Shoney on DL

EvilJester99

Diaz:

Stats as of 5/13

5-0, 1.83

not like it really matters hopefully he can do better then ranch and will thrive on a second change

5/23/04=-7 4 3 3 3 7 0

5/28/04=-6 6 3 3 1 6 1

6/02/04=-6 2-3 5 3 3 2 5 2

6/07/04=-6 8 8 7 2 3 2 (GOT ROCKED)

6/12/04=-7 4 1 1 1 7 0

6/18/04=-5 7 5 5 1 1 2 (GOT ROCKED)

dosent look that great

I don't see anything on whitesox.com about it, but if this is true, this sux. I mean, right when we think we have our 5th starter for the time being, this happens, and we have to bring up another minor leaguer. Also, Diaz hasn't been as dominant since being sent down, so that worries me a little about his confidence. Well, best of luck to Diaz against Zambrano b/c he'll need it. :cheers

Diaz:

Stats as of 5/13

5-0, 1.83

not like it really matters hopefully he can do better then ranch and will thrive on a second change

I'll take a performance like Rauch's (yesterday) any day from a minor leaguer. I realize we want to see them go further in the game, but at this point it's take what you can get. Or so it seems... :unsure:

On the broadcast they said he is on the 15 day DL with an elbow problem. Now Diaz will start tomorrow against the Scrubs. DOH!!

Now the Sox are going to be really desperate for the trade. Hopefully Scoh's problem isn't too serious. Another negative is, teams have to know this and they are gonna ask for a lot in return.

I do think with Beltran moved, your gonna see some deals go down now.

I'll take a performance like Rauch's (yesterday) any day from a minor leaguer.  I realize we want to see them go further in the game, but at this point it's take what you can get.  Or so it seems...  :unsure:

Well, Rauch only had 80 pitches, so I'm gonna assume that the Sox were going to prefer to turn it over to the bullpen a little early simply because they wanted Rauch to leave the game on a high note and not chance him messing it up.

Well, Rauch only had 80 pitches, so I'm gonna assume that the Sox were going to prefer to turn it over to the bullpen a little early simply because they wanted Rauch to leave the game on a high note and not chance him messing it up.

'Specially if they were showcasing him... :unsure:

it's definitely true.

Just talked about it on the radio, too.

got to look bright side: If he delivers, it's a massive lift for the club, right?

Heck ya it is, and it is also a massive bump to both his and Rauch's trade values if the Sox do dangle one of them as bait.

Rauch had 80 pitches of which only 47 were strikes. He also allowed 9 baserunners and had a wild pitch. He came out of the game because they didn't want to take any more chances with him. He held on for 5 innings, but the house of cards would have crumbled had he stayed in longer.