Sign in to follow this  
CubsSuck1

Who's pumped about Munoz starting tomorrow?

I have a feeling Arnie will break the 5th starter curse tomorrow and go out and pitch his ass off. It should help that hes facing the spos, and tonights win will take a little pressure off of him. But hopefully if he does well Kenny won't settle for him, but go and get another ace.

:cheers Here's to Arnaldo.

But hopefully if he does well Kenny won't settle for him, but go and get another ace.

That's what I am worried about.

I wish I could see him tommorow, but I'll be at Purdue University for a basketball team camp/tourney. :crying

Best of luck to Arnie! :cheers

i'm excited about his start as well. hopefully the curve breaks some ankles. :headbang :cheers :headbang :cheers

i'm excited about his start as well. hopefully the curve breaks some ankles. :headbang  :cheers  :headbang  :cheers

Not if he leaves it up... but I think he will also break the 5th starter curse and hopefully not only will he pitch a good game tomorrow but I hope we actually give him some run support. Heres to his success :headbang :headbang :cheers :headbang

I'm so pysched about Munoz starting, especially b/c I'll get to see the game since it's on national t.v.

I have a feeling Arnie will break the 5th starter curse tomorrow and go out and pitch his ass off. It should help that hes facing the spos, and tonights win will take a little pressure off of him. But hopefully if he does well Kenny won't settle for him, but go and get another ace.

:cheers Here's to Arnaldo.

Pumped? I dont know about that. Holding my breath? Defenitely. The offense needs to show up and make things easier for him and get him comfortable early on.

can't ask for a better low-pressure break in game than pitching in front of 54 people in MOntreal.

no pressure for Arnie.

Just do it.

54 people...

I think your estimating way too high there...

More like 10-15 people... :lol:

54 people...

I think your estimating way too high there...

More like 10-15 people...  :lol:

I think there's more Expos fans in Puerto Rico than in Montreal.

:lol:

Pumped? No.

Hopefully optimistic? Maybe.

Go get 'em Arnie!

Munoz will toss a no hitter.

Just trying to throw good thoughts his way so cubssuck can be rewarded for his being pumpd up - here's to Munoz!

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

Munoz will toss a no hitter.

Just trying to throw good thoughts his way so cubssuck can be rewarded for his being pumpd up - here's to Munoz!

:cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers

Whatever works. I'm all for it! :cheers

I've been pumped and burned once too many on 5th starters this year. I'm optimistically skeptical. ;) :lol:

I never get excited about the 5th starter because it's almost an automatic loss. I hope he pitches well and keeps his roster spot. He may have the best opportunity pitching against the Expos.

He should be fairly comfortable against the Expos in Montreal, since they draw minor-league crowds. Hard to get nervous in front of 3,000 people.

I have a bad feeling that Jurassic Carl will have a big day, though.

Go GET 'EM, number 49!!!

( Don't know if he'll wear that number on Saturday, but that's the number he has in that picture )

This may be the best spot we've put a 5th starter into. He's on close to his regular schedule, he's pitching in a hockey town, we're coming off a win, and he doesn't have to worry about the closer. ;)

This may be the best spot we've put a 5th starter into. He's on close to his regular schedule, he's pitching in a hockey town, we're coming off a win, and he doesn't have to worry about the closer.  ;)

Actually he is dead on his regular schedule. He pitched 7 innings on Monday, giving him four days off before tonight's game.

I’ve wished the best to all the starters that have tried to get a Win in the fifth starter spot and I’ll wish the best for Arnie as well.

Go get ‘em! :cheers

I think there's more Expos fans in Puerto Rico than in Montreal.