Biggest Win of The Year?

Heads22

Is this quite possibly the biggest win of the year? It kind of stops a slide, we get a win from a fifth starter, and it comes against the Cubs. We are now 2.5 games back. Depending on how much the Brew crew decides to help us, first place is ours in the next series.

They're all big, but I understand what you are saying.

What's our longest win streak this season.

We haven't put together a monumental win streak the past

two or three years, have we?

We had that 10 gamer. It might have been longer, but I can't remember the numbers, but that's when Hawk made the bet that he'd buzz his head if the Sox won 10 in a row. And that they did.

Is this quite possibly the biggest win of the year? It kind of stops a slide, we get a win from a fifth starter, and it comes against the Cubs. We are now 2.5 games back. Depending on how much the Brew crew decides to help us, first place is ours in the next series.

Today was pretty huge. We lose today and the Flubbs fans start bringing brooms into our house. That's just soooo totally wrong.

As if there is any doubt.

Comeback against KC, one in Minnesota and a couple of others were big, but in this one Sox were actually DESPERATE for a win, a some sort of miracle - entire season is on the line, remember? Plus, dude, the Kubbies......

Of course of Loaiza fails to step up tomorrow, it might be not mean quite as much. If E-Lo could mow through Florida's line-up and make Indians seem pathetic in first 4 innings, why couldn't he shut Cubs down?

Come on Elo, show us why you deserve to start against Curt Shilling in ALDS and get big money in the off-season. Garland brought his game (first 4 innings only), but can't you? :huh

The guy in my sig will get the job done. And remember you heard it from me first. I don't want to jinx him (or that other crap such as a curse) but I'm pretty sure the Sox will take advantage of Greg's curveballs, which really don't curve. Most of them end up as HR's.

Let's take 2 out of 3! :headbang

I wouldn't say its the biggest win of the year. Needed? Absolutely, but until the Sox can beat the Twins consistently, and, oh, I don't know, win the division, "biggest" wins should be against the Twins. Every Sox game vs. the Twins should be a "statement" game for the Sox.

Of course, it is always, always good to beat the Cubs.

Isn't it weird that our last 2 wins have come from our 5th starters in Rauch and Diaz when we haven't had a win from our 5th starter for so long. They needed to step up, with the other main starters in a funk.

Today was pretty huge.  We lose today and the Flubbs fans start bringing brooms into our house.  That's just soooo  totally wrong.

Actually, I heard on Friday that for this series and ONLY this series, brooms were NOT going to be allowed in by fans of either team.

I guess they didnt want all-out aisle sweeping contests to break out around the stadium.... :huh :D

Actually, today's win would technically be from a SIXTH starter, wouldn't it?

Or....maybe from a "2nd 4th starter", since Diaz replaced Schoe?

:D

I wouldn't say its the biggest win of the year.  Needed?  Absolutely, but until the Sox can beat the Twins consistently, and, oh, I don't know, win the division, "biggest" wins should be against the Twins.  Every Sox game vs. the Twins should be a "statement" game for the Sox.

Of course, it is always, always good to beat the Cubs.

No, this win was HUGE.

We lose, we are looking at a potential sweep by the Cubbies IN OUR HOUSE. That sends us into a funk heading into the Minnesota series, where we could seriously have gotten f***ed in the ass(and we still could, nothing is over yet), and that would put us atleast 5-6 games back, and we are still trying to find ourselves when we head to Wrigley, where we would almost undoubtedly be f***ed in the ass again while Minnesota gets Arizona. It all snowballs from there and, had we not gotten this win today, it could have looked like the end of the world two weeks from now...we could easily be 7-10 games out.

This win was big in more then one aspect. I'm just happy as hell we got it. We continue from here.

This win will not be the biggest win of the year at the end of the year...but it will be looked at as a huge win nonetheless.