Official Ortiz/Jones ATL Rumors Thread

redandwhite

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's funny that you had to bump a thread two hours after the last post was made.

That's what trading for the AL leader in ERA does.

I was talking to Jason and said I couldn't believe it was half way down on the 2nd page, would've been on the 3rd page by morning. :o

I leave for one weekend and I miss all of this. Wow, great news to come home to. If we could have a rotation of Loaiza, Buehrle, Garcia, Ortiz, and Garland that would be so sweet. And then a GG CF, I would have an orgasim. Even if we lose Maggs, Rowand would do just fine in RF IMO.

BUMP again, found this

The Braves indeed inquired about White Sox outfielder Magglio Ordonez, but now that the Sox have landed Freddy Garcia, Chicago doesn't need Braves righthander Russ Ortiz. A straight-up Ordonez-for-Andruw Jones deal would not interest the Sox unless the Braves paid a portion of the $39 million that Jones is owed over the next three seasons. Jones, 27, appears in decline offensively, and the Sox can find better ways to spend $13 million per season. The Braves could move J.D. Drew to center if they acquired Ordonez. Another, perhaps more likely, option would be for them to flip Ordonez to another club. Both Ordonez and Drew will be free agents at the end of the season. . . .

And 7000 posts for me! :cheers

Edited by DBAH0

Well, what if the deal was Jones/Smoltz for Magglio/Rauch. I don't know if the Braves would do this, but if I'm the Sox, you get Jones for a few years, get a closer for this year (I know Shingo is awesome, but wow, Smoltz) and well frankly its just an interesting scenario.

I do know one thing, I really was liking the idea of having Andruw Jones in CF for the next few years.

Well, what if the deal was Jones/Smoltz for Magglio/Rauch.  I don't know if the Braves would do this, but if I'm the Sox, you get Jones for a few years, get a closer for this year (I know Shingo is awesome, but wow, Smoltz) and well frankly its just an interesting scenario.

I do know one thing, I really was liking the idea of having Andruw Jones in CF for the next few years.

I'd do it in a sec.

I was talking to Ian on aim and he mentioned that someone posted something on WSI from a radio station out there.

They reported at the end of the Braves game that this deal could happen within the week:

Maggs and pitching prospects for Jones/Ortiz/Cruz

Now remember this was before the Sox had acquired Garcia, but I'd do this deal assuming Bmac isn't a part of the trade..

BUMP again, found this

The Braves indeed inquired about White Sox outfielder Magglio Ordonez, but now that the Sox have landed Freddy Garcia, Chicago doesn't need Braves righthander Russ Ortiz. A straight-up Ordonez-for-Andruw Jones deal would not interest the Sox unless the Braves paid a portion of the $39 million that Jones is owed over the next three seasons. Jones, 27, appears in decline offensively, and the Sox can find better ways to spend $13 million per season. The Braves could move J.D. Drew to center if they acquired Ordonez. Another, perhaps more likely, option would be for them to flip Ordonez to another club. Both Ordonez and Drew will be free agents at the end of the season. . . .

And 7000 posts for me!  :cheers

How can a 27 yr old be in decline??? :o

Maggs and pitching prospects for Jones/Ortiz/Cruz

Why would Atlanta do that? Maybe it is just me, but if KW knows in his heart of hearts that he is not going to be able to resign Mags, I would do that ASAP!! I just dont get why Atlanta would dump those 3 guys for just Maggs and a pitching prospect.

Why would Atlanta do that? Maybe it is just me, but if KW knows in his heart of hearts that he is not going to be able to resign Mags, I would do that ASAP!! I just dont get why Atlanta would dump those 3 guys for just Maggs and a pitching prospect.

Who knows, but maybe Atlanta has some other deals up their sleeves. You never know. Thats what was reported in Atlanta and it was before the Garcia deal. All I know is I'd jump all over it.

Who knows, but maybe Atlanta has some other deals up their sleeves.  You never know.  Thats what was reported in Atlanta and it was before the Garcia deal.  All I know is I'd jump all over it.

This deal orginiated IN atlanta? hmmm.... now that is interesting

I'd do it without even thinking about it

This deal orginiated IN atlanta? hmmm.... now that is interesting

I'd do it without even thinking about it

Who knows who the pitching prospects are. It could be Munoz and Rauch or Rauch and Diaz which could make some sense. They get some young arms that can pitch in the majors now and Maggs whose really good offensively.

You novices. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter whether you are a LH or RH bat.

What matters is how well you do against RH & LH pitchers.

The SOX are hitting 961 OPS vs LH, 807 vs RH.

Andruw Jones 856 vs RH, 679 vs LH.

Translation:

We have plenty of guys on the team that can hit LH.

We have few guys on the team that can hit RH.

Andruw Jones Defense & bat vs RH = more SOX wins.