Ozzie has problems

fathom

One thing that annoys me is how he always leaves pitchers in to long

People cry about the Sox having a "two-man bullpen", and talk about how Pollitte, Jackson, etc etc etc should be released, sent to AAA or killed, then people b**** about Ozzie leaving starters in too long.

Amazing....

So if taking out Frank is a moronic deciision, than why did he do it against the Marlins on Thursday during a tie game in extra innings?  That was an even worse decision cause he coudl have had Willie pinch run for him, and Frank was eventually caught stealing.  Then, Ozzie replaced Frank for defensive reasons in the bottom half of the inning.

I have no problem about what he did with Garland....Garland didn't show signs that he was tired or ready to toss a cookie up there. Oz was giving him shot for the win....and he deserved the shot.

Regarding the Friday game. It was tied with one out when Frank got a hit. Willie Harris is on the bench. I saw NO reason to not pinch run willie and then bring Konerko in for next inning. Fine I understand Frank is hitting well, but the drop off from Frank to Pauly is minimal right now, not too mentino Pauly would be in there for defensive purposes late in the game. The way I saw it was....with willie running....a base hit gets him to third and a sac fly scores him. If it didn't work then fine Pauly is in...not that much of a drop off. I argued with my friend for like an hour about this...cause he kept saying Frank should have stayed in the game cause it was tied. I just don't understand it...If you're trying to win, then take advantage of that baserunner by putting someone with speed on. The bat drop off was not that significant

Ozzie did this one other time when Konerko led off the bottom of the 8th with no outs and a 4-2 lead. Why not pinch run for Pauly and have a better chance to get that insurance run in. Pauly was forced out with next batter on what would have definitely been a hit with anyone else running from 1st to 2nd.

Ozzie has done alright...he has made some small mistakes. A lot of things I question are not mistakes, but more or less my opinions( which I can admit aren't always right). Either way, I wonder about some of these decisions and if they would have been made under Nossek. I hope Harold is giving some input. I only saw him once in the dugout and he looked almost half asleep when everyone else was high fiving.