Its a Nice Win, But There are still a few Problems

Butter Parque

I might be sounding too greedy with this but Rauch only did half of his job. The 5th starter is suppose to give you an alright outing and eat up innings. Rauch pitched ok. He only gave us 5 innings though. We had to use Marte for another 2 innings and couldn't give the bullpen a rest. I'll take the win and the good outing by Rauch, but he has to start going deeper into games.

It would have been nice for him to go more than 5, but I think you have the expectations for Ace pitcher and 5th starter confused. You want your Ace to take you late into games, maybe pitching the whole way. Then you want your 5th starter to give you a few good innings, keep the game close, and turn it over to the bullpen to hold onto a lead.

For a fifth starter, mission accomplished.

I might be sounding too greedy with this but Rauch only did half of his job. The 5th starter is suppose to give you an alright outing and eat up innings. Rauch pitched ok. He only gave us 5 innings though. We had to use Marte for another 2 innings and couldn't give the bullpen a rest. I'll take the win and the good outing by Rauch, but he has to start going deeper into games.

Your right, your sounding a little too gready, with our luck in the fifth starter spot give me 1 run in five innings every fifth rather than 3 innings and 5+ runs. I see where your saying he still needs to improve because he does, the Tribe could have won todays game if it wasn't for ARow but when you look at our success rate with the fifth spot, I'll take it.

Rauch has shown a couple times he can do it at the major league level, nothing would be better than some quality pitching right now because we are horrible. I hope he can hold the spot down until we get another starter.

I would like to see out fifth starter go an inning or more longer, but Rauch hung in there and got the job done for a win. A WIN FROM THE #5 SPOT!

Be happy and maybe Jon can go morfe next time. He showed he should be here and that's after a lot of calls for his head on a platter after his boneheaded move. I liked Jon and didn't want to see him traded. If that's all he gets is the one win it was still worth it.

You are absolutely insane...

The guy went against one of the hottestest offenses in the AL on a screwed up schedule and managed to only give up one run in 5 innings.

We should be praising and congratulating him and still you people can find a reason to b****.

We won be happy about it.

If you're looking for a complete game shutout from the 5th slot you're gonna be dissappointed. I'm glad he stepped in there and got it done & that's the 1st win from the 5th slot in god knows how long.

Valentin and Crede are really stepping it up lately. Keep up the good work boys! :headbang A month ago Crede was right at the mendoza line and people were calling for his hide. Now he's up 40 or so points on his average and getting some RBI's too so props to him for stepping up when we needed some more O.

2 weeks ago i thought rauch was done and should be released. now i've got him penciled in for 14 wins next year :D

He's shown me something in his last three starts... the two after he got sent back down he went deep into the games, and todays start he was able to escape with minimal damage.

He was leading the IL in ERA so it shouldn't come as a complete surprise that he can actually pitch a little bit.

idonno about a guranteed 3 chances but he has defenitely earned himself 2 more chances thats if we dont trade for a new pitcher by then

He would only need to make 2 starts before the ASB. and the first game we'd need him after the break would be July 19. I think he will probably stick with the team, but move to the pen after a deal is made.

this thread is a shame, we finally get a win from our fifth starter and we want more, with the way our "aces" have been pitching and our bullpen problems as of late we should all be drunk and and celebrating like we won game seven of a post-season series. a win is a win folks.

Butter Parque what the hell is wrong with you?

5 ip and 1 run and you complain about it?

Not a surprise.. you were the fool who last night said Screw the White Sox and you were sick of them and all that...

Think about it, most teams who are going to the playoffs aren't just happy with getting more than 3 innings from their 5th starter. I said I was happy that he only gave up 1 run but come one, I have never seen him go past 5 innings in his starts both this season and 2 or 3 years ago.

Last night when I said I was sick of this team, I still mean that and stick by it. I'm not a fool for saying it either. Last year in the offseason, sox fans were thinking back about those games they lost to Detroit. We could have been in the playoffs if we beat them. If we don't make it this year, you'll be the same people cursing over the fact that we lost these games and asking for Ozzie's head.