since we probably wouldn't have to give up too much for him.  I'm sure he'd be more consistent than Garland and Scho.  Who knows, maybe he'd even displace MB or EL.  He's been on a tear lately.

Benson's been throwing all year. Burnett's ERA of 10 was from two starts all year.

Benson's been throwing all year.  Burnett's ERA of 10 was from two starts all year.

That's true. I just feel like Benson CAN be a better pitcher than his totals thus far this year. He last few outings (against Boston and the Angels) have certainly shown his upside. I feel like if he can get in a good rhythm, he'll be able to sustain it for an extended period.

Benson has shown the capability to be a very good pitcher. He's had his arm problems, which put him on the DL for a long time, and I think he went under the knife. If so, he should be just about ready to come back to his normal abilities. Maybe, these past two starts are an indication of that.