Embarrasing

WSoxShuf

I think if the Sox can go out and make a big trade they can add Jon(Judy) Garland in to a trade then they should, like for Zito or so. I am sick of this he is going to get it s***. He is a major head case who scares the s*** out of himself everytime he has a baserunner on.

Garland was good for 8 innings and now people are asking to trade him? First of all, in the 9th he was still pitching well. After he gave up that "double" (I say it like that cause Frank should have gotten that ball) maybe Ozzie could have made a move. But I'm glad Jon lost this game himself instead of having the bullpen blow it for him.

I think if the Sox can go out and make a big trade they can add Jon(Judy) Garland in to a trade then they should, like for Zito or so. I am sick of this he is going to get it s***. He is a major head case who scares the s*** out of himself everytime he has a baserunner on.

Wow, unbelievable you blame this game on Jon? :headshake Garland pitched one hell of a game the offense didn't show up, just like the title of this thread says this series is embarrasing.

This sucks. It is ugly. We need Magglio back. We need a bullpen. We need a starter. We need a CF.

The Sox dont need any changes in the bullpen or in CF. They do need Magglio back and another starter desperately.

The thing is, they need the new starter before the next time the 5th slot needs to pitch. I would like to see a big trade right before the Cubs series to pump everybody up - otherwise I think we are going to get hammered next weekend.

It's not panic time, but what's it called just shy of panic? :o

:dips*** That's just about the dumbest thing I've read on these boards. Trading Garland would be idiotic. He pitched a great game. Ozzie left him in too long and the offense didn't show up.

Unbelievable. Did you even watch the game?

Garland is not the one to blame for this loss. He had a hell of a game (including that HR he gave up). Frank Thomas let a double go by. That was a good moment to get the bullpen since someone was in scoring position. Ozzie knows Jon has had problems in the past when pitching after seven innings. Besides the walks Jon gave up, he did absolutely well. He was just pitching in the wrong inning.

First off, Ozzie left a guy in to pitch the 9th who had only given up 1 hit in the previous 8ip. How can you possibly fault Ozzie for that decision, especially after the BP covered 6 innings the night before this afternoon game???

Secondly, despite an outstanding outing, this loss falls directly on the shoulders of Jon Garland. DJ kind of hit on my point, but JG was more f***ing worried about losing his no-no than he was making the pitch that needed to be made during the 6th inning. As soon as the counts got to 2-0 he quit pitching to the hitter, refused to throw anything that could be put in play. Selfish, phenomonally selfish, and it cost him dearly.

The only other questionable call I saw was in the bottom of the 9th. 1 out double and they pitch to Cabrera???? Walk that fool and set up the force outs. I can't believe that Jon threw Cabrera that cookie on a 2-0 count with 1B open. Unbelievably STUPID.

Garland does appear to have turned a corner of sorts, he had a great outing. He just needs to keep his head skr8 and he'll win a lot of games.

We really didn't play poorly enough to have a 2-4 road trip in my opinion. We ran into some good pitching in national league parks. Heading into this series we already knew that we'd be hurting without the DH, leaving either Frank or Paulie on the bench. We were missing Maggs. Willie is slumping. 5th starter got one start. We really shouldn't have expected to do much better considering our national league adjusted roster, IMO. Today was the killer though. 3 hits allowed and we lose to worst team in baseball. .500 would have been an acceptable trip.

First off, Ozzie left a guy in to pitch the 9th who had only given up 1 hit in the previous 8ip.  How can you possibly fault Ozzie for that decision, especially after the BP covered 6 innings the night before this afternoon game??? 

Secondly, despite an outstanding outing, this loss falls directly on the shoulders of Jon Garland.  DJ kind of hit on my point, but JG was more f***ing worried about losing his no-no than he was making the pitch that needed to be made during the 6th inning.  As soon as the counts got to 2-0 he quit pitching to the hitter, refused to throw anything that could be put in play.  Selfish, phenomonally selfish, and it cost him dearly.

The only other questionable call I saw was in the bottom of the 9th.  1 out double and they pitch to Cabrera????  Walk that fool and set up the force outs.  I can't believe that Jon threw Cabrera that cookie on a 2-0 count with 1B open.  Unbelievably STUPID. 

Garland does appear to have turned a corner of sorts, he had a great outing.  He just needs to keep his head skr8 and he'll win a lot of games.

We really didn't play poorly enough to have a 2-4 road trip in my opinion.  We ran into some good pitching in national league parks.  Heading into this series we already knew that we'd be hurting without the DH, leaving either Frank or Paulie on the bench.  We were missing Maggs.  Willie is slumping. 5th starter got one start.  We really shouldn't have expected to do much better considering our national league adjusted roster, IMO.  Today was the killer though.  3 hits allowed and we lose to worst team in baseball.  .500 would have been an acceptable trip.

No this loss does not fall on Jon. I agree he was worried about his no hitter to much but the offense mustered up 2 stinking runs for him tonight, garland pitched great and should have won this game, it's not his fault, it's the offenses fault.

No this loss does not fall on Jon.  I agree he was worried about his no hitter to much but the offense mustered up 2 stinking runs for him tonight, garland pitched great and should have won this game, it's not his fault, it's the offenses fault.

Hawk and DJ said Zach Day had allowed 3 runs or less in 10/13 outings. It was a pitchers battle heading into this game, not an offensive battle, and JG choked.

Hawk and DJ said Zach Day had allowed 3 runs or less in 10/13 outings.  It was a pitchers battle heading into this game, not an offensive battle, and JG choked.

So what the hell does that mean, day is a good pitcher but he's no where near a great pitcher. This team has struggled against any good pitchers this year and that needs to change I'm not talking about lighting these guys up but how about 3 or 4 runs one of these games. This is supposed to be one of the best offenses in baseball you'd think they'd be able to score more then 1 earned run on day. Garland pitched damn good and the offense didn't show up, it wasn't garlands fault, it was this offenses fault, period.