Did Shingo get the "perfect game?"

Hatchetman

Shingo is a beast. I love how "scouts" and "experts" were knocking us for signing him, because of his slow velocity etc. We signed this guy for really cheap, and we have the option for next year. I love that we signed this guy; he's not Mr. Zero for nothing.

Shingo!!! :headbang

Mariotti is still knocking him and saying that we can't rely on him because the second time around everybody will be onto him. I stand by it that it doesn't matter how many times you have faced him in the past, for you to walk into him, after having seen other pitching all night, his style and his movement will still f with your eyes. I think we have a dang solid closer who should remain there until he turns into crap. Heck, the man dominated un Japan forever, and I am pretty sure those batters saw him more than once.

Mariotti is still knocking him and saying that we can't rely on him because the second time around everybody will be onto him. I stand by it that it doesn't matter how many times you have faced him in the past, for you to walk into him, after having seen other pitching all night, his style and his movement will still f with your eyes. I think we have a dang solid closer who should remain there until he turns into crap. Heck, the man dominated un Japan forever, and I am pretty sure those batters saw him more than once.

He's the all-time saves leader in Japan. They obviously didn't catch on to his style of pitching after one AB. True, he might end up blowing a save later on, but even Mariano Rivera's done that.

I don't think I have loved a new Sox player this much since I saw Maggs take his first few at bats a few years ago. I find it amazing that Shingo has caught on like he has! When was the last time a relief pitcher of any sort became a star player on a team, especially in this area? I am starting to see kids in Takatsu jersey's! I almost ran up to the kid I saw wearing one on Sunday. I was out in Rockford area, and there he was, Takatsu jersey, Sox T-shirt underneath, and a Sox hat, digging through the Sox clothes at a Kohls!

Shingo rules! :snr

Shingo is a beast.  I love how "scouts" and "experts" were knocking us for signing him, because of his slow velocity etc.  We signed this guy for really cheap, and we have the option for next year.  I love that we signed this guy; he's not Mr. Zero for nothing.

Shingo!!! :headbang

Just for reference....Mr.Zero was a nickname made up by the media. Shingo said no one called him that in Japan. Regardless, the nickname fits him well.

Ok, Mariotti is an idiot. Nomo went 1-2 years before anyone figured him out. No one is going to figure out Shingo this year. I just want a solid closer this year...if we need someone different next year...we can go out and get him.

Now we need to think of a song to play when he enters from the Bullpen...

For us old timers, how about:

Mr. Roboto - Styx

Domo arigato, Shingo Takatsu,

Mata ah-oo hima de

Domo arigato, Shingo Takatsu,

Himitsu wo shiri tai

You're wondering who I am-machine or mannequin

With parts made in Japan, I am the mod-ren man

great song, plus Styx was a bunch of South Side guys, right?

I think they are Cub fans. Plus, I beg to differ, terrible song, and an even worse band. They have aged not well at all. Was going through their 4 "classic" albums the other day. Phew, they stunk.

I like "Saved By Zero" by The Fixx. Good call. Plus I think that keeping it away from his nationality should be a wise idea. Asians get enough racial abuse in this country and people get away with it all the time, so unless we play the Japanese National Anthem, I think anything dealing with him in those ways would just not be cool.

I've got your picture of me and you

You wrote "I love you" I wrote "me too"

I sit there staring and there's nothing else to do

Oh it's in color

Your hair is brown

Your eyes are hazel

And soft as clouds

I often kiss you when there's no one else around

I've got your picture, I've got your picture

I'd like a million of you over myself

I asked the doctor to take your picture

So I can look at you from inside as well

You've got me turning up and turning down

and turning in and turning 'round

I'm turning Japanese

I think I'm turning Japanese

I really think so

Turning Japanese

I really think so

I'm turning Japanese

I really think so

Turning Japanese

I really think so

I've got your picture, I've got your picture

I'd like a million of you over myself

I asked the doctor to take your picture

So I can look at you from inside as well

You've got me turning up and turning down

and turning in and turning 'round

I'm turning Japanese

I really think so

Turning Japanese

I really think so

I'm turning Japanese

I really think so

Turning Japanese

I really think so

No sex, no drugs, no wine, no women

No fun, no sin, no you, no wonder it's dark

Everyone around me is a total stranger

Everyone avoids me like a psyched lone-ranger

Everyone

That's why I'm turning Japanese

I really think so

Turning Japanese

I really think so

I'm turning Japanese

I really think so

Turning Japanese

I really think so...

I think they are Cub fans. Plus, I beg to differ, terrible song, and an even worse band. They have aged not well at all. Was going through their 4 "classic" albums the other day. Phew, they stunk.

I like "Saved By Zero" by The Fixx. Good call. Plus I think that keeping it away from his nationality should be a wise idea. Asians get enough racial abuse in this country and people get away with it all the time, so unless we play the Japanese National Anthem, I think anything dealing with him in those ways would just not be cool.

Haha, guess we just have different taste regarding Styx. There's that one great scene in The Simpson's Homer's Odyssey when he's sailing through along the river Styx in Hades and there's a band of dead people playing Renegade and Homer says, "AH! This truly is Hell!"

Yeah, I think Saved by Zero is perfect.

Oh, and you have to love Gagne's schtick with "Welcome to the Jungle" and the Jumbotron flashing "GAME OVER"