Official Ortiz/Jones ATL Rumors Thread

redandwhite

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great deal if Ortiz can return to the year when he finished like 2nd or 3rd in cy young voting(it was either last year or 2 years ago). But, it's not like he's been bad this year, so I'm happy no matter what. Also, I'd like to see who we gave up to make this trade.

The Score Radio in Chicago is reporting that the White Sox are close to completing a deal that would send Russ Ortiz to the White Sox, and prospects to Atlanta.

Stay Posted.

Ortiz??? Blah!!!! :puke

Ortiz is one of the more overrated pitchers in the game. Even when he pitches great he is often spent after 7 innings because of the ridiculous amount of balls he throws. He is slightly overweight, he leaves his pitches too high (when he throws them for strikes), if he ever loses a little bit of velocity, he is f***ED. He also averages 4-5 bb's a game. I don't like the thought of him pitching in a small park like the cell either. His ERA is 5.54 when he isn't playing in spacious Turner Field.

Luckily we don't need Cy Young, so as long as we don't trade Reed, Borchard, Sweeney, or Honel I don't mind this trade. Otherwise it is a risky trade.

The Score Radio in Chicago is reporting that the White Sox are close to completing a deal that would send Russ Ortiz to the White Sox, and prospects to Atlanta.

Stay Posted.

I like Ortiz. He throws a lot of pitches and sometimes fails to go deep into games, but he's a good pitcher. I wonder what the Braves would be getting. I hope the Sox could somehow do the deal without giving up a top prospect, however, you have to give something to get something.

Anyone know what Ortiz's contract is? Also, you'd have to think Rauch helped his trade value with yesterdays outing.

Ortiz is one of the more overrated pitchers in the game.  Even when he pitches great he is often spent after 7 innings because of the ridiculous amount of balls he throws.  He is slightly overweight, he leaves his pitches too high (when he throws them for strikes), if he ever loses a little bit of velocity, he is f***ED. He also averages 4-5 bb's a game.  I don't like the thought of him pitching in a small park like the cell either.  His ERA is 5.54 when he isn't playing in spacious Turner Field.

Luckily we don't need Cy Young, so as long as we don't trade Reed, Borchard, Sweeney, or Honel I don't mind this trade.  Otherwise it is a risky trade.

Isn't turner field a decent hitters park. Maybe I'm wrong, I know its not a small park, but I always though the stadium had pretty high homerun numbers. Well, its not as small as the Cell, but its not Safeco either.